Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2019 10:21:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter]
Well, My first 2 atomizers were a Zeus X and a Dead Drop.  No real complaints, but then got a Profile Unity RTA and RDA.  The RDA is my favorite atomizer.  Only one little issue, I suck it dry to quickly.  I really want to like the RTA, but it is simply frustrating me.

To start with, it leaked like crazy.  I rewicked and that solved a lot of my issues, but it still tended to flood when I rejoiced.  I have seen a fix for that - but it still is a bit wet (which causes it to spit a bit), but moreover it is a fairly hard drag.  Is the problem still with my wicking, or is it a much harder drag.

Anyway.  I am pretty spoiled now - the profile dra is much smoother and better flavor than the Zeus, wish I could get the Unity RTA to work like a tanked version of it.
—-
Till then I will keep sucking on it and hope it gets better.  Perhaps it will, or at least I will convince myself that it has.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I went the squank box route. RTA with a tank that you just squeeze to juice up the cotton.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 11:16:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably the better option.  I am currently likening my Paranormal DNA Mod.  Guess I could see if I can find a DNA squak
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mousehunter:
Probably the better option.  I am currently likening my Paranormal DNA Mod.  Guess I could see if I can find a DNA squak
View Quote
I wanted a good DNA squonker something like this

"Boxer Mod Classic DNA250C BF Squonk Dual 20700"

https://gingervaper.com/product/boxer-mod-classic-dna250c-bf-squonk-dual-20700-with-evolv-dna250c-temperature-control/

But I did not want to spend the money on it so I got this one instead (a clone)

"SXK Boxer Style 200W"

https://www.3fvape.com/home/39540-sxk-box-style-200w-vv-vw-variable-wattage-squonk-box-mod-black-5200w-2-x-18650-20700-7ml.html?search_query=SXK+Box+Style+200W&results=48
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 5:06:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter] [#4]
Punted yesterday. Saw the Drone DNA250C is being closed out so put one on order. Also put a Aegis Squonk on order. Figured out profile mode on my Aegis Legend today so the DNA is probably overkill. Getting some great puffs on profile mode

Only ordered the Geek Vape decide because it can convert to a portable single battery normal mod.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 3:24:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, kind of so far liking the Zeus sub ohm.  I had to pour out the first juice I filled it with (trying a new flavor of Naked 100 at a nic level I was already using) - don’t know what the fuck was off with it, but it had a throat hit from hell for such a low nic.  Now with a non-throat hit liquid (3mg salt nic, max VG) I am starting to get a feel for it.  Nice airflow, no spit so far, using 50% more watts than I do with the profile RDA, and I think it is using a ton of juice. Slightly less cloud - but am definitely getting the full nic.  I am enjoying it on my paranormal, not sure if it will be worth the effort on a single battery mod

The Drone and Aegis squonk are yet to be unboxed.  Battery order is still in route.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, kind of so far liking the Zeus sub ohm.  I had to pour out the first juice I filled it with (trying a new flavor of Naked 100 at a nic level I was already using) - don’t know what the fuck was off with it, but it had a throat hit from hell for such a low nic.  Now with a non-throat hit liquid (3mg salt nic, max VG) I am starting to get a feel for it.  Nice airflow, no spit so far, using 50% more watts than I do with the profile RDA, and I think it is using a ton of juice. Slightly less cloud - but am definitely getting the full nic.  I am enjoying it on my paranormal, not sure if it will be worth the effort on a single battery mod

The Drone and Aegis squonk are yet to be unboxed.  Battery order is still in route.
View Quote
You should not do nic salts sub ohm just regular nic in those ....
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 7:45:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter] [#7]
3mg nic salts by One Hit Wonder. 3mg salt nic has almost no throat hit.  Any reason other than nic strength you should not sub ohm nic salt.  This is not the 30mg or 50mg stuff.  If it is harder on the coil for instance.  I currently have some 6mg normal juice in the drone.  The 6mg will catch-up with me if I start to play with the mod and accidentally chain vape
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#8]
3mg nic salts by One Hit Wonder. 3mg salt nic has almost no throat hit.  Any reason other than nic strength you should not sub ohm nic salt.  This is not the 30mg or 50mg stuff.  If it is harder on the coil for instance.  I currently have some 6mg normal juice in the drone.  The 6mg will catch-up with me if I start to play with the mod and accidentally chain vape
View Quote
I miss read that at 30 not 3 sorry.

should be fine.
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 4:29:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter] [#9]
It gets easily confusing  - especially when some salt nic is advertised as 3% which is 30mg.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 1:24:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter] [#10]
Just an update.  Went through a few phases.  Squonked for a while.  Decided to go old school and used a Kennedy for a couple months.  Decided to make a liquid fort out of an Apache case, and solved my Profile Unity RTA problem - put it in the bottle magazine and snapped the lid shut - out of sight, out of mind.  Oh and my beloved Paranormal DNA mod fell off the floor and stopped working...Fuck.

Well last week I pulled out the squonks again and started playing with them.  Today I though, I can not let this damn RTA just beat me - so I watched 45 minutes of videos on how to wick it.  Then another almost hour on how to take it apart (threads that I forgot about were apparently gummed up).

Screwed up the coil, so recoiled carefully with Next Mesh, Wicked it with 1/2 of a piece of cotton bacon - spread out, cut in thirds and stacked (as opposed to a Scottish role.  Cut it to the edge of the RTA (strait), carefully and slowly put about 2/3 into the pick up tubes and left the rest out to block the holes.  Wetted the wick, put it back together, with the vents open, added some juice (Naked green lemond 75%PG), then put the cap back on.  OMG.

I forgot so much of what I liked about these.  This was why I went down to 3mg nic.  This is why I loved Naked Green Lemon - oh the flavor is intense again.  And somehow no leaks...  Not sure what of all the above did it.  It was flooding a little at first, but the next mesh allowed me to move the watts up a bit and that even went away.  I do miss my DNA a little, but I learned a lot of variable wattage on the Aegis Legend since then and it is doing a pretty damn good time anyway.

Oh, did not mention it, but the 75%pg might have changed things a bit too - when I was using this before I think I was using Army Man (a 3mg salt nic, 100%vg).  I might have had issues with dry hits due when I upped the watts to stop the flooding.

Lots of variable and no doubt I will accedentally change something and screw it up again, but for now - vaping happily.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 9:03:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BURN] [#11]
My two favorite EDC squonk mods

are the

DOVPO Topside Dual

and the

Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2

Both topped with a

Wotofo Profile 1.5 RDA
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I now have 2 squonks in addition to my Ageis, Kennedy, and now dead Paranormal DNA.  Got the Profile Unity RTA going, so am using it.  Love the Kennedy, but mesh is a lot more energy efficient.  

Put the mesh on the Kennedy - yeh, not so good of idea.  Ohms law and such.  But what a fucking cloud.  Way over watted the mesh doing that.  Realized the mistake before I destroyed anything.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 11:34:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BURN] [#13]
I now have 2 squonks in addition to my Ageis, Kennedy, and now dead Paranormal DNA.  Got the Profile Unity RTA going, so am using it.  Love the Kennedy, but mesh is a lot more energy efficient.  

Put the mesh on the Kennedy - yeh, not so good of idea.  Ohms law and such.  But what a fucking cloud.  Way over watted the mesh doing that.  Realized the mistake before I destroyed anything.
View Quote

I own 15 squonk mods or so now....and more than 25 squonkable rda's

Going to order this kit and build it...           http://analogboxmods.ca/DNA75-Squonk-Kit?search=squonk

IT will be the third kit build I have done

Here is the thread on the second one...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Built-me-a-PWM-box-mod-it-s-for-vaping-/5-2341673/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top