Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2021 3:46:47 PM EDT
Looks like its designed to help Officers that can't get retirement IDs.

Sec. 2. Removing Obstacles to Federal Law Enforcement Officers Qualifying For Concealed Carry Under the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004. (a) It shall be the policy of the United States to remove any undue obstacle preventing current or retired Federal law enforcement officers from carrying a concealed firearm as allowed under the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004, as amended (18 U.S.C. 926B, 926C) (LEOSA).

Unfortunately it does not address low cap magazines in ban states (soon to be the entire country).

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-protecting-law-enforcement-officers-judges-prosecutors-families/
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]
How many “undue obstacles” are there in complying with the 2004 law?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:12:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep--saw that.

POTUS Executive Order for CCW - To Judges, DAs, Prosecutors

...from my work experience of 40 years in the local Federal and State Courts where I am, believe me--more than one Judge had a pistol (mostly 9mm w/hollow points) under those flowing black robes--with the unstated SOP: "local, state or FED laws be damned--I'm no good dead or wounded."

a few crazies in court have 'charged' judges and DAs here--but the local Sheriff or US Marshall always sees to it that Deputies or Marshall present in the courtroom can handle most anything. these guys I've seen at overwatch in courts would make the Hulk look like a midget--and when they have on their body armor, they look absolutely indestructible. quick too. I've never seen a perp lay hands upon a judge or prosecutor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top