Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:52:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope. Only an idiot would think he's one of our greatest threats. There are thousands of things that are greater threats to The Republic than Alex jones.
View Quote

Specifically the gay frogs.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:53:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Is ok for a woman to accuse a guy of rape only to recant her story 5 years later after the guy has already spent 2 years in jail?
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:54:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a deep distrust in our government. Which is why I'm not gleeful about someone who has sowed seeds of distrust getting taken down, as so many a small minority of members here are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Made a lot of people question the intentions of their own government."

Not a huge fan of his, but he's not wrong with that.

After all that we've learned about our "government", how can you not question their intentions OP?
I have a deep distrust in our government. Which is why I'm not gleeful about someone who has sowed seeds of distrust getting taken down, as so many a small minority of members here are.

He should have left his comments focused on the government.

Instead he shit on completely innocent private people who had their 1st graders mowed down by a fucking whacko.

Being completely bankrupt is a light sentence for him. If I lost my kid and Alex Jones harassed my family over it, the poor house would be the least of his problems.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:54:42 PM EDT
[#4]
If you tell lies that cause people problems you are liable.  Alex jones did that.  Did he do 45 million dollars worth of harm?  I don't think so.  I'm not. Concerned with him facing consequences for his actions in a lawsuit.  I'm concerned that the amount he will lose is so disproportionate it could suppress free speech in fear of lawsuits.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:55:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Our forefathers envisioned a system of government under which a large man from Texas could get an internet connection and say whatever kind of crazy shit they want. If he's responsible for anyone bugging the parents of the kids then whatsherbutt is responsible for Steve Scalise getting shot (the crazy black bitch senator or whatever from LA, you know...the thing!).
View Quote
Yep.

Imagine being the person who had to break the news that Nayirah was bullshitting people. I'd be afraid to break the news for fear of being wrong, and then sued by a bunch of pissed off nurses that really did witness babies being thrown from incubators.
Alex Jone's lawsuit is a major curtailing of Free Speech, Free thought.

The mainstream media gets away with waaaaaaay worse than what Alex Jones did. Alex Jones merely suggested the possibility the shooting a faked government operation.

People on this forum keep talking about "posting names and addresses" which Alex Jones never did. But the media absolutely fucking does do shit like this... and they get away with it all the time.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:56:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Alex Jones is one of this country's gravest threats. He has spread disinformation and lies and made a lot of people question the intentions of their own government and leaders. Are you glad that the legal system is finally bringing one of our country's biggest blights to justice?
View Quote

I swear I just heard Dick Cheney say this.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:57:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So you're admitting it... nice.
View Quote

No.  But you know the path you're heading down.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:59:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I do, but I don't fault others for not seeing it. There's a lot of dumb going around.
View Quote
You must have ventured into the other AJ thread full of NPC's.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:59:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you tell lies that cause people problems you are liable.  Alex jones did that.  Did he do 45 million dollars worth of harm?  I don't think so.  I'm not. Concerned with him facing consequences for his actions in a lawsuit.  I'm concerned that the amount he will lose is so disproportionate it could suppress free speech in fear of lawsuits.
View Quote

Speech that causes harm to private people should be suppressed.

The First Amendment doesn't give you the right to shit on private people without consequence. Ask Alexander Hamilton.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:01:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Never drank his cool aid

If he lied like every other MSM scum, then he deserves every inch of that BBC in his prison cell!
View Quote

Your post points out the unfairness. Everyone on TV lies. Everyone on the internet lies. Big gov demands you believe their lies and their lying liars who spread them, under threat of being called a name such as a XXX-denier or a Qtard, or even a raciss, but they punish you if you believe Alex's lies or if you're Alex they punish you for telling your lies (which were CLEARLY intended as entertainment for anyone with an IQ over 50). When they tell lies on MSNBC and that sends people out "hunting nazis" or whatever no one thinks of punishing Rachel Maddow with a $50M verdict.

And you fantasizing about a white man being fucked in the ass by a black guy in jail tells me every last thing I need to know about you.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:02:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Alex may be an asshole, but I think it is Bullshit,  how does the 1st Ammendment not protect him?

If lying can get you sued I want to sue every politician, and damn near every "news" reporter.

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:02:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Don't be wearing skimpy outfits if you don't like the attention champ
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:03:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No.

I have issues with Jones. Using one of his supplements turned out to be one of the worst things I did to my body and he rants far too much while delivering too little information. But the information I learned from guests on his show has been extremely useful for me.
View Quote

You for real ordered a product from infowars and put it in your body?

I didn't know anyone did that.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Alex may be an asshole, but I think it is Bullshit,  how does the 1st Ammendment not protect him?

If lying can get you sued I want to sue every politician, and damn near every "news" reporter.

View Quote

There's this thing called defamation.  It's been around for a minute or two.  The 1st doesn't protect defamatory speech.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:07:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I remember when the leftists had this tattooed on their foreheads

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:09:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
In light of what happened, no one would ever dare to question someone like "Nurse Nayirah" ever again.

* A LOT* of horrible things we learn about governments or people... oftentimes start off with nothing more than someone suggesting the possibility of something being the case... then people looking deeper into it, and finding out either:

A. Theres nothing to it.
B. There is something to it.

Alex Jones, in fact, came to the first conclusion... and then spent considerable effort in telling people that there was nothing to it.

There was a time when suggesting that the Chinese government was murdering people in order to harvest their organs... was a fringe crackpot theory. I was an earlier believer in that "Conspiracy theory". Now... we know that China is the only country on earth, where you can schedule an organ transplant and it has the shortest wait times in the world. A Major NGO that deals with organ transplants has stated openly... that its impossible to accomplish either of those feats without people essentially being executed on demand ... just for their organs. Pair that with the fact that we know many many Uighurs dissappear and are never heard from again... and the fact that they're they *ONLY* Ethnic group that is required to submit to government mandated "health screenings"...

We have irrefutable evidence now. But there was a time when such accusations were mostly based off of mere suspicions and rumors.

By quashing and crushing people when they're *WRONG* about something, it chills free speech about things that perhaps might be true. This allows real crimes and real horrors cover... because investigators might be too afraid to suggest anything until they have more solid evidence.

Now some might say "Good! Don't say anything until you have solid 100% proof!" Problem is, this then means we have less discussion about issues which might bring out more evidence in the proceedings of such discussion.
*I* might have some information about something, but might not have enough evidence to really feel "justified" to talk about it... but if I did anyway, perhaps someone else might be emboldened and come out and provide their tidbit of information, and then others do the same. Eventually what started off with something that had nothing but "suspicions and a couple weird details here and there", becomes a more solid picture.

By crushing someone for merely entertaining the possibility of something being the case, it quashes conversations that need to happen... conversations that might reveal something.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:10:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So you're admitting it... nice.

Its OK For you to skirt the CoC... but you'll report anyone who does the same with you...

Theres a word for people like that in normal society.
How does it feel to know the rules don't apply to you?

Must feel great.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:11:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Instead he shit on completely innocent private people who had their 1st graders mowed down by a fucking whacko.

Being completely bankrupt is a light sentence for him. If I lost my kid and Alex Jones harassed my family over it, the poor house would be the least of his problems.
View Quote

Saying dumb shit on the internet isn't the same as harassing someone. The idiots who reached out to those victims' families? THEY harassed someone. Alex Jones sold advertising. If we're seriously going to hold independent businessmen responsible for the actions of gullible listeners then we might as well just get it over with and put a fucking diaper on every man, woman and child in this country and just say everyone is infantilized and no one (except Alex Jones apparently) is responsible for their own actions anymore.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:12:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Its OK For you to skirt the CoC... but you'll report anyone who does the same with you...

Must feel great.
View Quote

I haven’t reported anything.  Just giving you a friendly reminder.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:13:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There's this thing called defamation. It's been around for a minute or two.  The 1st doesn't protect defamatory speech.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's this thing called defamation. It's been around for a minute or two.  The 1st doesn't protect defamatory speech.
A very selectively enforced law, that has been weaponized against anyone who opposes the Cathedral.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:13:09 AM EDT
[#21]
No.  They really are turning the frogs gay!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:13:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I haven't reported anything.  Just giving you a friendly reminder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Must feel great.

I haven't reported anything.  Just giving you a friendly reminder.
Yeah sure. Thanks for reminding us all that you're part of the "protected class" on this forum.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:13:22 AM EDT
[#23]
First they came for Alex. I did not speak up ….
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:14:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

So who's holding Fauci/Pelosi/Biden responsible for the lies they told when they told you that taking their vaccine would prevent your from getting covid? Are we holding Obama responsible for saying that if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor? How about the CBO, are we going to hold them responsible for incorrectly scoring bills and saying that they're cost neutral when everyone in the world knows they're going to cost us TRILLIONS? Shall I go on?

I don't know if it just makes you people feel better to sit here and make excuses for your enemies fucking you over again and again because it relieves you of the burden of fighting for yourselves but to me it reeks of cowardice.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Saying dumb shit on the internet isn't the same as harassing someone. The idiots who reached out to those victims' families? THEY harassed someone. Alex Jones sold advertising. If we're seriously going to hold independent businessmen responsible for the actions of gullible listeners then we might as well just get it over with and put a fucking diaper on every man, woman and child in this country and just say everyone is infantilized and no one (except Alex Jones apparently) is responsible for their own actions anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The difference is the platform and profits.

Alex Jones used his popular platform to push a narrative which he knows was completely false. He even said so himself during court and during his apology video. He profited off the suffering of other people, he spread lies and falsehoods about private individuals to an audience he knows is likely to believe him, and he made accusations about private people he knew to be false without regard to the damages those lies may cause other people.

CNN did it to Rittenhouse, and we cheer a lawsuit because fuck CNN. Nick Sandmann settled with NBC over lies, and we cheer because fuck NBC.

This is no different than those other cases. Private people targeted by the media, and yes Alex Jones is considered part of "the media" in every sense of the word, is wrong and deserves the fullest punishment possible. The same rules we want to apply to CNN and NBC also apply to Infowars.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:21:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The First Amendment doesn't give you the right to shit on private people without consequence. Ask Alexander Hamilton.
View Quote

So the people who made War of the Worlds should've been sued out of existence? People tell lies that cause harm every FUCKING DAY (remember Colin Powell and his lies to get the Iraq War started?) and some of them get awards for it, yet you're fine with ONE GUY who just HAPPENS to be a political enemy of the state being punished for his lies (it's EN TER TAIN MENT! It isn't meant to be believed) and you're going to bless off on it? I'm going to screenshot your post and bring it up later when you're all salty about someone YOU LIKE being suppressed, maybe then you'll see why this verdict matters as far as precedent is concerned.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:23:41 AM EDT
[#27]
The fact that SOME of the outlandish things he has said over the years turned out to be true and right, is down right scary. The fact that he gets as much traction as he does, AND that some of what he says MIGHT be true. Shows the real structural problems we have in our country. He is more a sign or a symptom of a MUCH larger problem. It would be better to make him look the fool he is, than it would be to crush him, that's how he gains credibility, and makes MORE people talk about what happened to him. Crushing free speech is not how you stop or solve the problem.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:25:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So the people who made War of the Worlds should've been sued out of existence? People tell lies that cause harm every FUCKING DAY (remember Colin Powell and his lies to get the Iraq War started?) and some of them get awards for it, yet you're fine with ONE GUY who just HAPPENS to be a political enemy of the state being punished for his lies (it's EN TER TAIN MENT! It isn't meant to be believed) and you're going to bless off on it? I'm going to screenshot your post and bring it up later when you're all salty about someone YOU LIKE being suppressed, maybe then you'll see why this verdict matters as far as precedent is concerned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screen shot all you want. I believe in principle, not worship of idols.

The precedent here is a semi-popular media hack who plays the part of a fictional character to sell vitamin supplements can't use their power and influence to harass private individuals without consequence. I'm perfectly okay with that.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:25:39 AM EDT
[#29]
I've honestly never listened to the guy - ever.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:27:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

By crushing someone for merely entertaining the possibility of something being the case, it quashes conversations that need to happen... conversations that might reveal something.
View Quote

EXACTLY! Just because someone can't prove their theory within 90 seconds of first positing their theory doesn't mean we should shut their mouths of hit them with a $50M lawsuit. Prosecutors get months (if not years) to investigate and assemble their cases because we recognize that investigating shit that other people would rather not have you investigate takes more than a few days or a few weeks. Anyone should be able to say anything they want. If it causes idiots to do harmful acts to other people (revolutionary idea coming up in 3...2...1) PUNISH THE PEOPLE WHO DO HARMFUL ACTS TO OTHER PEOPLE, NOT THE PEOPLE WHOSE SHOWS THEY WATCH!
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:28:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Sticks and stones
May break my bones
But words will never hurt me

Well unless I can make some money off a lawsuit
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:30:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yeah sure. Thanks for reminding us all that you're part of the "protected class" on this forum.
View Quote

You should worry about yourself.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:31:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Alex isn't going anywhere. He'll end up paying 4 or 5 million with the payout caps in TX.  
Even if he was stripped naked and living on the street someone would film him daily bullhorning out of his carboard box and stream it live.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:33:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

There's this thing called defamation.  It's been around for a minute or two.  The 1st doesn't protect defamatory speech.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What was the defamation?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:34:28 AM EDT
[#35]
"Alex Jones used his popular platform to push a narrative which he knows was completely false. "

Under this logic, every mainstream media outlet should be shut down and sued of of existence immediately since the precedent has been set.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:35:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Screen shot all you want. I believe in principle, not worship of idols.

The precedent here is a semi-popular media hack who plays the part of a fictional character to sell vitamin supplements can't use their power and influence to harass private individuals without consequence. I'm perfectly okay with that.
View Quote

Neat principles, some guy says something, some nutcases do something and now the guy who said something is responsible for the actions of people he's never even met.

I believe in being responsible for your own shit and not blaming your stupid actions on other people you saw on TV. I believe in punishing the guilty for their crimes, not the guy who the guilty guy listens to on the way to work.

This place is full of cowardice.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:36:24 AM EDT
[#37]
That man is a national treasure.

Never really heard what he said about sandy hook and alex has been known to fly off the handle but this should be a free country.

Millions of dollars for emotional loss due to some crazy tall show host is bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:36:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
"Alex Jones used his popular platform to push a narrative which he knows was completely false. "

Under this logic, every mainstream media outlet should be shut down and sued of of existence immediately since the precedent has been set.
View Quote

Okay, at least this guy gets it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:37:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So who's holding Fauci/Pelosi/Biden responsible for the lies they told when they told you that taking their vaccine would prevent your from getting covid? Are we holding Obama responsible for saying that if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor? How about the CBO, are we going to hold them responsible for incorrectly scoring bills and saying that they're cost neutral when everyone in the world knows they're going to cost us TRILLIONS? Shall I go on?

I don't know if it just makes you people feel better to sit here and make excuses for your enemies fucking you over again and again because it relieves you of the burden of fighting for yourselves but to me it reeks of cowardice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats different. Those are your rulers. They're allowed to lie to you.
If they want to lie to you to get you to sacrifice your sons and daughters to a war started over a lie... that's their right!
But don't you *DARE* ever even suggest the government would ever do a false flag... nevermind the track record.

Never again will someone like Nayirah be questioned... for fear of being wrong and then ruined financially.

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:37:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Alex Jones is one of this country's gravest threats. He has spread disinformation and lies and made a lot of people question the intentions of their own government and leaders. Are you glad that the legal system is finally bringing one of our country's biggest blights to justice?
View Quote

those who schadenfreude Jones need to be noted

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:37:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Better start your list then.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:39:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im not even sure that's proven.

Alex Jones believed it was a possibility at the time, and merely suggested it might be possible. He later retracted it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:39:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

noted

the flair fits
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:39:25 AM EDT
[#44]
I like Alex Jones. I always find his show entertaining the times I've listened to it
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:43:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Glad? No.

Apathetic? Yes.

Quoted:

View Quote

Your note taking, is noted*

*as being fucking weird that you’ve needed to mention you are doing it in multiple threads.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:44:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I forgot, it's not my place to sit here and make proclamations about what I think freedom and liberty is, it's my place to sit here in front of my TV and to agree with the pretty people on TV who tell me what to thing.

"This Alex Jones, he very bad man. He say mean thing, the people, they no can tell difference so they go do mean thing to sad man. It ALex Jones fault! Alex Jones BAD MAN, make him a pay a lots of money to sad man and sad man lawyer. Mostly to sad man lawyer. I know is true for it was on TV and the internet, I no have a to think for self, no have a to be mad"
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:44:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If they want to lie to you to get you to sacrifice your sons and daughters to a war started over a lie... that's they're right!
But don't you *DARE* ever even suggest the government would ever do a false flag... nevermind the track record.

Never again will someone like Nayirah be questioned... for fear of being wrong and then ruined financially.

View Quote

That's why this whole thing is being so publicized. The Implications are obvious.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:45:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Never mind, same team
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:49:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Glad? No.

Apathetic? Yes.

*as being fucking weird that you’ve needed to mention you are doing it in multiple threads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Glad? No.

Apathetic? Yes.

Quoted:

noted
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:51:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

noted
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glad? No.

Apathetic? Yes.

Quoted:

noted

Noted
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top