Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2023 11:28:46 AM EDT
Jesus asked, Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner? Then he said to him, Rise and go; your faith has made you well.
Luke 17:17-19 NIV

Our sermon was about the 10 Lepers today. When we got to this part of the verse me and my wife were wondering......did the other nine get lepersy again because they didn't return? The Samaritan had "saving faith" per my preacher.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#1]
There isn’t any indication that the others relapsed, but a recognition that they didn’t come back to Jesus to praise God.  Lots of potential lessons in that.  Then, there is the idea that Jesus was also talking about spiritual healing to the one, but that’s an assumption as well.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 2:14:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Jesus asked, Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner? Then he said to him, Rise and go; your faith has made you well.
Luke 17:17-19 NIV

Our sermon was about the 10 Lepers today. When we got to this part of the verse me and my wife were wondering......did the other nine get lepersy again because they didn't return? The Samaritan had "saving faith" per my preacher.
View Quote
The ONLY thing Christ ever took life from was a single olive tree in scripture. We don't know for sure about the 9. What we know is only one recognized the PROVIDENCE of God.
In every single healing, documented in sacred scripture, these people were fully restored. The Christ, God The Creator, Holy Spirit in One amazing LOVING being doesn't appear to have ever taken a healing back. He asked one thing... sin no more.

The nine are us. So much given to us. The fact that we can post here.. given to us.  We are GRACED with so much. And yet, we condone killing infants in the name of choice, we boldly disregard Sacred Scripture for spiritualism and abandon Prayer and Sunday worship. We tell God we are above Him in so many ways.

You ever wonder how someone like Nancy Pelosi, has so much and yet is so far from what Christ calls us to be? How does she make it into her 80's with such evil.

She's wealthy and has done more harm  to millions. God is giving her every single chance... she's godless.

God doesn't care about our wealth. He doesn't care about the type of house or what car we drive.  He wants our hearts. He wants to be loved and in turn share that love with others, Bring Him to others, come back and give thanks and adore Him.
Doesn't seem like a lot to ask when you consider what His Son suffered.
I would ask that you pray to the Holy Spirit to show the truth.
I'll pray too.

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Nancy pelosi isn't godless. She sees her god in the mirror every morning.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Back in '88 we had a Midwest drought, crops suffering, wells drying up etc. We had a service every Wednesday night to pray for rain. Farmers show up in droves, even those who don't normally show up on Sunday. After week 3 we get a couple days of good soaking rain. Following Wednesday we have a service of thanksgiving. Priest: "Where is everyone?"
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Jesus performed miracles to validate who he was - the promised Messiah. Everyone Jesus healed was "made perfectly well" Mat 14:36. The mention of faith in Luke 17:19 conveys that the one leper who returned to glorify God believed Jesus was the Messiah, and was now spiritually well also.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#6]
"Many are called, but few chosen"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top