Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2018 9:47:29 AM EDT
Decided to try pre-shave oil, and made my own. Checked out a few recipes, and they're mostly the same. I made a batch and included vitamin E and tea tree oil.

I've just tried applying to dry face, then applying my shave soap via a brush. It doesn't seem to be any better than softening the whiskers with hot water.

Am I doing something wrong?
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Rinse your face with warm water or hot damp towel before oil.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:18:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Use Mobil1?
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:25:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Rinse your face with warm water or hot damp towel before oil.
View Quote

This never seems to work as well as just shaving right after a shower.  I have a tough beard and my face gets a beating if I do it any other way.  Use the Cremo and no shave oil is required.  This is the only thing I can use without taking a shower first. I also use the Dorco Pace 4.

Link Posted: 6/13/2018 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#4]
i use right out of the shower, no issues.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 11:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top