Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2020 10:10:36 PM EDT
Last 20 plus years our plainclothes Dept has been required to wear shirt and ties every day regardless of activity.

We do a lot of in and out of cars and houses doing searches and physical activity. It’s gets hot and sweaty and uncomfortable really fast.

Just talked the boss in to going to polos with the badge and dept. on it.

I have two BeltMan belts I wear every day with a Glock 45 and a Raven Concealment Phantom or Safariland ALS holster.

I’d like to go to a outer/inner belt set up that a little more adjustable than my leather belt and could be easy on/off and still look good with khakis/chinos.

Anybody have a recommendation?  Like to keep it 1.25 preferably or 1.5” at most.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 1:13:21 AM EDT
[#1]
We went with the wilderness instructor belt or copies of it. It all depends on what you’re carrying. It’s enough for a Glock in a Safariland holster, two spare mags, and a pair of cuffs. The radio goes in a cargo pocket.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Ares Gear Aegis belt.  They are not cheap, but you will be happy, and wonder why you have worn anything else.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:09:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Aker B21.  Holds your pistol, two extra mags and cuffs without any sagging.  Works well with jeans or in a suit.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 8:18:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Aker B21.  Holds your pistol, two extra mags and cuffs without any sagging.  Works well with jeans or in a suit.
View Quote

Already have two Beltman.  Not looking for another leather set up.  Looking for a possible Nylon belt (or leather) that has a inner belt attachment if possible.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 1:42:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I use an inner/outer setup from DSG. I’m in a plain clothes special operation unit and I wear it with jeans and a T-shirt a lot.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I use an inner/outer setup from DSG. I’m in a plain clothes special operation unit and I wear it with jeans and a T-shirt a lot.
View Quote

Have to look them up. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 3:09:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I went with a heavy duty leather belt. Had it made by a old shoesmith in Miami. Had one done in black and another in brown. Would hold up the G17, cuffs, mag, and other shit.
View Quote

Yeah my Beltman belts are doing fine. But I work wear I may get called in to court at short notice and wear “slacks”and they’re kind of flimsy and hard to deal with. Want something that I can strip off easy in the office for 10-200 trips etc. basically a uniform duty belt but not as bulky.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#9]
What’s the point in being plainclothes if your wearing shirt and tie?

Not trying to be a jerk just wondering what the thought process is ?

Link Posted: 9/7/2020 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What’s the point in being plainclothes if your wearing shirt and tie?

Not trying to be a jerk just wondering what the thought process is ?

View Quote

I am a Court Probation Officer. I do a lot of Court hearings and formal office stuff. I have worked in a very traditional circuit and was supervised by very traditional old school judges who believed we needed to dress this way.

It makes it very hard when we need to do our “supervision/investigation” part of our jobs working in shirt/ties and slacks.

Never been happy with it but I have to play by the rules I’m given. I’m making progress as the chief of Dept but it has been slow going.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Amazon has this ;
MISSION ELITE Heavy Duty EDC Tactical Belt.
It costs $14. Comfortable. No metal.
Stiff enough for OWB (or IWB) carry with a good holster. I, too, am a Raven fan. This is my EDC w a G26 (10+2) or a G43.
I’ve used mine over 2 years and there is zero wear & tear.
Wouldn’t want to hang a whole lot of stuff on it, but for what you described ... ?
Hell ... return it if you think you wasted $14.

Stay safe
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:36:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll second the Ares Gear Aegis.  From your post it sounds like you want something that you can don/doff all your kit at once like a patrol guy, but in my experience I can carry everything I need, concealed in appropriate "Agent Casual" using an Ares Aegis belt threaded thru the loops.  I keep my equipment on all day for 10-14 hours a day, 5+ days a week.  If you need to be more dressy you can upgrade to a Mean Gene using the same buckle.

If you MUST drop all your kit to settle into that comfy office lifestyle (or to make those jaunts into booking or a secure facility easier) with nothing on your waist the only thing I can think of that I've personally used that I like are either the Jones Tactical inner/outer belt or the Unity Clutch. Neither however are appropriate for non-concealed use in a tucked in shirt with a jacket if that's how you roll, you'll have to be untucked shirt. The buckles are "tactical" or non-existent and not professional.

I've also used a Crye MRB for low-profile, but again, it's not appropriate for agent or dress casual... more tacticasual.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 12:30:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ares Gear Aegis belt.  They are not cheap, but you will be happy, and wonder why you have worn anything else.
View Quote

This is the only correct answer
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#15]
I use bigfoot gun belts, I swear by them, the rest of the guys in the office have gone to them too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#16]
The Esstac Shooters Belt is a nice low profile inner/outer belt system if that’s what you’re looking for.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Been my belt for years. Not LEO or anything, just normal CCW guy.

I use the same belt when I shoot informal competition matches too. Carries a full size gun, plenty of mags, just fine.

I carry my CZ-SP01 with a TLR-1 and a spare mag sometimes, and it is plenty comfortable, and secure, all day long.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#18]
I've worn a Looper Leather belt for years and it's still holding up and in great condition after 10 years of wear. I wore it during plain clothes VIP details with Blackhawk holster with G19, spare mag, cuffs and Kenwood coms. I don't do dignitary protection anymore and still wear the same belt for my off-duty conceal carry.

http://www.looperbrand.com/belts/classic-reinforced-holster-belt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top