Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Poll fail.

Colt 1908 is the correct answer.
View Quote

The poll didn’t fail at all. The 1908 is an obsolete antique  as evidenced by the fact you’re the only person in 2 threads that’s mentioned it and that no one makes it to this day. I’d wager it may even be public domain.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

85bb
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why did you leave out Beretta?

85bb

A handsome pistol to be sure. Also too big and too heavy imo. Here it is compared to a G42, a pistol on the edge of being too big for pocket carry.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Ruger LCP Max - Comparison / Review and Range Time

Ruger LCP vs LCP Max vs Kahr P380
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:21:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Capacity, size, weight, sights, great price LCP Max wins.

Accuracy, precision, pleasant to shoot,  light weight, thin, fair price, simple take down, goes to Glock 42. A great minimalist IWB/OWB gun that you won't know is there. But way too big for pocket carry unless you're a fat guy or dumpy/baggy dresser.

I would have gotten the 42 again(sold 1st one to a friend in need) but unfortunately pocket carry is my only option and it was too big for that.

The LCP Max is harder to shoot well, much less pleasant to shoot which leads to poorer accuracy and precision. In the first 300rnds I have had no reliability issues with my 100gn reloads or 90gn XTP factory loads.

The first couple weeks of pocket carrying in the included Ruger holster I found the mag released at the end of the day several times. I swapped the mag release to left hand(I'm left handed anyway, I'm just used to my Glocks that aren't swappable) and that ended the mag getting released problem.
The included holster works ok, but I printed too much showing an outline of a gun shape.

I went with a Recluse One Sided pocket holster, it prints a bit more but looks more wallet or phone like. It also draws cleaner IMO.

I still use the Ruger holster once in a while when printing doesn't matter but then I generally just go with my G27 owb under a shirt.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an LCP, my son has an LCP II. I plan to swap out for an LCP II in the future. I carry the LCP around ( front pocket ) in the yard, but if I''m going anywhere else, I carry the LCP in my right front pocket, and my primary H&K IWB 4 o'clock.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:28:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I had an LCP; traded it in for a LCR.

Got my mom a P238 as a gift some years ago.  I preferred shooting the P238 as compared to the LCP.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the S&W Bodyguard with laser that I carry in the summer as it's lightweight and easy to hide under tees and tanks.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:50:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Sig 238
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:12:55 PM EDT
[#10]
LCP Max and it’s not even close. If I need slimmer I use my Pico. I like the 42 but it’s damn big for a 6/7+1 .380 and the OG LCP is VASTLY inferior to the LCP Max in most every way.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
P238 for me
View Quote

This one gets my vote, too.  Carries beautifully in a Pocket Concealment Systems holster.  

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Kimber Micro 380
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Glock 42 came out in 2014
LCP MAX in 2021
LCP in 2008

A lot more people are going to own and/or have experience on the Glock and LCP. For the LCP MAX to be doing so well in the poll is notable.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The poll didn’t fail at all. The 1908 is an obsolete antique  as evidenced by the fact you’re the only person in 2 threads that’s mentioned it and that no one makes it to this day. I’d wager it may even be public domain.
View Quote

Eh, I agree with him, if I'm carrying a .380, it's a Colt 1908.

Of course, a Colt 1908 is the only .380 I own, so there's that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
LCP MAX in 2021

A lot more people are going to own and/or have experience on the Glock. For the LCP MAX to be doing so well in the poll is notable.
View Quote

I think the 42 was an excellent option at the time. Back then there wasn’t much in its niche. It was mostly either a bigger bulky metal .380 or a micro polymer .380. One was clunky and the other was very hard to use and shoot. The 42 is a great mix in that it’s smallER than the clunky ones like the Beretta Cheetah/Bersa & Co yet far more shootable than the P3ATs and the like. It feels like a real gun, just smaller.

Then the MAX came out and blew it out of the water.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Kahr P380
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Kahr P380
View Quote

If you can get one that works, absolutely. I say that because my CM9 was irredeemable even after multiple factory trips. They’re great little pistols if one gets a reliable one. It’s a shame mine wasn’t and I’m just a bit soured from the brand.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Walther PPK/S. Old design, but very reliable and safe to carry.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I think the 42 was an excellent option at the time. Back then there wasn’t much in its niche. It was mostly either a bigger bulky metal .380 or a micro polymer .380. One was clunky and the other was very hard to use and shoot. The 42 is a great mix in that it’s smallER than the clunky ones yet far more shootable than the P3ATs and the like. It feels like a real gun, just smaller.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LCP MAX in 2021

A lot more people are going to own and/or have experience on the Glock. For the LCP MAX to be doing so well in the poll is notable.

I think the 42 was an excellent option at the time. Back then there wasn’t much in its niche. It was mostly either a bigger bulky metal .380 or a micro polymer .380. One was clunky and the other was very hard to use and shoot. The 42 is a great mix in that it’s smallER than the clunky ones yet far more shootable than the P3ATs and the like. It feels like a real gun, just smaller.

I’m wondering why we haven’t seen a metal magazine like Shield Arms made for the Glock 48 that took it from 10 rounds with OEM mags to 15 rnds with steel mags. Maybe there just isn’t much room in a G42 for a lot more rounds.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:31:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm wondering why we haven't seen a metal magazine like Shield Arms made for the Glock 48 that took it from 10 rounds with OEM mags to 15 rnds with steel mags. Maybe there just isn't much room in a G42 for a lot more rounds.
View Quote
There's not enough room in the magwell to get a true double stack in like the 43X/48.  They could make something like the Z9, but  a flush fit version would only add a single round, which you can get with magguts.  And I doubt there's much demand.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I’m wondering why we haven’t seen a metal magazine like Shield Arms made for the Glock 48 that took it from 10 rounds with OEM mags to 15 rnds with steel mags. Maybe there just isn’t much room in a G42 for a lot more rounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LCP MAX in 2021

Yeah maybe the space isn’t there, or maybe it’s not as big a market as the 9mm, or maybe it’s a mix of the two. It’s a shame because I love the LCP Max so much that I wish it had more direct competition. The 42 as a 10+1 would be awesome, and would definitely reshape that niche of the carry market. I think there’s a huge market for .380’s that are actually shootable and usable pistols that aren’t huge and bulky. It exists for 9mm moreso, but the .380 can’t be far behind.

Anyway the .380 used to be pretty anemic but with new ammo like the Federal Punch I don’t feel very undergunned with 12+1 of .380. It hits decent penetration and expands to the size of a middle of the road 9mm round. I am ok with that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:33:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There's not enough room in the magwell to get a true double stack in like the 43X/48.  They could make something like the Z9, but  a flush fit version would only add a single round, which you can get with magguts.  And I doubt there's much demand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm wondering why we haven't seen a metal magazine like Shield Arms made for the Glock 48 that took it from 10 rounds with OEM mags to 15 rnds with steel mags. Maybe there just isn't much room in a G42 for a lot more rounds.

That’s what I figured. There can’t be much more room in that little 42 mag well, they could probably get one more round in, maybe 2 if they played with the spring/follower like the Magguts does. I could see getting it to 8+1 but much else would probably have to extend out the bottom.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:34:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

LCP Max so much that I wish it had more direct competition.
View Quote
P365-380
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
P365-380
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LCP Max so much that I wish it had more direct competition.
P365-380

I guess but it’s a good 50% heavier isn’t it? To me that’s not very direct competition. I don’t know why Sig or S&W in particular have attempted an actual 10ish oz double stack .380. But I bet the Sig is very pleasant to shoot. I dunno, I love my 365’s but I’ve never shot the .380. If they released a 365Micro or whatever I’d be all over it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I've tried a few pocket .380s but the LCP 2 and Sig P238 are the ones I kept and still have a use for even with the advent of micro 9s. I'm sure the Max is on par with the LCP 2 but it's actually taller than a Hellcat which is an immediate DQ for my needs. If you're exclusively looking at a. 380 the Max is probably the best choice though.

Of the two, the P238 is definitely the better shooter, but the LCP 2 is just fine and conceals a little easier.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#26]
The PPK/s is a timeless classic. I do have to admit the tiny sights are a bit of a drawback for me, as is the bite from the slide, but damn it's an accurate, reliable pistol.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Colt Mustang  from early 90's.
I used to carry it in back pocket of jeans.
But went to G-26 about 2003 or so.  Glocks are more reliable....
Have carried G-26's since then.
" />
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've tried a few pocket .380s but the LCP 2 and Sig P238 are the ones I kept and still have a use for even with the advent of micro 9s. I'm sure the Max is on par with the LCP 2 but it's actually taller than a Hellcat which is an immediate DQ for my needs. If you're exclusively looking at a. 380 the Max is probably the best choice though.

Of the two, the P238 is definitely the better shooter, but the LCP 2 is just fine and conceals a little easier.
View Quote

The LCP is 4.12” tall with flush fit magazine. The Springfield Hellcat is 4”. I can’t imagine an 1/8th of an inch being a big deal but I guess the buck has to stop somewhere.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#29]
P238.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#30]
This little feller has been great so far.  I wasn't to wild about it until I added the pocket clip.  My normal concealed carry is a Glock 26.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#32]
2nd Gen LCP (not the II or the Max) with shorter trigger pull and bigger sights.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:14:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If you can get one that works, absolutely. I say that because my CM9 was irredeemable even after multiple factory trips. They're great little pistols if one gets a reliable one. It's a shame mine wasn't and I'm just a bit soured from the brand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kahr P380

If you can get one that works, absolutely. I say that because my CM9 was irredeemable even after multiple factory trips. They're great little pistols if one gets a reliable one. It's a shame mine wasn't and I'm just a bit soured from the brand.
I'm sort of a mix. My CW380 has always been a FTF machine even after years of trying every thing imaginable to make it reliable.

However, my CM9 has had zero issues through 1200+ rounds.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#34]
P3AT
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Glock 42 is not pocket sized, so I voted LCP 2
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#36]
I know everybody hates Kimber, but their micro 380 is actually a winner. It functions great, very accurate, and looks much more like a normal 1911 vs the Sig 238 and Colt Mustang. If you go and read actual reviews on the Kimber micro, reviews are very positive and often higher than other common 380's like the LCP, etc.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I know everybody hates Kimber, but their micro 380 is actually a winner. It functions great, very accurate, and looks much more like a normal 1911 vs the Sig 238 and Colt Mustang. If you go and read actual reviews on the Kimber micro, reviews are very positive and often higher than other common 380's like the LCP, etc.

https://i.postimg.cc/pdGdYwTG/micro-twotone-catpro.png
View Quote

That was my pick too. I also have the Micro 9.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#38]
CZ-83
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:04:30 PM EDT
[#39]
G42 in a BFG pocket holster. Also runs great in a Galco Ankle Glove.

Stick some Taran Tactical basepads on, +1 flush or a +2 extended for better results near the edge of the precious.

Suarez "Faceshooter" straight trigger blade and some  Dawson Precision fiber front black rear carry sights make it even better.

Frickin love my 42...
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Poll fail, no Kahr CW380
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:06:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Not a Glock guy but I was impressed with the 42. Barely any recoil
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:11:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Kahr ct380
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:11:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
A 9mm pistol! Have to stay vigilant and chase the 9mm and snub nose revolver bros out of the thread. Yes we all know 9mm has better performance than .380 ACP.
View Quote

That all depends on the round used.  Some of those .380s perform better than some 9mm rounds.  And not as good as others.

I had a KT P380 but like the MAX a lot more.  Both of mine are reliable but the MAX was much better ergonomically, has a larger mag cap, and 87x better sights.  Just wish it had a threaded barrel...
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:15:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Poll fail.

View Quote

"And from the distant past rises a contender!"

I would carry that just to feel classy as fuck!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

https://cdn.rockislandauction.com/dev_cdn/51/522.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Poll fail.

https://cdn.rockislandauction.com/dev_cdn/51/522.jpg

ThTs not gonna fit in the front pocket of my short shorts.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Poll fail, no Kahr CW380
View Quote

The only one who has failed is you in your inability to read the first post which clearly articulated why the Kahr CW380 was not in the poll.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:26:22 PM EDT
[#47]
None of the above.  If I have to stick a gun in a pocket, it’ll be a J-frame.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#48]
1.  Ruger LCP Max
2.  Taurus 738
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Bersa
View Quote

Yup.

I like my Thunder.  But it's prone to FTFs if not kept squeaky clean, even after shooting only half a box of ammo.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:34:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Seecamp
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top