Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/6/2021 11:50:26 PM EDT
LANSING, Mich. (WLNS) – Look for the pro-gun control lobby to introduce new legislation this week aimed at reducing gun violence in schools.  This comes, of course, in the wake of the four student deaths at Oxford High School last week.

The Senate GOP leader Mike Shirkey reportedly told Senator Rosemary Bayer (D-Oakland County) before COVID-19 struck that he would allow a committee hearing on gun control legislation.

If indeed there was such a pledge, it would be a break through for the gun control lobby.

A committee hearing doesn’t guarantee the votes will be there, but at least there is a chance to bring public pressure to bare on some Republicans to vote yes.

“I don’t think we’re going to do it on our own, to put forth a compromise, without public pressure from the outside helping them to understand – not me telling them – that the people really want to do this,” said Bayer.

Sen. Bayer has a host of new proposals coming up, but placing metal detectors in schools is not on her agenda.

“We need less guns in high schools, not metal detectors that turn schools into prisons and military zones,” said Bayer.

What she does favor is forcing firearms buyers to sign a document promising to keep their weapons away from young children and she wants to limit magazines to 10 bullets.

“There is proven evidence in other states, it reduces accidents, it reduces intentional violence by guns and it reduces suicides,” she said.

But the Democratic senator knows that Republican Shirkey does not want his caucus to vote yes on these gun control measures.

Yet, the senator believes she has some GOP tacit support. More than five GOP senators have thrown their tentative support behind her proposal, Bayer claims.

https://www.wlns.com/news/michigan/skubick-pro-gun-control-lobby-to-introduce-legislation-in-mi-senate/
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:21:32 AM EDT
[#1]
They can submit any bill they want to, that doesn't mean it's going to be a law.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:35:31 AM EDT
[#2]
10 round magazines reduce suicides?

How is that even possible?  If I shot myself 9 times and am still kicking it was just not meant to happen.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:37:55 AM EDT
[#3]
she wants to limit magazines to 10 bullets.

“There is proven evidence in other states, it reduces accidents, it reduces intentional violence by guns and it reduces suicides,” she said.
View Quote

Does she have any fucking clue how suicides work? Or how anything works?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:39:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How is that even possible?  If I shot myself 9 times and am still kicking it was just not meant to happen.
View Quote

It doesn't have to make sense.  It's the left.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:59:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Honestly? At this point, any mag restrictions introduced - anywhere - used to lose me off but now simply baffle me as they smack of so 2 years ago. Gun and ammo sales have been the roof since peak the-thing-that-had-its-own-forum and riots/chaos over the last year that is seems anyone who still pushes for restrictions are few in number.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:17:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you had info on the Clintons it is entirely possiable to shoot yourself more than 10 times in the back of your head...
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:17:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Not one of the reasons she mentioned would have been positively effected by the 10 round limit. Genius.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:21:31 AM EDT
[#8]
11 Rounds are just too many!!!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:25:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, she knows what she can probably get away with now that people are fearful.

And "proven evidence" isn't a real thing, it's politician word salad.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:28:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
LANSING, Mich. (WLNS) – Look for the pro-gun control lobby to introduce new legislation this week aimed at reducing gun violence in schools.  This comes, of course, in the wake of the four student deaths at Oxford High School last week.

The Senate GOP leader Mike Shirkey reportedly told Senator Rosemary Bayer (D-Oakland County) before COVID-19 struck that he would allow a committee hearing on gun control legislation.

If indeed there was such a pledge, it would be a break through for the gun control lobby.

A committee hearing doesn’t guarantee the votes will be there, but at least there is a chance to bring public pressure to bare on some Republicans to vote yes.

“I don’t think we’re going to do it on our own, to put forth a compromise, without public pressure from the outside helping them to understand – not me telling them – that the people really want to do this,” said Bayer.

Sen. Bayer has a host of new proposals coming up, but placing metal detectors in schools is not on her agenda.

“We need less guns in high schools, not metal detectors that turn schools into prisons and military zones,” said Bayer.

What she does favor is forcing firearms buyers to sign a document promising to keep their weapons away from young children and she wants to limit magazines to 10 bullets.

But the Democratic senator knows that Republican Shirkey does not want his caucus to vote yes on these gun control measures.

Yet, the senator believes she has some GOP tacit support. More than five GOP senators have thrown their tentative support behind her proposal, Bayer claims.

https://www.wlns.com/news/michigan/skubick-pro-gun-control-lobby-to-introduce-legislation-in-mi-senate/
View Quote

Oh no....it's retarded.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:29:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I certainly hope it’s all BS, but Michigan is rife with RINOs.

See Uptons re-election record for proof.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:32:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

What do all those people know about the Clintons for them to shoot themselves more than 10 times in the head in their "Suicides" ...  

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:32:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Could have people sign a paper that they wouldn't shoot someone more than 10 times.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:33:15 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

10-round mag limits reduce suicide? How many bullets does a suicide take?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 6:47:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They can submit any bill they want to, that doesn't mean it's going to be a law.
View Quote

or that anybody will comply
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 7:10:07 AM EDT
[#16]
My state is going to shit.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 7:12:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pesky facts
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 7:15:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 7:20:13 AM EDT
[#19]
I want her to name the 5 Republicans who support this.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 7:56:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I want her to name the 5 Republicans who support this.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 7:57:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

If a normal American lied to their boss like that, they would probably be fired.  And yet the MSM won't question her lie, and she will keep her job where she can keep lying.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 8:14:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Could work In Arkansas
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

It doesn't have to make sense.  It's the left.
View Quote

Oh, it makes sense and is akin to the following...

...it never was
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 8:22:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Shirkey is a f'ing asshole RINO, he is NOT to be trusted.

That asshole wanted to put election signs in my yard, he was told to F off.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 8:31:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Is there a skin color exception to this proposed law? I half expect them to do something like that.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 8:44:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Seems like just making it illegal to randomly shoot people would be easier.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 8:49:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Shirkey and Upton need to be primaried yesterday  
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:14:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Could work In Arkansas
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could work In Arkansas

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Why 10 ? I'm in NJ ours was 15, they went to 10.  I asked the same question then, this is fucking ridiculous .
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Okay, so where's a reporter to ask her what the "proven evidence" is?  No one ever calls these people on their nonsense.  It's like when they lie about something they said, someone should be right there with a video clip of their original words.  

How about you make it easier to get help for troubled children, including isolation if necessary,  before they turn to violence and seek weapons to harm others?  A three day stay at a cushy psychiatric facility doesn't fix a broken psyche.  The mental health crisis is real, and it's not getting better.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#32]
They are going to use this for next year. "See? They want to limit your magazines to 10 rounds!! You better vote R, or you're fucked!!"
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Fuck these cunts.
All of them.
Fuck the Mitten.
#SecedeUP
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretend I'm from Missouri and show me.

How the fuck limiting magazines to 10 rounds prevents accidents and suicides???
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#35]
The bitch even looks retarded.

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:03:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

“There is proven evidence in other states, it reduces accidents, it reduces intentional violence by guns and it reduces suicides,” she said."

"it reduces accidents," that is what you call a flat lie. One can buy that 1 round is and accident two no way, 10 impossible. Yep, he shot the guy 10 times in the back by accident.

"it reduces intentional violence by guns and it reduces suicides," show us the evidence, talk is cheap and when it comes from a leftist it is worthless.

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Shirkey and Upton need to be primaried yesterday  
View Quote
We tried in the last election to primary Shirkey.

Shirkey distributes state money in his district to buy votes and it's always difficult to beat an incumbent.

In the meantime Matt Maddock is in the house and wants to be majority leader next year.  He's solid on our side and deserves our support.
We want him to be house leader because the leader sets the agenda.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:29:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
LANSING, Mich. (WLNS)  Look for the pro-gun control lobby to introduce new legislation this week aimed at reducing gun violence in schools.  This comes, of course, in the wake of the four student deaths at Oxford High School last week.

A committee hearing doesn't guarantee the votes will be there, but at least there is a chance to bring public pressure to bare on some Republicans to vote yes.

"I don't think we're going to do it on our own, to put forth a compromise, without public pressure from the outside helping them to understand  not me telling them  that the people really want to do this," said Bayer.

"We need less guns in high schools, not metal detectors that turn schools into prisons and military zones," said Bayer.

"There is proven evidence in other states, it reduces accidents, it reduces intentional violence by guns and it reduces suicides," she said.

View Quote

They should not be referred to as pro gun control.  They're not pro anything. They're anti gun right.

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:34:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Everything is about signaling with these people. It’s all about punishing those they don’t like, and avoiding implications that make them uncomfortable, like that the world is dangerous, and practical measures like metal detectors work better than feel good shit about banning magazines.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#41]
If you live in Michigan, or even if you don’t, time to contact your state representatives.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:46:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Cho used 10 rd magazines
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Gun control is Jim Crow.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I certainly hope it’s all BS, but Michigan is rife with RINOs.

See Uptons re-election record for proof.
View Quote

I'm beginning to think we should have a QRF to drive to the home of anyone who says "RINO" and smack them with a paddle that has "I will stop expecting Republicans to act like something they're not" written on it.

I read the RNC's platform, looking for their stance on gun rights as a political party.   It isn't there, because they don't have one.  Stop expecting them to.

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If you had info on the Clintons it is entirely possiable to shoot yourself more than 10 times in the back of your head...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With a pump shotgun.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:29:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Mag bans and all the other restrictions always touted after a high profile event are simply political tools to fool the sheeple that they are "doing something".  But we all know none of it matters to the insane and criminally minded, but they'll never admit it.  Feelings outweigh facts every time.
Having recently moved from CT and experiencing first hand the wish list of gun control rapidly enacted capitalizing on the emotional horror following Sandy Hook, the end result was 2 years later Hartford became the ""Murder capitol of New England "  But they did something,  for the children.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Just add the GOP members who go along with it or allow the committee hearings on to the list of assholes who need to be primaried out.

Gonna be a long list next year.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:35:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
she wants to limit magazines to 10 bullets.

After the 2015 San Bernardino shooting, the councilwoman publicly stated, if there was a 10 round magazine law 4 people would be alive (14 killed in San Bern).

They have no clue how anything works.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#49]

“We need less guns in high schools, not metal detectors that turn schools into prisons and military zonesstop guns from entering high schools,” said Bayer.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
My state is going went to shit a long time ago.
View Quote

Fixed it for you.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top