BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:56:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

People have always been like that. In every country , in every culture...  as long as humans have lived in societies. Talk shit about a man's sister or mother and you can expect him to slug the fuck out of you.  In some cultures if you do nothing to defend the honor of the women in your family you'd be labeled a coward. Stripped of the right to own land or vote.

Why on Earth would you think this is a new phenomenon, unique to our society ?
View Quote

What kind of nonsense is this?

He didn’t defend "the honor of the women in your (his) family" when the insult was made.  He chose to be a coward when the other man’s hand was out in honor of the sport.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:01:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I…didn’t anticipate that.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:05:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:08:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sometimes, you need to throw the first punch.

Certain behavior deserves it.

Is anyone really suggesting this isn’t true?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And the world is also filled with people who mouthed off and got punched in the face.

It's puzzling that more members here don't take this stance. Self-respect seems to be out the window.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:11:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He didn’t defend "the honor of the women in your (his) family" when the insult was made.  He chose to be a coward when the other man’s hand was out in honor of the sport.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People have always been like that. In every country , in every culture...  as long as humans have lived in societies. Talk shit about a man's sister or mother and you can expect him to slug the fuck out of you.  In some cultures if you do nothing to defend the honor of the women in your family you'd be labeled a coward. Stripped of the right to own land or vote.

Little fuckstains that talk shit often pick the right time and place where a reasonable person can't take care of it properly. It's not hard to imagine him doing it throughout the game.

"Honor of the sport" lulz
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:12:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:21:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

If your serious about winning a fight against a taller opponent w/ more reach advantage ,  you do what he did.    Tall kjd wasn't expecting an ambush, probably thought  " he won't start it here  ".     Puncher will now pay the price.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:33:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I blame the anonymity of the Internet.

People have forgotten the way.

I teach my boys…

Don’t talk shit that will result in you getting punched in the face.

Defend your honor.

Recognize when there will PROBABLY be a fight.  Decide then whether to leave or start it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

And the world is also filled with people who mouthed off and got punched in the face.

It's puzzling that more members here don't take this stance. Self-respect seems to be out the window.

I teach my boys…

Defend your honor.

Recognize when there will PROBABLY be a fight.  Decide then whether to leave or start it.

My son was suspended for four days last year for doing the needful.
A transient kid moved into the district and brought chaos with them.
The principal even said my boy did the right thing but, still had to suspend him.
The other kid changed school sthe next week, again.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:50:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

IF someone just insulted your mom and your sister, that handshake really loses its “honor of the sport” power.  Unless it’s an apology, it’s just more of an insult.
View Quote

I agree. If it is true, the kid that insulted his sister will likely use the handshake as an opportunity to smirk/gloat having gotten away with it or to dishonor his sister further.

Edit: kind of telling the other poster will bleat over the “honor” of some stupid sport and dismiss the honor of one’s own family.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 3:02:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 3:40:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Kids got some aggression, if you’re letting you’re emotions run wild like like that over trash talking. I’ve heard worse things said after downs on the grid iron and no one’s all out sucker punching someone else after the game. Granted (if what the punches said is true, sorta a low level of intelligence and he’s bound to find a good dentist later in life.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 3:55:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Little fuckstains that talk shit often pick the right time and place where a reasonable person can't take care of it properly. It's not hard to imagine him doing it throughout the game.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It takes a special kind of stupid shitbag to throw a punch over a few insults.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 4:06:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Kids got hands if nothing else.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 4:13:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

It takes a craven gutless cucked worm to tuck his manhood between his legs after someone verbally fucks with a disabled sister.

Edit: founding fathers shot each other over far, far less. Shitbags.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 4:14:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 4:32:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This happened near me.

https://twitter.com/Trackhound11/status/1466082122096066563?s=20

Evidently (*ETA this is as yet unconfirmed*) punchee was talking shit about puncher's mom and sister (who has downs syndrome) during the game.  Got knocked the fuck out for it.

Obviously puncher is going to pay a heavy price, already charged with a felony at 17yo.  But I can't shake the feeling that this is the natural outcome when a society enshrines the false belief that "words are violence".  

lots to discuss here, not sure where to start.  But it's better than the soap opera shit or covid threads, so.
View Quote

Whats the felony?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:24:37 AM EDT
[#17]
There is no need for either side to do what they did.

In a kumbya world this would never happen.

But tall boy fucked around and found out.

Nobody is going to fuck with that young man in high school.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:31:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever played sports or experienced trash talk?  Some of you are acting as if he raped the guys sister.  

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:55:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:39:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yeah, that is a no from me.  

It is incredibly rare for someone to sucker punch someone in a handshake line after a basketball game for trash talking.  

View Quote

Beats the kid saying nothing and bringing a Glock to school
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sucker punching coward.
View Quote

He’s a kid, relax

Should he of offered a duel?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:45:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I get the online inclination to declare "good punch" and "talk shit about my special needs *insert whoever* and I'll deck you too" but really from a parenting perspective, young men REALLY need to be taught better about discretion and controlling their emotions.  This kid altered the trajectory of his life downward, over what?  Taunts.  Because he chose the WORST possible time and place to react.  Because he couldn't muster the self control.
View Quote

That used to be the way to get people to stop being assholes. Say something offensive, get punched in the mouth, you learn you shouldn't have done that.

Now, it's punch an asshole, go to prison.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#23]
That was no sucker punch. He faced him head on and the guy saw it coming. I dont imagine he will be playing basketball anymore but some things are more important than fooosball.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:48:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What reasons can you think of for throwing the first punch?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are trying to rationalize the actions of an irrational person.

ETA or an irrational act.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:03:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Kids got hands if nothing else.
View Quote
yep, i was surprised by the quality of the body shot
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

to look at it a different way - the taunting kid that got punched gets the last laugh.  He won.  Puncher is getting charged with a felony, while punchee is getting a few stitches.  Which one is going to have a longer lasting effect do you think?

And again, the content of the taunts are as yet unconfirmed
View Quote

Felony? Charged? Sure. Convicted? Highly doubtful. It’ll be plead down. Some type of agg. harassment, misdemeanor assault charge. No books thrown at the kid. Youthful offender…contrite…nose kept clean til 18 etc……sealed record later on.

But an ass whipping on social media is forever.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:30:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:37:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No.   There ARE valid reasons for throwing a first punch, but our current "culture" frowns upon those reasons.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are trying to rationalize the actions of an irrational person.

ETA or an irrational act.

No.   There ARE valid reasons for throwing a first punch, but our current "culture" frowns upon those reasons.

Of course there are, they are usually when a fight is inevitable so it is best to land the first punch. That is not the case here.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That short white boy will NEVER be able to play college basketball after this incident!
View Quote

He almost looks Asian on my phone, perhaps he has a future MMA career.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
@OP-  how close to home was this.  I live 20-30 minutes South
View Quote

@CTAC I'm a little closer than you, about 10mins.

After talking to some friends in Nevada and other towns in the same conference, apparently punchee is WELL known for being a cocky shit talking asshole.  Literally NOBODY who had kids that played against him was surprised by it, lol.  (ETA: I mean, not surprised this was the kid that got punched, because of his shit talking)

So, no doubt he was mouthing off.  Content of the taunts is still yet unconfirmed.  Punchee also lost a couple teeth in the process.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That short white boy will NEVER be able to play college basketball after this incident!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

After talking to some friends in Nevada and other towns in the same conference, apparently punchee is WELL known for being a cocky shit talking asshole.  Literally NOBODY who had kids that played against him was surprised by it, lol.  (ETA: I mean, not surprised this was the kid that got punched, because of his shit talking)

So, no doubt he was mouthing off.  Content of the taunts is still yet unconfirmed.  Punchee also lost a couple teeth in the process.
View Quote

When your parents and coaches don't keep you in check, eventually somebody else will.  

Wouldn't be surprised if both of them have a history going back to elementary school if the teams have been playing each other in local tournaments.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:44:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
White Men Can't Jump
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Hey Ryan, this is Mike Tyson.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah. I'm sure words are more your thing. Deeds are scary.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@OP-  how close to home was this.  I live 20-30 minutes South

He might well have learned something.

Everyone needs an asskicking once in a while. It helps reset the perspective and keep a man humble.

I don't even think the shittalking kid is irredeemable.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sucker punching coward.
View Quote
LOL  that little dude was half the size of that other kid. He was smart to pick the time when he had the advantage.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The punchee was talking trash in the handshake line. You can clearly see him talking in the video. JFC, is it really that hard for you to see?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cincy is wise.

Some people really need an ass beating. If 25% of people who had a beating coming actually got one, the world would be a far better (and more polite) place.

I barely remember fights I’ve been in that I won, but I remember with amazing clarity the times I’ve taken a beating, including whether I probably deserved it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Words are violence now, right?

View Quote
Silence too these days (Or so I'm told by the "smart" people on TV)
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:58:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Good game, good game, good game.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
LOL  that little dude was half the size of that other kid. He was smart to pick the time when he had the advantage.
View Quote
Smart would have been a hard elbow to the jaw during the game.  He draws a foul, maybe gets tossed out of the game, and is at home watching youtube vids that night.  

Dumb is doing it in a handshake line with cameras rolling in a pre planned attack.  That got him charged with a felony, most definitely booted from the team, and likely expelled.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That kid is screwed, and rightfully so.
View Quote

Shoulda robbed a jewelry store in California
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#45]
I was a hot head at that age too.

Now there is nothing you could say to me to get me to react like that.

Words alone are not enough to get me to act anymore. It isn’t worth it
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:33:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This happened near me.

https://twitter.com/Trackhound11/status/1466082122096066563?s=20

Evidently punchee was talking shit about puncher's mom and sister (who has downs syndrome) during the game.  
But I can't shake the feeling that this is the natural outcome when a society enshrines the false belief that "words are violence.

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It is incredibly rare for someone to sucker punch someone in a handshake line after a basketball game for trash talking.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is rare. It wasn't right. However, it is not uncommon for someone to kick another guys ass over talking shit about their mom and mentally handicapped sister.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I would go with a good beatdown (if the comments about sister and mother are true) except the sucker punch instead of a handshake is beyond the pale.
Now it they got into it on the court, that's fine.
View Quote
Same feelings.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:52:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You don't sucker punch the offender. You challenge the offender. Huge difference.
View Quote
I could be wrong but I think the puncher looked much smaller than the punchee. This reminds me of one of my grandfathers sayings. He'd only do that to me once. I doubt that the kid who was punched will trash talk about retarded kids anymore.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:56:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I teach my boys…

Defend your honor.

View Quote

This is the way.

If you need to fight, there are no rules, no pleasantries, no honor.  Dueling etiquette died nearly 200 years ago.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top