Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

1861 I think
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I heard that 4 bridges from VA to DC will be closed from 19-21 Jan.  Inauguration-related.  Has this ever happened before?

1861 I think

Thinking this as the army was in retreat.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:10:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:15:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#5]
What would the media say if Trump had done this?

TYRANT, dictator!

Well, they should say the same thing right now, but the anchors all think they are safe.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

What a bunch of pussies. What is the plan for the next four years?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Most popular president ever!
View Quote

Yep, looks like he will have a bunch of unwanted guest or no guest at all.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:36:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
lol

Even if that were true (I have no idea if it is or not), if you wanted to get from NoVA to D.C., you’d just take the Beltway across the river (on the American Legion bridge), and then take the Clara Barton Parkway or 190 into downtown DC.  No problem.

The entire concept is ludicrous.
View Quote

Literally told the GF 5 min ago that if this happens, were going to the far side of the bridge and kayaking across just to prove a point.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#11]
The Democrats are overhyping the fuck out of this to the extent that it is suspicious and likely they are up to something.

Huge NG presence in DC and all the state Capitols, and these rumors of armed protests being planned sounds like they are setting the stage to create a bunch of  planned armed attacks, likely by the antiifa crowd dressed as maga

So then they can call every Trump supporter a domestic terrorist and have a big ole reason to start implementing gun control immediately, for the sake of our citizens safety and preserving our countries long standing history of a peaceful transition of power.

ETA:  or maybe it’s a trap so the swamp creatures can’t escape when trump enacts the Hail Mary act.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:42:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
lol

Even if that were true (I have no idea if it is or not), if you wanted to get from NoVA to D.C., you’d just take the Beltway across the river (on the American Legion bridge), and then take the Clara Barton Parkway or 190 into downtown DC.  No problem.

The entire concept is ludicrous.
View Quote

It's true.  Your local news should be covering it by now.

It is also ludicrous, yet here we are.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I haven't been to DC since I was a kid but I'm pretty sure this isn't normal for t-5 days until inauguration.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:47:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Its about to be filled with fill foam supplied by My Pillow guy and deployed via C-5 Galaxy's. This will stick to the tar that will be sprayed by high altitude Chemtrail deployment minutes earlier.
View Quote
Parachuted down on chutes made of 100% Nile cotton.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:49:31 PM EDT
[#16]
You'd think there was a 100,000-man rebel army in the vicinity the way they're preparing.

Makes me worry they plan to do shit on day 1 that would summon one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Late Friday evening, Virginia’s congressional delegation announced nearly all of the major bridges crossing the Potomac River from Virginia into D.C. would close next week, from early Tuesday morning to early Thursday morning.

The bridges that will close to both traffic and pedestrians are the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge, the Arlington Memorial Bridge, the Interstate 395 Bridge and the 14th Street Bridge.

https://wtop.com/inauguration/2021/01/unprecedented-major-inauguration-security-measures-go-into-effect-throughout-dc/
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:54:02 PM EDT
[#19]
And here we all though it would be New York.  

Flight on the Twin Towers (Escape from New York -1981)

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Am I the only one not going?  Did I miss the memo?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Please dear God make it permanent!

Save VA!! Drop the bridges!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I heard that 4 bridges from VA to DC will be closed from 19-21 Jan.  Inauguration-related.  Has this ever happened before?

Let’s not be too hasty.  First chase all those democrat-voting yankee fucks out of Northern Virginia into DC where they belong.  Then drop the bridges.  And if there are a few thousand still on the bridges when they fall? Well, omelet, eggs, etc.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:21:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Let’s not be too hasty.  First chase all those democrat-voting yankee fucks out of Northern Virginia into DC where they belong.  Then drop the bridges.  And if there are a few thousand still on the bridges when they fall? Well, omelet, eggs, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew I liked you.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:29:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:29:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Man that's all of em.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:30:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:34:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Need a reason to describe the paltry turnout for the inauguration.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:16:45 AM EDT
[#27]
With all the barriers getting set up, parking getting closed, bridges being closed it looks like "they" are paving the way to explain why not so many sheeple showed up for the inauguration.  This is an excuse for low attendance by the public at the event.  Or... maybe not?

Ok, back to my drinking.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:40:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Most of us Northern Virginians don't see a downside to this.  

Remember in '89 when D.C. police marched their hookers into NoVa?  
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Look at a map. On the Maryland side there must be 100 streets which enter DC. In PG County you cross the street and now you're in DC. No way in the world to limit access from the Maryland side of the District. There is an airport in MD seven miles from the Capitol building.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Late Friday evening, Virginia’s congressional delegation announced nearly all of the major bridges crossing the Potomac River from Virginia into D.C. would close next week, from early Tuesday morning to early Thursday morning.

The bridges that will close to both traffic and pedestrians are the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge, the Arlington Memorial Bridge, the Interstate 395 Bridge and the 14th Street Bridge.

https://wtop.com/inauguration/2021/01/unprecedented-major-inauguration-security-measures-go-into-effect-throughout-dc/
View Quote

They aren't closing the Key Bridge? That's how all terrorists in the past have entered DC.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top