User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It does not matter that who provides it is in a state of Grace. They are Extraordinary Ministers, NOT Eucharistic Ministers. Because they are supposed to be utilized in an emergency. Which I not the case. Areas in my area.

I forget which Saint it was. But there is a quote about some parishioners asking what they should do because they know that their priest was not in a State of Grace. The Saint said, " I would kiss his hands any chance I get." This was because only the priest can consecrate the Body & Blood.

But thus isn't the case in this issue. I don't know what to do though.
View Quote

That's the answer I was hoping you'd give (and I agree). I guess my point is that it might not be your preferred method but it's still the Eucharist.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That's the answer I was hoping you'd give (and I agree). I guess my point is that it might not be your preferred method but it's still the Eucharist.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It does not matter that who provides it is in a state of Grace. They are Extraordinary Ministers, NOT Eucharistic Ministers. Because they are supposed to be utilized in an emergency. Which I not the case. Areas in my area.

I forget which Saint it was. But there is a quote about some parishioners asking what they should do because they know that their priest was not in a State of Grace. The Saint said, " I would kiss his hands any chance I get." This was because only the priest can consecrate the Body & Blood.

It's not a matter of preference, but one of justice, reverence, and fear of the Lord.  Pretty sure he knows it's the Eucharist; it just pains him to see our Lord profaned and abused.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's not a matter of preference, but one of justice, reverence, and fear of the Lord.  Pretty sure he knows it's the Eucharist; it just pains him to see our Lord profaned and abused.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you, abnk! It really does!! I also, fear for mine and my family's souls. To receive so irreverently..... is this a sin? Is it an offense to Our Lord who suffered for us to have this Miracle?

Am I sinning in not receiving?.....
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree. The point I obviously did not clearly get across was that it IS the Eucharist and we should always strive to receive it as correctly as possible, whether the person administering is doing it according to our preference.
For the record I am not a fan of using EM in the course of the Mass.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 11:26:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I agree. The point I obviously did not clearly get across was that it IS the Eucharist and we should always strive to receive it as correctly as possible, whether the person administering is doing it according to our preference.
For the record I am not a fan of using EM in the course of the Mass.
View Quote

http://www.eyeofthetiber.com/2013/02/10/extraordinary-mass-should-not-be-the-norm-extraordinary-minister-of-holy-communion-reporting/
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Saint Malachy predicted this.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 3:32:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Could be a mere coincidence, but funny timing:

French Bishop Cancels Latin Mass and FSSP
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Regarding the FSSP community in the TM video, they have started an online petition page.  Not sure how helpful that will be, but if you are interested:  link
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 11:51:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Sacrosanctum Concilium: The Ultimate Trojan Horse

the Monsignor (Bugnini) ensured that the text would never ask for too much, too fast, but would leave things vague enough to allow the extensive work of demolition and reconstruction he and his allies already had in mind.

It would be most inconvenient for the articles of our Constitution to be rejected by the Central Commission or by the Council itself. That is why we must tread carefully and discreetly. Carefully, so that proposals be made in an acceptable manner (modo acceptabile), or, in my opinion, formulated in such a way that much is said without seeming to say anything: let many things be said in embryo (in nuce) and in this way let the door remain open to legitimate and possible postconciliar deductions and applications: let nothing be said that suggests excessive novelty and might invalidate all the rest, even what is straightforward and harmless (ingenua et innocentia). We must proceed discreetly. Not everything is to be asked or demanded from the Council—but the essentials, the fundamental principles [are]. (Chiron, 82)
View Quote

The conclusion: Sacrosanctum Concilium is not only not a safe document, it was the greatest Trojan Horse ever introduced into the Church. I know that it’s painful for many good Catholics to admit that it is a corrupt and corrosive document, but we must judge the tree by its fruits.

The intention of Paul VI with regard to the liturgy, with regard to what is commonly called the Mass, was to reform the Catholic liturgy in such a way that it should almost coincide with the Protestant liturgy… But what is curious is that Paul VI did that to get as close as possible to the Protestant Lord’s Supper

I do not think I am wrong to say that the intention of Paul VI, and of the new liturgy that bears his name, was to require of the faithful a greater participation at Mass, to make more room for Scripture, and less room for all that some would call “magic,” [and] others [would call] substantial, transubstantial consecration, and for what is of Catholic Faith; in other words, there was with Paul VI an ecumenical intention to remove, or at least to correct, or at least to relax what was too Catholic, in the traditional sense, in the Mass, and, I repeat, to get the Catholic Mass closer to the Calvinist mass.
View Quote
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There's nothing in there about Mary being the new ark of the covenant. In fact Jesus minimizes his physical relationship with his mother in order to emphasize his spiritual relationship with his followers.

As far as Christ's agony, His prayer in Gethsemane refers specifically to Himself, but He submitted to His Father's will. The greatest agony that He experienced was abandonment by His Father. If anything, the assumption that His agony was caused by his followers or creations is presumptuous, as we place humans and their importance above His eternal relationship with the Father.

My impression of specific dedications for whatever purposes to hearts and whatnot seems like an echo of the Pharisees' practice.

It almost seems like you're elevating Jesus' attributes or experiences above Christ Himself in his full person.

Again, not trying to fling poop, just a type of religion that's outside my experience.

ETA:  and you'll never hear me argue about this. This is the work of the Holy Spirit, sanctifying us and centering our lives on God.
View Quote
DM: I could write pages regarding this. I don't have that kind of time anymore and have found that you will "see" TRUTH only as far as you are open to it.
The TRUTH about Mary:
Man was thrown out of Paradise (Garden of Eden). When he left, the gate was shut. Man could not return to Paradise on his own. He is not strong enough to reopen the Gate to Heaven. In the fullness of time, God sends His Son to open the Gate to Heaven.He comes to this world to open Heaven for mankind. Jesus comes for man's salvation. He comes into the world through a Gate. The Gate the Lord Himself will come is closed to all others. The Holy Virgin Mary is the Gate which He comes to the world.
Without her YES: (It was a choice) Jesus would not have come to redeem the world.
What did the ARC of the OLD TESTAMENT CARRY?
  • Manna
  • Aron's Rod that has sprouted
  • The Tablets (covenant)
The ARC was so sacred that it was maintained in the Holy of Holies. It contained what had been "touched" by God.

Jesus literally is the Sacred Word made Flesh.
"CCC 473 The human nature of God's Son, not by itself but by its union with the Word, knew and showed forth in itself everything that pertains to God."105 Such is first of all the case with the intimate and immediate knowledge that the Son of God made man has of his Father.106 The Son in his human knowledge also showed the divine penetration he had into the secret thoughts of human hearts

Hopefully in your faith you believe that Jesus is the SON OF GOD.

And back to your quote regarding the institution of the HOLY EUCHARIST: The NEW covenant is the Holy Eucharist:
Words are important: Who carried the Son of God in her womb?
Who cared for, nursed, bathed, protected, taught, loved cried, stood by the Cross ... Mary.
Mary was not only touched by God, God allowed her to Kiss His face, care for Him, was obedient to her.
Mary was so pure her will (and yes) reflected God's will in full perfection.  
She most certainly is the Arc of the New Covenant in so many ways.
She brought us the Christ who suffered and died and shed His blood. The WORD INCARNATE... think about that.

Link Posted: 6/24/2021 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Definitely not a type...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 5:32:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Uh...  How's it going, eh?

ETA: Never mind.  I guess we have a new thread on this topic.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top