[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Plume IS mold.

It’s always mold.
View Quote

Yep.  Interesting read on the topic:

Mold Study

That said, small amounts of white mold like that I would brush off and smoke with no worries.  If it's on the foot, I chuck it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Plume IS mold.

It’s always mold.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mold.

Plume is a blue gray color.

ETA: And more uniformly distributed.

Plume IS mold.

It’s always mold.

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:11:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Mold Study

That said, small amounts of white mold like that I would brush off and smoke with no worries.  If it's on the foot, I chuck it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plume IS mold.

It’s always mold.

Mold Study

Same.  

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Plume IS mold.

It’s always mold.
View Quote

I’ve always been told plume is some kinda Uber condition with crystallized oils and sugars. Interesting.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Smoke it, as long as its not green
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 12:11:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Smoke it, as long as its not green
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/19/2021 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I’ve always been told plume is some kinda Uber condition with crystallized oils and sugars. Interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plume IS mold.

It’s always mold.

@bb

Plume is different than mold is one of those things people used "to know", like "they knew" stopping power was a real thing. Aka - anecdotal evidence only. Friends of Habano's (a well known online cigar vendor for cubans) decided to test that theory. They had a lab test a bunch of different cigars. All of them were mold, none of them were the mystical plume. They have a standing invite to be proven wrong, just send your stogie in and they'll test it.

https://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/topic/131757-foh-mould-study/
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@bb

Plume is different than mold is one of those things people used "to know", like "they knew" stopping power was a real thing. Aka - anecdotal evidence only. Friends of Habano's (a well known online cigar vendor for cubans) decided to test that theory. They had a lab test a bunch of different cigars. All of them were mold, none of them were the mystical plume. They have a standing invite to be proven wrong, just send your stogie in and they'll test it.

View Quote

So this is based on a study with a sample size of 10 cigars?
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 2:08:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@bb

As opposed to the sample size of... folksy wisdom?

Those are the choices we've got right now, actual scientific experiments performed in a laboratory on a limited sample size vs old wives tales. If you're holding out on an exhaustive study of thousands of cigars from around the world to change your mind.... we'll both be dead before that happens. If you want to go on believing plume is a real thing with no scientific evidence to support that, at all. Then I won't stand in your way.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 2:17:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Those are the choices we've got right now, actual scientific experiments performed in a laboratory on a limited sample size vs old wives tales. If you're holding out on an exhaustive study of thousands of cigars from around the world to change your mind.... we'll both be dead before that happens. If you want to go on believing plume is a real thing with no scientific evidence to support that, at all. Then I won't stand in your way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@bb

Word.  

They’ve done a few more than 10, and have asked for people to send in cigars that are the best example of showing the mythical “plume.”   They detail this in the post on the FoH page, but when tested - spoiler alert - it always comes back as mold.  

It is what it is.   If it ain’t green or on the foot, wipe it off and light it up.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2021 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Word.  

They’ve done a few more than 10, and have asked for people to send in cigars that are the best example of showing the mythical “plume.”   They detail this in the post on the FoH page, but when tested - spoiler alert - it always comes back as mold.  

It is what it is.   If it ain’t green or on the foot, wipe it off and light it up.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@bb

Word.  

Yeah thats what I was curious about, if they've continued the testing/people sending in cigars
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 2:46:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

@bb

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plume IS mold.

It’s always mold.

@bb

That .gif on page 11 is interesting.

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That .gif on page 11 is interesting.

https://i.imgur.com/HwRWhyn.gif
View Quote

I got a few Padron Family Reserve Maduros recently that had some wrapper sparkle like that.  Some of the best cigars I've ever lit.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:35:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Shot this video yesterday. Need full screen @ 720p to see it sparkle. Very difficult to capture.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top