Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2020 11:27:58 PM EDT
Went to install my dad's new dishwasher and hose. The hose end is a 3/8" compression but the cut-off valve is a 1/4" compression, apparently for an ice maker, not a dishwasher.

Went to Lowes and looked through all their adapters with the plumbing aisle guy and we couldn't find one that would work.

I need an adapter to go from a 3/8" female compression (hose end) to a 1/4" male compression (cut-off valve). I would have thought a bushing type adapter would be common but I haven't found anything.

Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 12:07:25 AM EDT
[#1]
You're trying to hook up from a hot water source I'm assuming.  

All dishwashers I've hooked up with a "T"  off the hot water angle stop for the faucet, with a angle stop dedicated to the dishwasher.

https://images.app.goo.gl/ijQnFz3ezeGRoTJd7

Example
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 12:19:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're trying to hook up from a hot water source I'm assuming.  

All dishwashers I've hooked up with a "T"  off the hot water angle stop for the faucet, with a angle stop dedicated to the dishwasher.

https://images.app.goo.gl/ijQnFz3ezeGRoTJd7

Example
View Quote

All that is done, just the angle stop/cut-off is smaller than standard.

The available dishwasher hoses were 3/8" to 3/8" - or - 1/4" to 1/4''.

I bought the 3/8" hose and need an adapter on one end.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 12:28:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an old ass dishwasher that I had to put a plastic hose fitting from the valve and a rubber automotive fuel line slipped over it and the copper line from the old dishwasher fitting. It works but isnt correct.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have an old ass dishwasher that I had to put a plastic hose fitting from the valve and a rubber automotive fuel line slipped over it and the copper line from the old dishwasher fitting. It works but isnt correct.
View Quote

Dang, hope it doesn't come to that.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 4:22:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Found this one.

The description is correct but the picture is wrong. Hope it works.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 9:02:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Can you change out the shutoff valve for the dishwasher? It's worth it if it isn't soldered on. Then it's just a pain.

Also, read the manual. Some modern dishwashers require a minimum 3/8" feed line and void the warranty if you use smaller.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can you change out the shutoff valve for the dishwasher? It's worth it if it isn't soldered on. Then it's just a pain.

Also, read the manual. Some modern dishwashers require a minimum 3/8" feed line and void the warranty if you use smaller.
View Quote

It's an in-line valve on 1/2" pex. I could cut it out and re-crimp top and bottom but didn't have any luck finding the right (pex) valve at Lowes either.  Guess it's the next step if the adapter doesn't get the job done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top