Site Notices
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#1]
There are some cool jobs out there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:25:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't another company just pick up a bunch of f-18s from Australia?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:35:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I swear I saw a flight of four F16s with that color scheme take of from Joint Base Charleston Tuesday afternoon.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Reading the comments section on that article gave me cancer.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I swear I saw a flight of four F16s with that color scheme take of from Joint Base Charleston Tuesday afternoon.
View Quote

It was probably just Doug Masters and Chappie headed out to the range.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Here's a very comprehensive link that includes You're pretty detailed list on the kfirs, hunters, mirage f1and cheetahs, f-18 required from Australia and the f-16s.

https://skiesmag.com/news/top-aces-bold-move-f-16-contract-red-air/
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Active Duty aggressor squadrons fly similar paint schemes
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those were grey jets. SW in fact.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wonder if any of the jets used in Iron Eagle were part of this deal?  (Israeli F-16s were used in the filming)
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wonder if any of the jets used in Iron Eagle were part of this deal?  (Israeli F-16s were used in the filming)
View Quote

They were still GD jets and Israel had not taken delivery.  IIRC

The USAF wanted nothing to do with that shit show.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup, standard AF stick up their asses wanted nothing to do with it.  Meanwhile the producers of Top Gun go to the Navy and everyone prospers.  The AF is fuckin ridiculous with their anti-hollywood stance.  We all know the Viper is a far superior fighter to the Tomcat...would have made a much better movie
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yup, standard AF stick up their asses wanted nothing to do with it.  Meanwhile the producers of Top Gun go to the Navy and everyone prospers.  The AF is fuckin ridiculous with their anti-hollywood stance.  We all know the Viper is a far superior fighter to the Tomcat...would have made a much better movie
View Quote

The script was total shit.

The USAF has loved some stuff out of Hollywood.

Stargate even had cameos by General Jumper when he was still active duty and the 20FW provided uniform props and for a pilot who was in an episode after SAF PA approved it.

Iron Eagle was total junk.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:04:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Iron Eagle was total junk.
View Quote

You bite your tongue!  Doug Masters is the reason I became a viper driver You think Iron Eagle 1 was bad...have you seen 4?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:52:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You bite your tongue!  Doug Masters is the reason I became a viper driver You think Iron Eagle 1 was bad...have you seen 4?
View Quote

Look at my avatar.

I could barely make it through the first one.  

I was turning wrenches before Doug stole his first Viper.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 1:01:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was all good and well until the franchise started shitting on warbirds in Iron Eagle III and went right on into IV.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not saying you are "wrong" since you seem to know Vipers well, but this is on imdb:
All of the fighter aircraft used (F-16 fighters; plus, F-21/C-2 Kfir fighters depicting enemy MiGs) were Israeli Air Force aircraft, repainted with the U.S. Air Force symbol and a fictitious enemy symbol.

Some of the ordinance carried on the F-16s in some scenes was "live" (i.e., real weapons rather than props). At one point during filming the Israeli Air Force (IAF) was called upon to carry out a strike against terrorist targets in Lebanon; a ground controller, seeing a pair of IAF F-16s already in the air with the required load-out, vectored them toward the target. They were halfway to the target when someone realized the aircraft that had been ordered to attack were attached to the Iron Eagle shoot - and that the planes were emblazoned with American markings and insignia. They were recalled from the strike in time to avoid an international incident (which surely would have been the result had F-16s with USAF markings attacked Lebanon!)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091278/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not saying you are "wrong" since you seem to know Vipers well, but this is on imdb:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091278/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv
View Quote

Not buying that story.

GD put stickers of USAF markings on the aircraft for delivery. Once the Hebrews got them the sticker was taken off.

Show me a screenshot of an Iron Eagle filmed Viper with live ordinance. It better not be a Hades Bomb.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#19]
The best part about Air USA buying all the f-18s is...  they are keeping the 20mm galling guns in them and live!

The owner said they have 25mm Aden gun pods they use on some of their smaller jets, and he has over 100k rounds of ammo for them, with about half being HE rounds and half practice.

Bet his ATF compliance inspections are fun
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I just love the irony of "American" warplanes are being transported in a "USSR" cargo plane!
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:48:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I just love the irony of "American" warplanes are being transported in a "USSR" cargo plane!
View Quote

hey we brought back the EP-3E that collided a Chinese MiG and landed on Hainan Island in an An-124 (Chinese wouldn't let us use a C-5).  Landed it at Dobbins AFB in Marietta.  Parked it next to a C-5B so we could get pictures.  Crew couldn't wait to go to Wal-Mart and stock up on jeans.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top