Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2020 1:28:36 PM EDT
Have any of you signed up as providers for Hyatt, CLC, or others?

I'm looking for more employment law referrals, and I figure that disgruntled employees might be seeking counsel through these typically employer sponsored plans.

From what I've seen, Hyatt has an utterly terrible reputation with consumers. But, how is it from the other side? Has it generated any business for you? Caused headaches?

I see CLC offers EAP programs in addition to legal services.  Any experiences with CLC?
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#1]
OST
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been in group legal plans. In the terms it says it can't be used in actions against your employer
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:44:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope.
If your employer is fucking you (and has deep pockets) there are plenty of employee-side lawyers out there willing to consult and help you out, OP.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope.
If your employer is fucking you (and has deep pockets) there are plenty of employee-side lawyers out there willing to consult and help you out, OP.
View Quote
Re-read the OP. I am employee/plaintiff's counsel.

I've had several clients and potential clients talk about how they spoke with their legal plans and EAPs who referred them to unhelpful or unresponsive firms. Later, they found us.

I'm curious about getting on the referral lists that are given to the employees through the legal plans, EAPs, or even union counsel.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've had several clients and potential clients talk about how they spoke with their legal plans and EAPs who referred them to unhelpful or unresponsive firms. Later, they found us.

I'm curious about getting on the referral lists that are given to the employees through the legal plans, EAPs, or even union counsel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.

Sorry, OP.
I'm not helpful.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#6]
OP - i suggest contacting some of the plan providers and exploring this for yourself. Its really a business decision.

I have my own practice - tax, EP, business, etc - and when i went solo i looked into this. i declined, it just wasnt worth the hassle. the fee caps they impose are absurd.

i discussed this with 2 particular lawyers i know who participated, both disliked being involved. 1 said most clients he ended up meeting with didnt even use him because his base documents he provided for the price the PPL company would pay were rarely sufficient for what the client wanted. in other words, the clients wanted more than he was wiling to do for the PPL rates, and the clients got pissed when they were told it would actually cost them money, the PPL beenfift wouldnt  cover what they wanted.

the 2nd lawyer just hated keeping track of all the files and other stuff that goes along with a client practice generally - conflict checks, time and staff resources, etc. - given the reduced rates.

its a lot like medicare - dont expect these clients to be profit centers from the work covered by the PPL plan. view them as loss leaders which make sense if there's potential other work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top