Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2019 12:51:53 AM EDT
I have been wearing Danner Acadia boots with steel toe (now non-metallic safety toe) for about 16 years.  I use them for work (construction and office), hunting, and just when I want to comfortable set of boots on my feet.

Never tried the recrafting service.  Most of my pairs seem too far gone for any help.  I do have one older set that is going in for a test of that offer though.

I ordered a new set from Amazon this weekend and was happy to see they arrived a day early this afternoon.  I opened the box and noticed that there were creases in above the heal, wrinkles around the eyelets, and the tongue of the boot was rather wrinkled.  The laces were also missing the gore tex tab.  Not that I care much about it but hey that's supposed to be there.

These should be new and these boots have been worn.  Now, I am rarely picky in life, but I paid darn $389 for these and I feel okay expecting new freaking boots.  The soles are not really scuffed or worn.  It looks like someone got the set and wore them around the house for a couple of weeks and returned them.  I want to break these in on my feet.

Pics to follow.

I have already sent in for a return and will buy direct from Danner as they are the same price.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:56:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Amazon

waiting for the day they file chapter 13
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:58:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Amazon

View Quote
You've probably got a while, might as well grab a Snickers.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:01:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Why would you buy Danners on amazon?  There’s about 100 reputable places that sell them online.

And those have been worn, badly.  The tongues on them are smooth as can be when new, those have been halfway broken in and returned.  Probably return fraud actually.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:02:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:02:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Amazon

View Quote
Uhhh...
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:08:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm wondering if those were last used in amazon wardrobe.  They ship you up to 8 options for you to try and then you send back what you don't want.  You only pay for what you keep.

Of course, you aren't supposed to wear them around-only trying on.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:11:25 AM EDT
[#7]
If you read reviews of products you are interested in on Amazon, it is not uncommon to see such complaints.

My family and I have received questionable items too.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:11:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Like Sierra5 said, the tongues are smooth as can be on a new set.  I was looking forward to setting them just right so they bunch up how I want them to and looks like somebody already did that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:14:17 AM EDT
[#9]
$389?

I’ll be poor elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:14:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have been wearing Danner Acadia boots with steel toe (now non-metallic safety toe) for about 16 years.  I use them for work (construction and office), hunting, and just when I want to comfortable set of boots on my feet.

Never tried the recrafting service.  Most of my pairs seem too far gone for any help.  I do have one older set that is going in for a test of that offer though.

I ordered a new set from Amazon this weekend and was happy to see they arrived a day early this afternoon.  I opened the box and noticed that there were creases in above the heal, wrinkles around the eyelets, and the tongue of the boot was rather wrinkled.  The laces were also missing the gore tex tab.  Not that I care much about it but hey that's supposed to be there.

These should be new and these boots have been worn.  Now, I am rarely picky in life, but I paid darn $389 for these and I feel okay expecting new freaking boots.  The soles are not really scuffed or worn.  It looks like someone got the set and wore them around the house for a couple of weeks and returned them.  I want to break these in on my feet.

Pics to follow.

I have already sent in for a return and will buy direct from Danner as they are the same price.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3918/42A21325-54C5-484B-9E5B-73749E307398_jpeg-817208.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3918/648BE235-EAFB-4DE8-8D24-952581C5D7DB_jpeg-817210.JPG
View Quote

Yep, they are used send them back.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:15:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Amazon is pretty terrible about taking returns that have obviously been used and putting them back in inventory as “new.”  Shit happens. Thankfully their return process is pretty effortless (as in you don’t have to fight for it, they even been known to just tell you to keep the product and still refund your money).
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 2:35:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Amazon is pretty terrible about taking returns that have obviously been used and putting them back in inventory as “new.”  Shit happens. Thankfully their return process is pretty effortless (as in you don’t have to fight for it, they even been known to just tell you to keep the product and still refund your money).
View Quote
This and sometimes counterfeit parts are substituted.  I ran into that for a scope mount - the thief carefully cut open the packaging to swap the mount.  So I ended up using QD rings until LaRue had their mount sale.  Blessing in disguise.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 7:31:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
$389?

I’ll be poor elsewhere.
View Quote
Worth every dime
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#14]
So return the fuckers, I do see the issue.
They will send you a label to ship them.

That's what is great about Amazon, the slightest issue and they will take them back and pay shipping.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 10:52:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Worth every dime
View Quote
Sure as hell are.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 10:54:14 AM EDT
[#16]
What size? If they're 12EE return them so I can buy them from the warehouse deals section for $180.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll second the suspicion of return fraud. The average return order processing peon probably won't be able to tell the difference or care enough to look closely.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Danner takes a pair of boots off the line every so often and runs them on the dyno for a couple hours. Completely normal.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Why would you buy danner from amazon?

They’re usually the same price on their site
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:11:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Lol
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:12:13 AM EDT
[#21]
That's the "battle worn" look. It's all the rage now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Amazon keeps shipping used returns and counterfeits until they find people who will keep them. They mix items from 3rd party sellers in crates so you never know where stuff comes from.

I went from a very frequent Amazon shopper to one who uses them *only* as an absolute last resort.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:13:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Amazon

View Quote
Not sure if serious.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Last thing I bought from Amazon was used and broken. I said enough is enough and stopped buying from them. Going on 3 years now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#25]
It's becoming more common over time for used items to be shipped out from Amazon (and other retailers) when a new item was ordered. I've experienced this a lot more myself, over the last few years.

As mentioned, used items are sometimes shipped back and sent out as new. Retailers seem to be getting worse about checking for this, before sending an item out. Hell, I've had quite a number of items shipped in used boxes, that were beat to absolute shit from Amazon over the last year or so. To the point where they were literally scraps, that were tapped together in some cases. I know they're busy, but that's a bit much. One of them was literally made from tape on one side. If it was once or twice, it could be discounted as the carrier doing this, due to shipping damage, but it's happening far too regularly, over many carriers. Boxes were very obviously shipped out used.

Also as mentioned, Amazon has a program now (Amazon Wardrobe) where you're shipped multiples of a clothing item to try out, and you only pay for the ones you keep. All of those (now used) items that were tried out have to go somewhere. They shouldn't be sent out as new after that point, but we know how that goes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:20:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What size? If they're 12EE return them so I can buy them from the warehouse deals section for $180.
View Quote
Are your feet square?
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Worth every dime
View Quote
Stay away from their military 'value' line.

Lasted just over a year of light use and the stitching on the upper has vanished.  Thought I was getting a great boot at a great price, ~$140.  Not so much, which is why the warranty is less than on their other boots.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#28]
What do the insoles look like OP?
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#29]
since we are talking amazon bs, i had a weird one after Christmas, we bought the kid one of those fire boxes... well mom ordered the small one... we wanted to trade up to the size he wanted.....

where it got weird is I am used too a no hassle return with them sending a shipping label to print and we send it back easy peasy....On this deal we had to ask twice for a return,  it took two weeks for the seller to Authorize a return and we paid shipping , the fuck?

so apparently more and more slimy sellers are getting in the system.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
$389?

I’ll be poor elsewhere.
View Quote
My Danners lasted 12 years until I lost them. I had paid $18 for them new during a LA Police Gear sale.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Recrafting service?

Speak more of this.  My Danners are due to be re-soled, but the places around here are just ok.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 3:21:47 PM EDT
[#32]
I am glad my best friend is a Danner dealer.  LULZ
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Recrafting service?

Speak more of this.  My Danners are due to be re-soled, but the places around here are just ok.
View Quote
They do an awesome job.  Seen boots that look like they should be thrown away come back and look just slightly broken in.  Google Images will shows some good examples.  Buddy had his done and I am sending mine in the spring.  @9mmmac

Danner RECRAFT

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top