Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2018 9:10:36 PM EDT
Heard some clanking on my back porch.  Opened door, big babcat possum ran under back porch from grill.  Grease pan completely clean

Ideas to keep it out, get rid of?  I ain’t going under porch.  Weber has a cover, but can crawl under it.  Dag retired and doesn’t do chasing shit anymore. Prefer to leave grill on porch.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#1]
So let me see if I got this right.

1. You are not motivated to clean the grease trap on your grill.

2. God sent an animal which cleans your nasty grease trap and then disappears.

3. You complain.

It seems to me that you won the Irish Sweepstakes but are still mad that you lost the 8th Grade Spelling Bee.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#2]
OPIE!!   You are alive!!

Welcome back big guy
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Just one?

Attachment Attached File

Possums are beneficial, btw.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#4]
My blue healer/beagle mix has been chasing and treeing a possum every night.  The Tree happens to be in the neighbor's yard.  So, I have to get up, put on coat and boots, trudge outside in the 20 degree weather in the frozen snowy yard, climb a fence, retrieve dog, look at possum who always has 'That Smirk' on it's face, and then go back inside, block dog door and then listen to him pace and whine for the next couple hours.

I've thought about using my Sparrow-suppressed Mark III on one of 'em.  Haven't quite decided which one yet....

Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm ok with my opossum cleaning the drip cup, but it becomes a problem when it takes the drip cup to go (I have to find it at the fence line or in the bushes).

So, I keep the drip cup inside the grill when not in use.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:57:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just one?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71410/possum_jpg-721546.JPG

Possums are beneficial, btw.
View Quote
Possums by the cord.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:05:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Kind of with the first poster.  Little guy just got a meal of grease and fat and cleaned the dish for you.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:06:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Heard some clanking on my back porch.  Opened door, big babcat possum ran under back porch from grill.  Grease pan completely clean

Ideas to keep it out, get rid of?  I ain’t going under porch.  Weber has a cover, but can crawl under it.  Dag retired and doesn’t do chasing shit anymore. Prefer to leave grill on porch.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/338038/536425C0-42B7-4DB9-95FE-E8E1072377E9_jpeg-741360.JPG
View Quote
I call the big one bitey.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#9]
We have two regulars, one big meaty one and smaller teenager.  They steal cat food we put out for our outdoor cat.  I deal with it, I would rather have opossums in the yard than snakes and they eat snakes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top