Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2018 11:44:50 AM EDT
My family could use prayer today. Particularly my Dad. My Grandma is having surgery on her colon today at approximately 11:30 AM. They are removing a cancerous mass. She is 97 and of course it's really hard to predict how this is all going to turn out. We could all use comfort, peace, strength, healing and all those types of things. And that God is glorified. And obviously when I say particularly my Dad I should say most importantly my Grandma. I'm sure it's all scary. She is a tough 97 year old. Heck, she's tough for any age. But anyways..... Thank you all for being there for us.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Prayers for grandmother and for your family.

Our tents wear out, but we can keep going eternally.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Done.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 1:33:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Prayers sent
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My family could use prayer today. Particularly my Dad. My Grandma is having surgery on her colon today at approximately 11:30 AM. They are removing a cancerous mass. She is 97 and of course it's really hard to predict how this is all going to turn out. We could all use comfort, peace, strength, healing and all those types of things. And that God is glorified. And obviously when I say particularly my Dad I should say most importantly my Grandma. I'm sure it's all scary. She is a tough 97 year old. Heck, she's tough for any age. But anyways..... Thank you all for being there for us.
View Quote
Your still around?
Of course I'll pray for you.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, been here all along.  Mostly in the revolver forum for a while now.

My Grandmother is out of surgery.  Resting.  In pain but coherent.  She is one tough 97 year old.  My goodness.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Done, got here late as usual, glad GrandMa is out of surgery.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:42:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Prayed for her.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#8]
You all are in our prayers.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys.  It was a week from...  Well it could've been worse.

She actually did very well.  But I'll try to give you updates in a timely manner.  My laptop battery is almost dead but I have some funny stories.

After 2 days she was driving everybody nuts to go home.  2nd night after the surgery she was hallucinating from the pain meds.  She claimed 3 men with scary tatoos on their faces came into her room and threw jewelry down on her table......  

They took her off those meds.  But by the second day she said she was ready to go home.  The surgeon said the tumor was the size of his fist.  He's an asian guy and smaller, but still.....  The cancer was not in the lymphs and didn't seem to spread.  Yaaaaaaay.

But I mean after 2 days of being there she kept asking when she could go home.  And it was almost incessent.  She's got dimensia but she just doesn't like not being at home.  So the third night, she called 911 from her room wanting the cops to come get her out of there and take her home. Then she went in the closet in the hospital room and was holding the door shut.  They transferred her to a room where she wouldn't disturb anyone because she was off her rocker  Oy vay.

More to come.  have to plug in...
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Prayers sent!
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#11]
We thought maybe she was developing sundowners syndrome and we need some kind of care facility. She has been living at home with in home care up til now but its been sort of rough.  So we thought this might be the catalyst to getting her in somewhere.  We never know what the right thing to do is.  My Dad lives there but this has been like ten years of issues on and off to deal with and hes just about losing it from dealing with it all. The hospital was saying they'd give my dad names of facilities in the area and I already had been looking into some in anticipation.

So the doc comes in and says were releasing her today'", which was about 2 days earlier than we expected, and says were not releasing her to any care facility because she'll act the same way there raising cain to go home.  My dad about lost it cuz her normal care givers couldnt get there until the next day and she had just started going #2.  He didnt know if she was going to be flipping out at home and possibly have a blow out from not having full control over her bowels.  So I lined up some gals from a place called visiting angels who thank God had some gals available last minute.  Albeit pretty expensive.  Then my dad got lost on the way home from the hospital cuz the doctors called while he was driving and he was  taking an unfamiliar way.  They live in lake county illinois and it can get kind of confusing.

They get home and my grandma says its good to be home and goes to bed and proceeds to sleep for nearly 12 hours straight.

It was like one of them moments that despite the fact that i'm a christian and shouldnt use this language you just go to yourself, "What da fuck?"

I know I probably shouldnt have said it but its what im thinking and feeling.

Then it takes my dad a few days to come down from the whole thing which is understandable.  But him ranting and raving to me on the phone doesnt help my anxiety and stress but I want to be there for him.

Then my son came down with a fever and my daughter was on the rag and my mil is coming into town and is sleeping over tonight before my wife drives her to her cousins house.

Ive been dealing with anxiety the last couple of days . Comes and goes but man its been fun.  The holidays seem to somehow promote this kind of craziness.  At least in my family.  Anyone else have stuff like this?  I swear it feels like God sometimes leaves unbelievers alone to live charmed lives and just heaps it on us.  Although I think pretty much everybody has crap to deal with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top