Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/13/2022 8:41:52 AM EDT
Looking to find a PS5, is it worth the price? Where to buy for a good deal?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#1]
gotta check walmart, best buy, target, gamestop and sony direct daily.
took a few months but i was able to get a ps5 disc system from gamestop and sony for regular price.
sold one to a coworker for her kids' christmas at cost and i kept the second one.
did the same with the xbox series x.  one for me and one for my son to keep at his mom's house.

i only got the ps5 to play ff7remake and last of us 2 since my daughter "borrowed" my ps4.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#2]
checking those places now, thanks man and if you see one floating available send me an IM
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 11:01:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
checking those places now, thanks man and if you see one floating available send me an IM
View Quote

Other threads related to this. Also sign up on PSN for promotional emails. Randomly, you may get an invite to special invite only event, where you'll have a better chance of buying one.  A few others and myself were able to pick up a PS5 this way.

Also, sign up here.  https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/sonyps5/
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Other threads related to this. Also sign up on PSN for promotional emails. Randomly, you may get an invite to special invite only event, where you'll have a better chance of buying one.  A few others and myself were able to pick up a PS5 this way.

Also, sign up here.  https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/sonyps5/
View Quote

This is the way I went. I like my PS5 at the normal retail prices; I would pay the inflated bullshit prices for one. It took me a couple of tries with Sony but within a few weeks of signing up for their promos I had one being shipped out to me.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Go create an account on Sonys PlayStation site https://www.playstation.com/en-us/   opt-in for marketing emails and wait, you will eventually get an invite link
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I want one also but never get lucky.  If you are a Walmart plus customer and not on free trial a paying customer they will be available at 3 today online only.  I’m not a member but if you want it bad enough that is an option today
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:38:24 PM EDT
[#7]
link to sign up for notification is 404............damn these commies
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
link to sign up for notification is 404............damn these commies
View Quote

Works fine for me. In your PSN account, go to account settings >  notifications > receive via email> click save.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Honestly right now I wouldn't worry about buying a PS5. Not too many games out for it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:48:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Honestly right now I wouldn't worry about buying a PS5. Not too many games out for it.
View Quote

Aye but there’s a ton coming in March

Plus right now the FF7 remake gets a free PS5 upgrade. Miles Morales and Spider-Man remastered are excellent. Demons Souls if you like that type of game. The built in robot game is more fun than it has any right to be with the crazy new controller features.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:33:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Go create an account on Sonys PlayStation site https://www.playstation.com/en-us/   opt-in for marketing emails and wait, you will eventually get an invite link
View Quote

This is how I got one for my nephew. It was almost exactly one month from signup until I got the invite to buy. I got a Series X about a week later by following Matt Swider on Twitter.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1 on this.  Got mine about a month after I signed up.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 11:31:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought my PS5 from Amazon. Follow a guy on Twitter, CheapAssGamer. He does updates on re-stock and who has them in stock. Its also retail prices and not scalpers. I am really liking my PS5, a lot. I have not owned a consoles or played games since the original Xbox was released. I built a Raspberry Pi emulator and got back into gaming but more retro gaming. The PS5 was my ticket back into modern games. It is totally worth it, at least from my stand point.

I highly recommend the game The Last of Us Remastered. Such a great game. I have twenty games to play and so far The Last of Us is the only gaming I'm playing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 10:02:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The built in robot game is more fun than it has any right to be with the crazy new controller features.
View Quote

This. And my daughter loves it, and its great for her to get that hand-eye coordination with all the stuff the game has you do. She'll be ready for CoD in no time
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#15]
I signed up on the PSN site and got the invite after a couple of weeks.

I bought it for my adult son.

I like winning.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 10:45:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is how I got a PS5 at MSRP just before Christmas.

Don't know if you have kids, but pay attention to what account you log into the store with... I thought my kid's PSN account got the invite but it was mine.  Logged into the store with his account showed out-of-stock minutes after the drop; figured out the issue, logged in with mine, and purchased without further problems.  Whole thing was a little frustrating but was better than paying scalpers.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 1:31:57 AM EDT
[#17]
I signed up on PSN months ago and have not received an invitation yet.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just got the invitation via email to register for a 'chance' to purchase one from Sony.

I think this is the 3rd/4th time I've gotten this offer, finally registering for it, assuming my chances of being selected are 1 in a 1000.

View Quote
Be there the minute the purchase window opens.

Make sure you are logged into the store with the account you got the invitation from, otherwise it will show out-of-stock.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I followed Matt Swider on Twitter, but he's changed jobs, no idea if it's still good.

I eventually got one from Amazon via the Treasure Truck (which, post COVID, isn't really a truck full of stuff anymore and they just ship it to you...)

As stated, not much worthwhile right now. I got the FF7 Remake Intergrade, and that's all I have for it that I couldn't have gotten on PS4.

With the continuing lack of availability, I think we'll continue to see dual releases, possibly with lower graphics for the PS4 people. I just don't see how game developers can do anything else and expect to sell games.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I signed up on PSN months ago and have not received an invitation yet.
View Quote

check to be sure spam filter isnt killing you
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Make sure you are logged into the store with the account you got the invitation from, otherwise it will show out-of-stock.

Good luck!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just got the invitation via email to register for a 'chance' to purchase one from Sony.

I think this is the 3rd/4th time I've gotten this offer, finally registering for it, assuming my chances of being selected are 1 in a 1000.

Good luck!

This. I signed up for the offer, had email within maybe 2 weeks or so and did the above.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I check my spam multiple times a day, i must just be unlucky.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I check my spam multiple times a day, i must just be unlucky.
View Quote

i have gotten 2 emails so far since release.
second time i logged in the top of the page said you can only get one per household.
i know 2 guys locally that got them in the last couple months.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#25]
I've signed up to the site and got an email from Sony saying sign up if you're interested in getting a PS5 but I haven't gotten a Winner,Winner Chicken dinner email yet.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll throw one more thing out there to sign up for:

The Newegg Shuffle.

It's a random drawing that I've never won that they do daily on high-demand items. Mostly Video cards, but the PS5's and Xbox's are in there, also.

They're also often packaged with a bunch of other stuff you have to buy, which drives up the price, but I would also think in theory drops down the number of people signing up.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Well guess who got the invite yesterday but didn't realize it until today? Too late to the party. I signed up again but who knows if I will get another shot.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 2:57:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Was selected by Sony for the PSN members sale (4 times invited, first time selected to purchase).

Gets here tomorrow, along with a 1TB expansion M.2.

Going today to pick up a second controller.
View Quote

So you got invited 4 times but only one time to actually buy or got invited 4 times and only bought once?
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 4:31:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 4:41:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Was invited 4 times, took up the offer twice, this last offer I was selected.

Installed an M.2 1TB SSD after initially setting it up,

currently transferring everything from my PS4 over to it, (son gets the PS4 now in his room).

Amazing how fast the bootup, load, response time is on the system, I guess I just got used to the PS3 and 4 with conventional harddrives for so long.
View Quote

Good stuff.  I'll keep doing the register for invite thing and see how it works out.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#32]
I signed up a few weeks ago through Sony and just got an email invite. It has a link to click for tomorrow between 11am-4pm. I’ve never been much of a video game person but thought it would be fun to play racing games so I’ll order Gran Tourismo 7.
I was talking to one of the guys  that works with me and he told me he’s been signed up for a while  and still hasn’t received an email from Sony…he’s a huge video game guy
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#33]
thats great. prep before logging in. log in at exactly opening time of the window and have your credit card right thee to minimize the time used to place your order.
not sure if it makes a difference but its what i did.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 11:04:22 PM EDT
[#34]
I got the invite for tomorrow, as well.  This is my second invite. I received one  back in January but I didn’t try to purchase.  I’m going to try to pick one up this time.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 11:05:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
thats great. prep before logging in. log in at exactly opening time of the window and have your credit card right thee to minimize the time used to place your order.
not sure if it makes a difference but its what i did.
View Quote

I did the same, but IIRC, you have something like 10 minutes to buy a PS5, once it's been added to your cart.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:15:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I did the same, but IIRC, you have something like 10 minutes to buy a PS5, once it's been added to your cart.
View Quote

Lol I can’t even get on the site. It’s either server errors or redirect errors. I’ve been trying for 15 mins now. Apparently they invited quite a few people to participate in the event.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Same.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:19:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I signed up on the PSN site and got the invite after a couple of weeks.
View Quote

Same here, around August of last year. It was pretty fast from sign-up to invite.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Same.
View Quote

I wasn’t so set on getting one before, not being a video game player. But now, after sitting here and clicking on the link and closing out the error window and clicking on the link again for upwards of 30 minutes…now I really want it lol.

Well, 4 hours later it finally let me in only to show all of their systems were sold out. What a complete waste of my time. I feel like a complete moron and Sony can kiss my ass for having such a fucked up system in place. Why even send out invites if you can’t access the site to be able to take advantage of the invite?

Another update…after I throws out my little rant I went back to the Sony page and noticed that two separate order pages were there. The other had the PS5 and GT7 there so I hit submit and it went through!

Sony is ok again!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#40]
That awesome.  I tried all the way up until four o’clock.  Kept getting the same two errors.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:20:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I wasn’t so set on getting one before, not being a video game player. But now, after sitting here and clicking on the link and closing out the error window and clicking on the link again for upwards of 30 minutes…now I really want it lol.

Well, 4 hours later it finally let me in only to show all of their systems were sold out. What a complete waste of my time. I feel like a complete moron and Sony can kiss my ass for having such a fucked up system in place. Why even send out invites if you can’t access the site to be able to take advantage of the invite?

Another update…after I throws out my little rant I went back to the Sony page and noticed that two separate order pages were there. The other had the PS5 and GT7 there so I hit submit and it went through!

Sony is ok again!!
View Quote

Grats!
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#42]
I have owned EVERY single PlayStation console since PS1 came out except for PS5.

I flat out refuse to spend every waking moment dedicated to buying Sony's PlayStation 5.  Signing up for Twitter to follow accounts. Going into PlayStation Store or whatever at a specific quietly disclosed time of day to get into some damn lottery like que draw for the ability to buy one at full price?  F' that.  

I honestly feel like there should be an all out boycott for Sony PlayStation.  It's been years and the excuse that there is a shortage of processors and graphic cards just isn't flying anymore.  Sony can't get their shit together in years?  I think what pissed me off most was the announcement that they're doing a PS5 slim soon, they can't even get the main console out and they want to add a second console to their PS5 lineup?

I think anyone who goes to that level of dedication to purchase a gaming console is straight up insane.  Anyone who is paying the scalpers on ebay over retail is insane.

I might be out of gaming for good.  I don't see any new games that are interesting in the slightest.  "The Last of Us 2" was a total shit show of SJW crap.  "Cyberpunk" was and from as far as I can tell still a mess.  I can almost guarantee that when CDPR does Witcher 4 or whatever they'll call the sequel  it will not have Geralt as the Protagonist replacing him most likely with a woman. What the Hell is supposed to motivate any sane individual to go to dedicate so much of his life to purchasing a PS5?

I've considered building a gaming PC, but that would be a massive expense and for what? Old games, a handful of half baked half developed FPSs, and a ton of game I have zero interest in.  Seems like the gaming industry has become so lazy it just pumps out half finished games and the people are like "well, good enough for me so take my money."

Link Posted: 4/26/2022 9:35:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Signed up at Sony to buy one direct about a month ago.

only reason I want one is GT7.

Still waiting...........................................
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Looking to find a PS5, is it worth the price? Where to buy for a good deal?
View Quote

Get the Hotstock app and turn on alerts for the PS5.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Got one yesterday from Sony direct buy. Was surprised I was able to get one. If you get the email from Sony then be sure to jump on it. Amazon has an invite only option as well that you register for (Prime only). Walmart+ had some every now and then (It's a a crap shoot if you get one). Seems like easiest option is Sony direct.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 3:08:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Got one yesterday from Sony direct buy. Was surprised I was able to get one. If you get the email from Sony then be sure to jump on it. Amazon has an invite only option as well that you register for (Prime only). Walmart+ had some every now and then (It's a a crap shoot if you get one). Seems like easiest option is Sony direct.
View Quote

Yep, I got mine from Sony yesterday. It’s out for delivery now. This is my 2nd PS5. One for the living room, one for the den.

I’m shocked at how long they stayed in stock yesterday. The Horizon bundle, at least. I think it was almost 3hrs before they sold out. I didn’t want the bundle and have no idea what kind of game Horizon is, but for $50 more than the standalone console, I’ll just consider it a $50 surcharge.

The Amazon invite system isn’t for Prime only. Anyone can request an invitation, and who gets an actual invite seems to be completely random, it posts I’m reading elsewhere are true. It certainly isn’t “first come, first serve”.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yep, I got mine from Sony yesterday. It’s out for delivery now. This is my 2nd PS5. One for the living room, one for the den.

I’m shocked at how long they stayed in stock yesterday. The Horizon bundle, at least. I think it was almost 3hrs before they sold out. I didn’t want the bundle and have no idea what kind of game Horizon is, but for $50 more than the standalone console, I’ll just consider it a $50 surcharge.

The Amazon invite system isn’t for Prime only. Anyone can request an invitation, and who gets an actual invite seems to be completely random, it posts I’m reading elsewhere are true. It certainly isn’t “first come, first serve”.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, anyone with Prime can get in on the Amazon thing.  I follow a sneaker twitter that alerted me to a restock and I finally hit.

One thing I noticed though, having the PS5 saved to your shopping list will help out.  I had to keep reloading multiple times until I carted and checked out.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Love it

Worth it

I have had every playstation since the first.

I am 45 and will own them till i die.

Waiting on a wheel and sim setup for gt7.

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Love it

Worth it

I have had every playstation since the first.

I am 45 and will own them till i die.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top