Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 9/27/2021 1:46:51 AM EDT
story

Thousands of police and soldiers  people professionally trained in the use of violence and familiar with military protocols  are part of an extremist effort to undermine the U.S. government and subvert the democratic process.
According to an investigative report published in the Atlantic in November into a leaked database kept by the Oath Keepers  one of several far-right and white supremacist militias that stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6  10% of Oath Keepers are current police officers or military members. Another significant portion of the group's membership is retired military and law enforcement personnel.
The hate group  founded by a former Army paratrooper after Barack Obama's 2008 election  claimed "an improbable 30,000 members who were said to be mostly current and former military, law enforcement and emergency first responders" in 2016, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.
The Three Percenters, another militia present at the Capitol on Jan. 6, also draws a substantial portion of its members from law enforcement, both military and civilian. Larry Brock, a pro-Trump rioter arrested with zip-tie handcuffs, allegedly for taking hostages, is a retired Air Force lieutenant colonel who posted content from the Three Percenters online.
The militia movement is a militarized stream of the American far-right. Its members promote an ideology that undermines the authority and legitimacy of the federal government and stockpile weapons.
When militia members have a professional background with the military or police, it enhances the ability of these groups to execute sophisticated and successful operations. It also helps them convey a patriotic image that obscures the security threat they present.

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:49:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Okay.  Not sure where this leads...
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:50:13 AM EDT
[#2]
That’s funny, because I see their side as the side that is more coordinated and being more capable of violence based on what I’ve seen in Oregon and another places were antifa operates.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:51:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Since your thread title has alerted every three letter agency, I say Fuck you to all of them!  
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:52:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn't know when I became a Police Officer I was expected to give up my rights of Freedom to Assemble.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:53:49 AM EDT
[#5]
OFFS oath keepers are not a hate group
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:54:34 AM EDT
[#6]
SPLC has...an agenda
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:55:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Southern Poverty Lie Center.  They got a couple of the buzz-worthy orgs smeared in there.  They forgot the Knights of Columbus and their assault swords.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:56:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Paper tiger.

When did militias start offering dental plans?
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:14:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:16:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:17:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That’s funny, because I see their side as the side that is more coordinated and being more capable of violence based on what I’ve seen in Oregon and another places were antifa operates.
View Quote

The militant wing of the left is good at getting a lot of people out to one location, and has the capability to commit lower-level violence and property damage on a large scale simply by virtue of numbers. They’ve also shown that they can perform very basic “tactical” maneuvers.

However, in most cases they aren’t going against a real opponent with real numbers. If it was game on/gloves off with even some of the goofier groups of the militant right, I doubt they’d fare well, even with vastly superior numbers.

That said, it’d still be a very bad idea to underestimate them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:19:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Further down they neglect to mention the the KKK was a Democrat organization.

And never mention that one of their exalted leader a lefty favorite, Senator Byrd.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:22:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I didn't know when I became a Police Officer I was expected to give up my rights of Freedom to Assemble.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:23:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I couldn't even read through the whole thing. I reads like bad Chinese propaganda.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:30:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Offs oath keepers are not a hate group.
View Quote

I honestly thought "Oath Keepers" and "Three Percenters" were just lifestyle brands like Grunt Style or Salt Life.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:30:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:36:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I honestly thought "Oath Keepers" and "Three Percenters" were just lifestyle brands like Grunt Style or Salt Life.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Offs oath keepers are not a hate group.

You're closer to correct than the dipshits in that article
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:37:19 AM EDT
[#18]
It’s like they just realized that maybe being antagonistic might not be the way to go
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:41:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Divide and conquer. Hate the so-called right? Then embrace the government and its woke military and idiots like the FBI. Federal gov, with the help of Big Tech, is gearing up for a full blown civil war.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:42:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol nope. I was a member back in 2010 LMAO!
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:44:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Divide and conquer. Hate the so-called right? Then embrace the government and its woke military and idiots like the FBI. Federal gov, with the help of Big Tech, is gearing up for a full blown civil war.
View Quote

I mean, that's what the leader of the Oath Keepers did.

https://amgreatness.com/2021/09/25/times-reveals-fbi-role-in-january-6/
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:48:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Lol, SPLC report…which means a group of leftist attorneys that hate everyone that isn’t them and had to kick their own founder out for lewd sexual behavior with minors and may have to kick a couple more high ranking members out too…they also got caught hiding millions of dollars from taxation in offshore accounts…they’re lying sacks of shit that have multiple libel suits against them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:51:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I mean, that's what the leader of the Oath Keepers did.

https://amgreatness.com/2021/09/25/times-reveals-fbi-role-in-january-6/
View Quote

So every member of Oathkeepers is a big bad nasty domestic terrorist?
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:52:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like they want a Federal police force so the left can do away with those pesky local jurisdictions and centralize the chain of command.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:55:20 AM EDT
[#25]
A SPLC chick sucked my dick once.

She had talent.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:55:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a narrative.  They are trying to drive it and stay in front of the ball.  They scared though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:57:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Sounds like they want a Federal police force so the left can do away with those pesky local jurisdictions and centralize the chain of command.
View Quote

And use the military and FBI to do it.

War cometh.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 3:01:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or white supremacist.  They just have to bash anyone that doesn’t like their communist assault on the Constitution.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 3:04:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
SPLC has...an agenda
View Quote

SPLC: A hate group that exists solely to accuse other people of being hate groups.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 3:15:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Sounds like they need to pump those numbers up.  Need more military and police members.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 3:16:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So every member of Oathkeepers is a big bad nasty domestic terrorist?
View Quote

No, they're simply stupid if they remain members after their leader was revealed to be a federal informant. I'd be asking the question of exactly when Rhodes decided to be a snitch.

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 3:27:57 AM EDT
[#32]
100 loners out of a million...
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 3:36:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

SPLC: A hate group that exists solely to accuse other people of being hate groups.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:36:23 AM EDT
[#34]
What percentage of them are plants?

Agent provocateurs of you will.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:40:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
story

Thousands of police and soldiers  people professionally trained in the use of violence and familiar with military protocols  are part of an extremist effort to undermine the U.S. government and subvert the democratic process.
According to an investigative report published in the Atlantic in November into a leaked database kept by the Oath Keepers  one of several far-right and white supremacist militias that stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6  10% of Oath Keepers are current police officers or military members. Another significant portion of the group's membership is retired military and law enforcement personnel.
The hate group  founded by a former Army paratrooper after Barack Obama's 2008 election  claimed "an improbable 30,000 members who were said to be mostly current and former military, law enforcement and emergency first responders" in 2016, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.
The Three Percenters, another militia present at the Capitol on Jan. 6, also draws a substantial portion of its members from law enforcement, both military and civilian. Larry Brock, a pro-Trump rioter arrested with zip-tie handcuffs, allegedly for taking hostages, is a retired Air Force lieutenant colonel who posted content from the Three Percenters online.
The militia movement is a militarized stream of the American far-right. Its members promote an ideology that undermines the authority and legitimacy of the federal government and stockpile weapons.
When militia members have a professional background with the military or police, it enhances the ability of these groups to execute sophisticated and successful operations. It also helps them convey a patriotic image that obscures the security threat they present
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:41:28 AM EDT
[#36]
“Hate group” lol.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:43:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Opposing tyranny is not a sin but a virtue.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:45:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Well? Where the hell they at?
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:50:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
story

...to undermine the U.S. government and subvert the democratic process...
View Quote

The current US government is illegitimate, and the democratic process has already been subverted.

The premise is dumb and everything else is bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:55:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I couldn't even read through the whole thing. I reads like bad Chinese propaganda.
View Quote

The chinese probably wrote it, or at least were "technical advisers" involved in the writing.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:55:59 AM EDT
[#41]
All the "white supremacist" groups need to congeal into a unified homogenized force to be reckoned with is a good dental plan.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:56:59 AM EDT
[#42]
fuck any cop that is willing to enforce tyrannical unconstitutional "laws", including mask mandates, lockdowns, and mandatory testing
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:57:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Those guys are a hate group now?
Based on what?
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:59:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
There's a video of them manuevering with different groups blocking, screening and throwing shit at cops
View Quote

I wonder where they learned those tactics from? Kumbaya sessions at Berkley?
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:59:24 AM EDT
[#45]
If the SPLC says it, it’s probably BS
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:59:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Leftist pedophiles be skeered.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:59:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Those guys are a hate group now?
Based on what?
View Quote
Anyone who opposes the tyrannical left is the enemy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 7:04:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Well, maybe they shouldn't have pissed off people that know how to raise armies and topple governments. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 7:07:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 7:07:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Anything according to the southern poverty law center is bullshit
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top