Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2022 2:07:33 AM EDT
The renter eviction moratoriums have expired.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/prepare-tidal-wave-evictions
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 2:44:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Are we gonna see a giant "Okie" great depression style mass migration from it? If so, I hope they all head to Californy.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 2:47:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Am I a chump for paying this whole time?
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 3:02:49 AM EDT
[#3]
If this wasn't written into law, then it was a bureaucratic decision. When the time is right, another bureaucrat will swoop in to win some votes.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 3:04:38 AM EDT
[#4]
As the numbers grow, there will be an EO bringing it back as well as student loans.  It’s an election year.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 3:05:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are we gonna see a giant "Okie" great depression style mass migration from it? If so, I hope they all head to Californy.
View Quote

They can't afford the rent in California.

Average rent is $1,844 a month.
Average asking price for vacant unit is $3,000 a month.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 4:19:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They can't afford the rent in California.

Average rent is $1,844 a month.
Average asking price for vacant unit is $3,000 a month.
View Quote

Silly Californian, rent is for squares. Evictee migrants don't pay rent. They set up tents or camp in their cars or squat in vacant buildings, and poop on the sidewalks and collect benefits.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 7:32:47 AM EDT
[#7]
If they only saved their $$ instead of buying new brand name kicks and hot threads to show off in.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 9:46:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I know a couple landlords and they both carried dead beat renters through covid.
They both got paid with biden covid bucks, just had to ride out the bs and get their dead beats to sign the form saying they couldn't pay because covid.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#9]
After the courts opened back up in Maryland, Baltimore city evictions were backed up almost a year.  Not sure how caught up they are now.  I think still months out.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Silly Californian, rent is for squares. Evictee migrants don't pay rent. They set up tents or camp in their cars or squat in vacant buildings, and poop on the sidewalks and collect benefits.
View Quote

We found our own solution by building our house in a rural area where deadbeats can't live.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:18:31 PM EDT
[#11]
For every open rental I have, there's 50+ applicants.

Most of em look solid.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:33:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For every open rental I have, there's 50+ applicants.

Most of em look solid.
View Quote

Rentals are the wave of the future,
as the American middle class
is intentionally being destroyed.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top