Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2019 4:43:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:30:26 PM EDT
[#1]
It has a lot ot offer.  I use the add modifier a lot.  To make a part of an infill 100% or to only add or suppress support to an area.

PrusaSlicer 2.1 Release! Undo/redo, perspective camera and more!
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll give it a try next print. I have just the one in mind, I am getting a line on a perfectly level layer even with retraction and Z-hop enabled.

I am using Cura and only now getting in to the deeper settings, like printing the first layer at 50% speed.

Either way, it's really impressive how well these slicers determine infill and supports.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#4]
It's always interesting how different slicers approach problems.

Slice a smaller (<1.5" diameter) cylinder in Cura and the same in PE, and compare the print quality. I'd probably switch to PE if it were easier to use with my printer, but I have to hack the gcode files to make it work.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll give it a try next print. I have just the one in mind, I am getting a line on a perfectly level layer even with retraction and Z-hop enabled.

I am using Cura and only now getting in to the deeper settings, like printing the first layer at 50% speed.

Either way, it's really impressive how well these slicers determine infill and supports.
View Quote
I’m having the same problem.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is an example right off the bed. I wonder if I have to calibrate my extruder or do some kind of retraction settings? Can't tell if it's the nozzle dragging, it is a raised line on the flat plane in the transitions to the other build areas.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:36:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here is an example right off the bed. I wonder if I have to calibrate my extruder or do some kind of retraction settings? Can't tell if it's the nozzle dragging, it is a raised line on the flat plane in the transitions to the other build areas.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/238402/HanSolo_jpg-1141931.JPG
View Quote
I fixed it. In Cura printer settings select "Z Hop When Retracted" only, then search for Combing, and you can turn it off so it will Z hop every time, or Z hope on the top layers and whatnot. If you turn it off, the printing time almost doubles.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I fixed it. In Cura printer settings select "Z Hop When Retracted" only, then search for Combing, and you can turn it off so it will Z hop every time, or Z hope on the top layers and whatnot. If you turn it off, the printing time almost doubles.
View Quote
@combat_camera

Yes! Thanks for that. I am just getting in to the fine tuning of the settings in Cura.  I'll see about enabling Z-hop on the top layers only, I did some prints with it on and it significantly increased print time.

I am also trying some settings to print the first couple layers slower for better adhesion. (Got a new Creality glass bed coming in as well, my adhesion and bed level has always been iffy on the stock bed.)

I'll run a couple calibration tests on both slicers to check out the difference.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@combat_camera

Yes! Thanks for that. I am just getting in to the fine tuning of the settings in Cura.  I'll see about enabling Z-hop on the top layers only, I did some prints with it on and it significantly increased print time.

I am also trying some settings to print the first couple layers slower for better adhesion. (Got a new Creality glass bed coming in as well, my adhesion and bed level has always been iffy on the stock bed.)

I'll run a couple calibration tests on both slicers to check out the difference.
View Quote
@testify4

Awesome sauce!

For the first layer, I'm still playing with the settings (offset is one of them). I have the glass, but the sensor I'm using is a pretty crappy one, and it won't detect the bed with the glass on it. I have the bed temperature set at 55F and the extruder at 190F for PLA, and so far I had good luck using painters tape.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#11]
how do I get some good settings for an Ender 3?  or can I for the PrusaSlicer?
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
how do I get some good settings for an Ender 3?  or can I for the PrusaSlicer?
View Quote
@Iguana775

A starting point
https://www.chepclub.com/prusaslicer-profiles.html
see the CHEP video:
PrusaSlicer 2.1 with Creality Ender 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top