Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2021 5:59:43 PM EDT
I’m going over to another agency that doesn’t use the same retirement. Is there any benefit to leaving my old one frozen or should I try to roll it over to my new agency’s retirement?

I’m also thinking of just rolling it over into a traditional IRA and then starting my new one on its own.

Any one have insight here?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:34:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless you can roll it into the new one AND they match it any, I would start a separate IRA.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:00:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I couldn't roll my county retirement into my city retirement when I changed jobs.  I left it put and it still continues to gain interest.  If I had pulled it out I would have had to paid about 40% in taxes.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:51:34 PM EDT
[#3]
That might be a better question to ask in the business and investing forum.  I've worked for two agencies and my retirement is basically a privately run but statewide retirement system so mine transferred from my first agency to my second agency.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top