Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:36:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Lol, start in Chicago and work with the urban youth.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#2]
lol

there is only one real Equalizer

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#3]
honk honk
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hung out and danced with her in the mid 90s.

Queen Latifah/Soulsonics/Fugees, May 11, 1994
View Quote

And???

She's always struck me as someone who might be really friendly and fun, down to earth.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#5]
She gonna equalize a box of Ho-Ho's down her gullet.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:48:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lol, start in Chicago and work with the urban youth.
View Quote

You know, that would actually work.  Why do there have to be white bad guys, there are plenty of folks in the hood who need help and can't or won't go to the man.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:49:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think people shit all over it but Atomic Blonde was a pretty good spy movie I thought. Who would have thought an original story written about a female spy would make money.
View Quote

I haven't seen it and thought it looked dumb, but might check it out now.

That is the whole crux of the bitching and arguing about this, this isn't new, this is a replacement of another story and character. It's not so much the woman lead, it's the blatant "fuck you, we'll just take this popular story and put woman into it, you'll like it because, fuck you." There was obviously no racism since a black man portrayed the character and it was a blockbuster hit. They just have to go, no a black man isn't enough, black woman it is, then...no wait how about a native American trans man amputee! Its just so tiresome.

Hunger games was a woman, she could of been a black woman if it was in the books, would still be wildly popular. There's strong female roles in so many shows and movies now it's over saturation. I honestly don't care so much anymore because I don't watch this crap, who knows maybe it will pass.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:56:29 PM EDT
[#8]
wut
Queen Latifah is replacing Denzel Washington?

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#9]
If they needed a female Equalizer Rebecca Ferguson would have been a much better choice. I liked her in the MI movies. Plus she's got the British accent.

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015) - Ilsa's Knife Fight Scene (10/10) | Movieclips
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
wut

View Quote

Wait till see stars in the reboot of "Book of Eli" dicing
a box of McNuggets with her Hattori Hanzo sword.

Remember..........she was fat the whole time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:33:18 PM EDT
[#11]
that looks bad. Denzel looks horrible
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They had to fuck up an good franchise.
View Quote

Uh when was it good?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you can believe John wicks nemesis is a deaf evil elf twink then I you can totally buy into queen fatty wearing a cape and flying around kicking ass.
View Quote

Whoa, whoa, whoa, quit talking shit about my 12 year old brother Ruby Rose! Didn't you see him in The Doorman, kicked a bunch of evil mercenaries asses up and down that building. Oohrah!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Bro what the fuck? hyahahahahhahahahah
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#15]
They should have went with Gina.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:44:50 PM EDT
[#16]
At clutch moments, she attain useful items from her bottomless hat.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
wut

View Quote

Denzel was the movie Equalizer.

QL will be the TV/streaming Equalizer.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#18]
50 year old portly black women are usually pretty good at karate and stuff.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I wont see it
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:34:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I think people shit all over it but Atomic Blonde was a pretty good spy movie I thought. Who would have thought an original story written about a female spy would make money.
View Quote

I thought Atomic Blonde was decent.  It came across, at least to me, as a secret agent who just happened to be a woman rather than GRRRL POWER!

The problem is, Hollywood can’t seem to help themselves.  Or maybe it’s the writers/producers who can’t help themselves.

In the current day I think audiences, for the most sort, are perfectly willing to accept characters who are spies, secret agents, super heroes, fighter pilots that happen to be women.  

But Hollywood seems unable to do this at times without basically coming across like “Here’s a new Superhero.  AND SHE’S A GIRL! SHE’S KICKING ASS BECAUSE SHE’S A GIRL! FUCK THE PATRIARCHY! GIRL POWER!”.

The end product suffers because it’s more about fighting the patriarchy than telling a good story.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Thinking about what The Equalizer is.....

Queen Latifahahahahaha....

Hey, let's reboot The Rockford Files. Black tranny playing Jim...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#22]
OK, I'll not dance around the issue.....I'm damn tired of 15% of the population being overly represented in everything you go to watch these days. Thank goodness for Russian war movies.

I wonder how long it takes for financial ruin to overcome wokeness? I simply won't watch that shit and don't know anyone that will, at least on the outside of prison bars. I guess the one bright side is that it might keep the goblins off the street till a bit later in the evening.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:44:47 AM EDT
[#23]

I thought this was a joke when I saw the commercial on TV. I laughed at it.

Now I see it isn't a joke, and I'm not laughing. Couldn't even make it through the trailer.

I've read better dialogue in poorly translated Hatian erotica, and the idea of an obese woman as a serious action star is absurd to the point of malicious.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#24]
It's a plus sized Jane Wick
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#25]

Uh, I have been here a lot longer than you have friend.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:24:35 AM EDT
[#26]
I like her.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#27]
I liked the Denzel reboots because he can act and made them interesting to watch (first more than second).

Another reboot?

Ehhhhhh

Probably will not watch.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Guys, come on, don't get too upset. The new Shaft remake, starring Ryan Seacrest as Shaft is due to drop any day now.

It's not like this intersectional stunt casting doesn't sometimes favor us white dudes.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:53:57 AM EDT
[#29]
It wasn't horribly woke but it was pretty bad.

"Robin McCall" is a former CIA something or other, like with SAD or something, who quit because she was tired of seeing innocents get hurt.  The CIA is apparently not the bad guys and they want her back because she's "the best they've ever had."  Christopher Noth (Law & Order) was her trainer and boss, runs his own security company but still has ties to the .gov and provides her with some intel.  She also has a former hacker and a female Asian sniper as backup.

When she was 17, she was arrested for GTA and given a choice to go to jail or join the Army and ended up in Vietnam.  Here's a clip from her nightmare.  
Attachment Attached File

LOL no.  She appears to have served in Afghanistan, Morocco, and Venezuela where she was involved in combat operations in a village that saw a lot of civ casualties (I'm assuming that's the clip).

I was thinking it was badly written and acted but thinking about it, it's very similar to the Edward Woodward series, typical boiler plate action fare.  I'm pretty sure she killed people but it was all off camera and you just saw bodies on the ground.  The one hand to hand segment they had was done in a speeded up, chopped up, closeup series of shots so you never really saw her making the John Wick moves.

Oh yeah, anyone see something strange about this shot???  Apparently, we're idiots and need cue cards.
Attachment Attached File

Anyways, I won't be watching E02.  Not because it's woke but because it's just bad.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:57:44 AM EDT
[#30]
More of this? Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:58:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 7:00:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It’s awful, saw some of it
View Quote

Damn, you're up late, even for California time! LOL
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 7:01:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Damn, you're up late, even for California time! LOL
View Quote

Insomnia as usual Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:36:51 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Those are both dupes!   Where's the dupe police?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
She's like the woman version of Ice Cube in movies.
View Quote
Yup.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Doesn't look that bad considering all the other schlock on network TV. I think if they focused on more positive role models like this helping people and society instead of drug addict / violence obsessed rap stars it would be a good thing.

She's pretty funny too, I'm ok with it.
View Quote

She's got a mean look on her face so that's all it takes to be a real badass.

it looks like a fucking steaming hot pile of SJW garbage that would be best experienced on your wife's boyfriend's TV.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#37]
When all else fails, she can rap them on the knuckles.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Same bull chit as most other cop shows where 100lb gals subdue 250 lb men with a hammer lock.
 It's causing untrained women to think they are tough.
Then they get beat down and cry "men shouldn't hit women"
 A Man doesn't hit
A LADY. A lady doesn't act like a bitch.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Same bull chit as most other cop shows where 100lb gals subdue 250 lb men with a hammer lock.
 It's causing untrained women to think they are tough.
Then they get beat down and cry "men shouldn't hit women"
 A Man doesn't hit
A LADY. A lady doesn't act like a bitch.
View Quote

Except in this case it's a 250 lbs gal smacking around 250 lbs men.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Big question is which Hollywood producer was black mailed into accepting LaQueefa as the best representation of an ex-special forces black female?

They could have at least found an actress that was in decent shape to play the role.  She isn't black, but at least Michelle Rodriguez would fit the role better.  

Either way, no desire to watch a bad remake.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Hollywood and the theaters are hurting enough already. This movie will not help their situation.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#42]

And he dosent know how to hold a pistol...
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Big question is which Hollywood producer was black mailed into accepting LaQueefa as the best representation of an ex-special forces black female?

They could have at least found an actress that was in decent shape to play the role.  She isn't black, but at least Michelle Rodriguez would fit the role better.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/374309/MR_jpg-1821627.JPG
View Quote

LaQueefa & Rodriguez do have something in common...
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#45]
They should have had a man identify as a woman to play the role, peak woke.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:47:00 AM EDT
[#46]
She looks like she's had a lot of practice taking down pizza deliverymen.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:47:23 AM EDT
[#47]
We live in clown world.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
50 year old portly black women are usually pretty good at karate and stuff.
View Quote

She can sass any man into submission.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#49]
fat, 5' tall 50 yera old woman?  
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:52:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/374309/MR_jpg-1821627.JPG
View Quote

Negative on the Michelle Rodriguez also...
Seen enough of her tough gal persona in movies and it doesn't fly either...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top