Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2021 4:48:50 PM EDT
A buddy and I completed the Bataan Memorial Death march about a month ago and now he's pretty hyped about rucking.  While sitting around drinking beer afterwards it was decided that we would do that Goruck 50 mile Star Course in Denver this coming August.  I did it a couple years back in just under 12 hours on my own.  It's time to prep for another.  This was with 75lbs of plates in my ruck.

Anyone else doing a Star Course this year?
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never done one before, trying to talk a couple buddies into doing the 15k.

We have been on several backpacking trips, this seems like in the same vein.

Can we all use our backpacking rigs (Osprey, North Face, etc), with bags of rice of whatever?

Or are they picky about you using their branded pack and weight plates?
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never done one before, trying to talk a couple buddies into doing the 15k.

We have been on several backpacking trips, this seems like in the same vein.

Can we all use our backpacking rigs (Osprey, North Face, etc), with bags of rice of whatever?

Or are they picky about you using their branded pack and weight plates?
View Quote

Any pack/weight you want for the Star Course. Just has to have 20# dry weight throughout.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Any pack/weight you want for the Star Course. Just has to have 20# dry weight throughout.
View Quote

Cool, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I did the 50 miler in Jacksonville.   Said I wouldn’t ever do it again.  But it’s been long enough that I’d consider it.   Need to train back up though
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I did the 26.2 a couple of years ago. My mind told me that a 50 miler would be doable, but I eeked by on the 26 with about 20 minutes to spare. 91 degrees in July kicked my butt toward the end. I'll never forget a ghetto oasis McDonald's that was the bright part of the day. Ice cold Powerade never tasted so good.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:10:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I did the 26.2 a couple of years ago. My mind told me that a 50 miler would be doable, but I eeked by on the 26 with about 20 minutes to spare. 91 degrees in July kicked my butt toward the end. I'll never forget a ghetto oasis McDonald's that was the bright part of the day. Ice cold Powerade never tasted so good.
View Quote

Was this a local event? I have been walking several times a week and want to do longer distances. My schedule is a mess right now, so long travel time is a no-go.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Was this a local event? I have been walking several times a week and want to do longer distances. My schedule is a mess right now, so long travel time is a no-go.
View Quote

It was in Kansas City in 2019. I think Des Moines has had some as well. I haven't looked at the schedule in a while though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top