Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2023 7:42:10 PM EDT
So my blue lodge is great I really like the guys and it’s just a good place. But I have since moved almost an hour away. I’m 9 minutes from the local lodge. I work with a member of the lodge and he is a stand up A1 kind of guy. We help each other with our farms and we work together but on different shifts. He also got me to join the Scottish Rite. He asked if I was interested in moving lodges to be closer to home and get to know people in the community. I will say if I was 9 minutes to lodge I could make a lot more meetings and events. Would you guys go check it out and move?
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 12:37:42 AM EDT
[#1]
If you can afford it, you could remain a member of you current lodge and become a plural member of the other lodge. Or, just continue to go to the new one. Unless you want to be an officer, I imagine most jurisdictions are the same in this regard, you don’t have to be a member.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 10:13:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OverScoped] [#2]
The easy way is to just pay dues at your other lodge and attend the one closer.
If you want to be an elected officer, you will have to transfer.. The secretary of the closer lodge will guide you, or if you travel to your old lodge ask that secretary...  The transfer is just a little paperwork and you have to be voted into the new lodge.

Personally I would just pay dues at my old lodge and make some monetary contributions to the new lodge, like donations for the dinners.

I have sat in chairs at other lodges as a fill in, but not any of the elected positions.  

ETA... My lodge gets about 3 visitors every meeting, just like your situation... Those Brothers are just as welcome as any other and honestly very few even know they are not members.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:01:31 PM EDT
[#4]
In GLNY, you would want to take an affiliation membership with the other Lodge and keep your primary membership at your Mother Lodge. Should you decide to flip you can, or you can demit from either at any time, but if you are attending on the regular you should pay dues there to cover your end.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top