Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2020 7:35:34 PM EDT
Dang. Gold Medal All Trumps and Caputo 00 all but gone unless you want to pay premium prices+premium shipping. Got an alternative?
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#1]
talking with friends bread flour and yeast are also pretty non existent

brian

Link Posted: 4/8/2020 9:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Bob's red mill. We have tons and always do. Goodluck finding any now.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I've tried Caputo 00, never could get my hands on All Trumps.

My preferred flour after trying many is Bouncer. I get it from GFS.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I had ordered my All Trumps from Weavers Country Market in Missouri a few years ago. I don't know if its stock or not but the prices look reasonable. You would probably have to call them.

https://weaverscountrymarket.myshopify.com/collections/flour/products/all-trumps-hi-gluten-unbleached-flour-enriched-bromated
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 7:21:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had ordered my All Trumps from Weavers Country Market in Missouri a few years ago. I don't know if its stock or not but the prices look reasonable. You would probably have to call them.

https://weaverscountrymarket.myshopify.com/collections/flour/products/all-trumps-hi-gluten-unbleached-flour-enriched-bromated
View Quote

Thanks for the tip. Ordered from Weavers.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 11:52:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've tried Caputo 00, never could get my hands on All Trumps.

My preferred flour after trying many is Bouncer. I get it from GFS.
View Quote

Got a 25# bag of Bouncer today from GFS. Will do a few comparisons between Bouncer and All Trumps. Btw, GFS had 2# bags of dry yeast for $6.49.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Got a 25# bag of Bouncer today from GFS. Will do a few comparisons between Bouncer and All Trumps. Btw, GFS had 2# bags of dry yeast for $6.49.
View Quote

Yup, the only place I buy my yeast. Once I open the bag I dump it in pint canning jars and freeze it. Lasts several years that way.

When bread was hard to get a few weeks ago yeast and flour got hard to find. GFS still had the 2 lb bags of yeast.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Got a 25# bag of All Trumps at GFS yesterday. Lots of flour in 25# and 50# bags. No yeast, though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Glox:
Got a 25# bag of All Trumps at GFS yesterday. Lots of flour in 25# and 50# bags. No yeast, though.
View Quote

Nice! My GFS has never had All Trumps.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#10]
King Arthur.  Bread or AP.  Ap has slightly less protein and will be less chewy, but I has enough that it can do pizza.  It has more than most ap.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Whole Foods here has gluten in stock.  Just add a bit to AP flour, and you'll be good to go.  Most goodness or lack thereof, comes from the cooking.  Pizza's with great ingredients that has been cooked poorly, or by inexperienced, is worse than decent ingredients cooked properly.

King Arthur's bread flour is over-rated simply because it's over-priced on the retail shelve.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I like Bob's red mill. We have tons and always do. Goodluck finding any now.
View Quote

They make good stuff. We used their gluten free mix b/c shes celiac and it was the first real pizza shes been able to eat in 7 years
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 10:17:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I’ve been using Kyrol high protein flour with good results. Bought a hand crank mixer with dough hook and followed the recipe that came with it. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top