Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2018 9:26:38 PM EDT
What is going rate for a Cohiba Behike 52 or 54?  I found them for $85 and $95 respectively, but wondering if that is the going rate or a premium.  I thought they were about $50 each, not $95.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm seeing $800/box 10 for the 52, and $1000/box 10 for the 54 from online sources.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm seeing 502 for a box of 10 52's.
Just a google search, and I haven't bought from this company.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm seeing 502 for a box of 10 52's.
Just a google search, and I haven't bought from this company.
View Quote
If its the place I am thinking of they sell tons of fake high end cigars.  Most places don't have Behike in stock.  For 52's you will have to pay $750 or more.   Also if it doesn't come in a Piano Lacquer box its definitely fake.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 7:30:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.  The place I saw the 52's for was at $850 a box of ten, and this place is 100% legit.  For some reason I thought the Behike's were cheaper - guess I was wrong.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks guys.  The place I saw the 52's for was at $850 a box of ten, and this place is 100% legit.  For some reason I thought the Behike's were cheaper - guess I was wrong.
View Quote
They were $50 per stick but that was many years ago.   I am wondering with reducing parts of the Cuba embargo under Obama have people buying more Cuban cigars.   Also I wonder if customs is not confiscating as many as they used to so people are more apt to order online.  If this causes more people in the US to order more Cuban cigars it will cause the prices to increase faster.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:23:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#7]
From where I have purchased from. All showing out of stock currently. It will give you an idea though.

COHIBA - BEHIKE - BHK 52 10'S (BOX)
US$486.00

COHIBA - BEHIKE - BHK 54 10'S (BOX)
US$528.00

COHIBA - BEHIKE - BHK 56 10'S (BOX)
US$569.00
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

From where I have purchased from. All showing out of stock currently. It will give you an idea though.

COHIBA - BEHIKE - BHK 52 10'S (BOX)
US$486.00

COHIBA - BEHIKE - BHK 54 10'S (BOX)
US$528.00

COHIBA - BEHIKE - BHK 56 10'S (BOX)
US$569.00
View Quote
yeah.... those are either prices from  a decade ago or they are fakes.

Edit..

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 2:54:05 AM EDT
[#9]
They might be  I don't buy them . I have purchased from the site and from what I have read the site is 100% legit. They have a forum and a pretty robust on-line store so I doubt that they would risk harming their reputation by selling fakes. Who knows. They state that all cigars are hand inspected. From a recent post on the forum concerning sales in general, not tied to Behike in particular:

"Would not buy anywhere except ****......unless getting over to Cuba and I can open up to see what’s inside. And if I can’t open, I’m not buying. Yes, I’d rather pay more on **** than buying a box blind in Cuba for less."

They are listed as out of stock on the site which may reflect the price, no reason to update the price since there are none in stock . I read something that Habano distributors are waiting on the new year's stock to arrive and right now supplies across all lines are down. I think November is when the new stock begins to arrive. That is what I read. Again I could be wrong.

And from the owner:
Let's put it all in perspective.

1. I get the same stock as in the UK, Switzerland, Italy, Canada, Mongolia.  If my codes are good on something then it his bloody likely they are just as good elsewhere.

2, I grade my stock because people asked "hey Rob, what's looking good".

3. I grade my stock based on what I like.  Good wrapper, good aroma at cold, good construction.  i suspect that if you had access to multiple boxes of the same cigar, 8 times out of 10 you would be picking the same boxes I am.  If you have a different set of criteria, more power to you!

4. You need to let cigars rest, some you need to age, some you don't.  You can't get to know your tastes without smoking multiple cigars (of varying types, ages, wrapper's) over multiple years. There are no shortcuts.

The only benefit of **** is that you have some of the risk removed from a blind net purchase. You generally know what you are getting. The next best thing is to visit your LCDH/Store or to fly to Cuba. :cigar:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top