Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2020 12:18:14 PM EDT
Wanted to see if I could get some feedback from you guys....

-I work in Telecom sales with companies that have 400+ employees and I have about 80 Named Accounts.  
-This is strictly a hunting role and we typically don't have any relationship with these companies right now.  
-The people we could meet with depending on the company include CIO, CTOs, Director of IT, Network Engineer, Manager of Network Infrastructure, etc
-These companies are big enough where they aren't closed but everyone is working from home and if they have made any changes, they've upgraded their bandwidth with their current provider because everyone is VPNing from home

Things have obviously changed with COVID and these companies are not meeting with an unknown vendor right now (we are a really big company, we just haven't done business with these companies yet).  Even getting people to respond to a voicemail or email is a challenge and I have a good week if I can get two or three people to reply back to me.

Management is really looking at KPI's (activity) right now because there were some people that when we were told to work from home, they heard "go home", and didn't do ANYTHING.

So while the activity still needs to be there, the message has got to change, and without sending a bunch of emails and voicemails that pisses these people off.  I've even sent messages to CIO's basically saying that "I know you've spent a bunch of time working from home and with family.  I'd like to help out by offering to have a meal delivered or you can pick it up"  and haven't had anyone take me up on it yet  

My questions for those of you that can help....
1. How has your message changed for prospecting and what kind of success have you seen
2. What kind of outside the box things have you tried
3. Is it really chili if there are no beans

Thanks for all of your help
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:39:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I do industrial B to B sales (seals, o-rings, gaskets, etc).

I've had virtually zero luck prospecting new customers during the lockdown.  

My typical approach is as a problem solver - how can I help?  Happy with your current supplier?  Great, give me a call next time they step on their dicks.

I'm glad I have customers with established relationships.  It's gonna be that much harder for my competitors to get in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top