Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/24/2021 12:17:33 AM EDT
Y’all know we have hated Cheaper than Dirt for years because of their price gouging after Sandy Hook.

Are we gonna hate on our new overlords for selling Wolf .223 for $0.85 per round?

Attachment Attached File

How high can it go?

Watch out.. don’t get brownelled

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:18:16 AM EDT
[#1]
No such thing.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:18:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Good god
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:19:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Everyone should have bought during the salad days.  Shame on whoever didn't.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:19:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Look! Another ammo shortage/price gouge thread....
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:23:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone that complains about "price gouging" isn't the brightest crayon in the shed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:25:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I just blew over $300 for 200rds of ammo for an upcoming range trip as I have no desire to drop below a certain amount of specific ammo.

Ammo costs whatever you think it does.

Buy, do not buy, there is no cry.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:25:49 AM EDT
[#7]
If you all were such big dipshits to ignore Bucks threads then fuck be upon you and your price gouging hoohaa.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:39:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I am not in the business of selling ammo but if someone is willing to pay $800+ for a case of 9mm,  I could be.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:40:24 AM EDT
[#9]
For years... YEARS... the gun industry tried not to go out of business. Trump had won.. and the entire industry was in a massive slump.

LGS's were going tits up because they could not sell Ammo.. mags.. rifles and handguns. Prices dropped to the floor.. then below cost as people tried to keep their doors open. Guys like Same at SG did everything they could to keep their doors open, and prices were the best we consumers had seen in years.

Prices on loaded ammo were so cheap, that the reloading industry had a hard time... why bother reloading when you could buy match grade pistol and rifle for less that the cost of components?

And millions of people sat thru this time... and did nothing. You didn't stack it.. you didn't invest... you didn't buy primers when they were $.04 and piled high.... nope You ignored it.  

And now.. after a year of covid, and a looming election... NOW you decide to buy? And the price is high? So thats "gouging"?

Pfftt.. No..  that is the industry selling for what they can fairly charge, for a product they cannot keep in stock (business with nothing to sell go out of business too... they have to charge enough to operate now and a month from now when there are no sales...)
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:41:40 AM EDT
[#10]
If you don't like the price, don't buy it.

It really is that simple.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:42:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Folks don’t think supply and demand be like it is, but it do.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:48:15 AM EDT
[#12]
If Biden bans ammo imports, then Wolf will become a limited edition collectors item.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:57:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Folks don’t think supply and demand be like it is, but it do.
View Quote

This. The fact that they are out of stock tells me they could have charged even more.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:58:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If Biden bans ammo imports, then Wolf will become a limited edition collectors item.
View Quote

It would certainly drive up the cost of US made ammo.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:59:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Brownells has started to cancel already confirmed orders to resell the exact same in-stock items for a significantly higher price?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:00:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Is market value comrade.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:03:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Anybody here still got Y2K ammo?

I do lol
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:16:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anybody here still got Y2K ammo?

I do lol
View Quote

Maybe I do,  some of us still have ammo from when Pappa Bush was president and before.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:48:44 AM EDT
[#19]
PSA is charging $1 per round for 223 (I have seen it in person at their Columbia SC store) and yet no one screams, "PRICE GOUGING!"

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:51:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Prices now are a tax on the unprepared.

Good lesson for new gun owners about ammo forts.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:53:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I am not in the business of selling ammo but if someone is willing to pay $800+ for a case of 9mm,  I could be.
View Quote

You should be selling on Gunbroker right now.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:54:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

A member here posted that he sold one for $1,000 last week.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:03:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Prices now are a tax on the unprepared.

Good lesson for new gun owners about ammo forts.
View Quote

I have bought ammo and turned around and sold it the next day to locals I have been telling to prepare for years. I bought ammo here and sold it for not more more than break even to people I like. People in my family who voted for China Joe and are now looking for ammo are getting charged the full Snap On truck price. You should hear them whine when I tell them how much.

Me. "Should have voted for Bad Orange Man. Now the 30-30 is still $75 cousin dumbass."

Cousin Dumbass, "but the price tag says $17.99"

Me." That was 2006 prices. This is 2021. Have you tried to find ammo locally or online?"

Cousin Dumbass. "You can not get it anywhere."

Me. "I know a couple of places. and they are charging more that $75 when  you include taxes and shipping."

Cousin Dumbass.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:10:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
For years... YEARS... the gun industry tried not to go out of business. Trump had won.. and the entire industry was in a massive slump.

LGS's were going tits up because they could not sell Ammo.. mags.. rifles and handguns. Prices dropped to the floor.. then below cost as people tried to keep their doors open. Guys like Same at SG did everything they could to keep their doors open, and prices were the best we consumers had seen in years.

Prices on loaded ammo were so cheap, that the reloading industry had a hard time... why bother reloading when you could buy match grade pistol and rifle for less that the cost of components?

And millions of people sat thru this time... and did nothing. You didn't stack it.. you didn't invest... you didn't buy primers when they were $.04 and piled high.... nope You ignored it.  

And now.. after a year of covid, and a looming election... NOW you decide to buy? And the price is high? So thats "gouging"?

Pfftt.. No..  that is the industry selling for what they can fairly charge, for a product they cannot keep in stock (business with nothing to sell go out of business too... they have to charge enough to operate now and a month from now when there are no sales...)
View Quote

This pretty much sums up CTD's CEO's viewpoint in a Facebook post 9 months ago.

You had years to prepare. Didn't? Fuck you pay me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:11:10 AM EDT
[#25]
I’d just shop somewhere else for cheaper, oh wait....

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:20:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's more sad that kids didn't get that opportunity or that replacing what you expend will hurt, bad.

You can stack and store, but most people will eventually run out of ammo, and the commies know this. It's a war of attrition, and they're not the ones losing resources.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:25:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Anyone that complains about "price gouging" isn't the brightest crayon in the shed.
View Quote

Well, they were cited for price gouging in Texas and had to pay back 400k.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:27:01 AM EDT
[#28]
I think they were charged with changing the price between the time you put it into your cart and checked out/charged rather than actual price gouging.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:28:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I think they were charged with changing the price between the time you put it into your cart and checked out/charged rather than actual price gouging.
View Quote

So a bait and switch? sounds like gouging to me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:30:21 AM EDT
[#30]
If you don't like the price, don't buy it.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
No such thing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:31:49 AM EDT
[#32]
AIM had Wolf in stock last night, $599/1k. Sold out in 30 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:38:13 AM EDT
[#33]
GD supports an open and fair market. There's no such thing as price gouging.  Hence, there are no such thing as morales and ethics in GD groupthink logic.  This is why GD supports FB, Twitter and the rest as they actively destroy the United States of America.  It's a free market and their massive propaganda platform, their rules.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:42:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shame on you for not buying ME stuff.

I shot too much 9mm in 2020.

2021 year of the bulk box 22

I need a cmmg. 22 conversion if someone wants to send one to me.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:44:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:53:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I dont want to get all in it but there are 2 economic realities here that people confuse.

Supply and demand works perfectly within the confines of legit business and its associated production and supply chains.

Every Tom , dick and fuckstick who tries to get in on the great panic skews what is actually happening.  Generally fueling and exacerbating the panic or shortage.

Jv economists make the situation worse while patting themselves on the back for their foresight and knowledge(that at least 100k other people are doing).  All the while punching someone else's clock.  

And if these guys get giddy about 2 or 3 grand in profit, well that's a poors mentality.  As I've said before,  if they are so savvy why not use all that economic and capitalist experience to make real money.

Hurr durr someone doesnt understand supply and demand.  (One of the dumbest posts on arfcom).
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:55:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So a bait and switch? sounds like gouging to me.
View Quote

Bait and switch is bait and switch. And price gouging is defined by the gov? Like assault Weapons, ghost guns and cop killer bullets?

Be smarter. There is no such thing as price gouging.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:55:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I dont want to get all in it but there are 2 economic realities here that people confuse.

Supply and demand works perfectly within the confines of legit business and its associated production and supply chains.

Every Tom , dick and fuckstick who tries to get in on the great panic skews what is actually happening.  Generally fueling and exacerbating the panic or shortage.

Jv economists make the situation worse while patting themselves on the back for their foresight and knowledge(that at least 100k other people are doing).  All the while punching someone else's clock.  

And if these guys get giddy about 2 or 3 grand in profit, well that's a poors mentality.  As I've said before,  if they are so savvy why not use all that economic and capitalist experience to make real money.

Hurr durr someone doesnt understand supply and demand.  (One of the dumbest posts on arfcom).
View Quote

You must be trying to buy ammo.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:19:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, no.  Because I understand how supply and demand works.  I dont give a shit if people resell, just dont act like its novel or that you have some "insight".

And ,yes, secondary sellers skew the perceived shortages whether you believe it or not.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:22:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Y’all know we have hated Cheaper than Dirt for years because of their price gouging after Sandy Hook.

Are we gonna hate on our new overlords for selling Wolf .223 for $0.85 per round?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/351027/DB9F3E64-697B-4B3A-8FC9-6EEAF39CDA38_jpe-1794112.JPG

How high can it go?

Watch out.. don’t get brownelled

View Quote

This is not gouging. In fact they left money on the table for whoever wants to make it. Wolf 223 is selling for a $1 a round on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:22:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was either that, or cancelling orders so they could list and sell at a higher price.  People want to jump on the bandwagon calling CTD 'price gougers' when they are doing no such thing.  Over the years I've seen them have lower prices than other 'popular' online vendors, and apparently there's one such example in this thread.   Yet most just want to pile on and scream 'price gougers!'.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It was either that, or cancelling orders so they could list and sell at a higher price.  People want to jump on the bandwagon calling CTD 'price gougers' when they are doing no such thing.  Over the years I've seen them have lower prices than other 'popular' online vendors, and apparently there's one such example in this thread.   Yet most just want to pile on and scream 'price gougers!'.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I havent paid attention this time but their sandy hook shenanigans was fucked.  That WAS gouging if there were an example.
Whoops, forgot about floor ammo.

Fuck CTD
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#43]
If people would stop buying it at record numbers the price would go back down...

If I have a widget and I sell it for a dollar and I run out of stock and there is a high demand I raise my price to where I make more money .

If no one buys it at the price I am selling then I must drop the price.

If sales stall then no one is interested in it any longer.

Pet rock comes to mind
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:36:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If people would stop buying it at record numbers the price would go back down...

If I have a widget and I sell it for a dollar and I run out of stock and there is a high demand I raise my price to where I make more money .

If no one buys it at the price I am selling then I must drop the price.

If sales stall then no one is interested in it any longer.

Pet rock comes to mind
View Quote

Perceived availability and herd mentality.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:37:29 AM EDT
[#45]
There is no price gouging. If you don’t like the price, shop around for a price that suits you. If the price doesn’t suit you, then don’t buy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:38:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Gouging is a made up word in economics
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Gouging is a made up word in economics
View Quote

All words are made up.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:47:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Dang at those prices I am going to need a gun to protect my ammo
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:51:02 AM EDT
[#49]
A number of people act like they have a right to a certain item but also a right to buy certain item at a certain price. Not so. You've got the right to buy something at the price they want, or not buy it. Pretty damn simple.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:54:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Why bitch about the prices? Just take your Trump, now Biden, checks that got for doing nothing and buy it already.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top