Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 150
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By obiwanbonjovi:

It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JmE:
Originally Posted By JmE:

Endeavor to persevere.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hellyeah-175.jpg

It isnt for shouldering, its just for lookin through.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/laugh-29.gif

It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues.

No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 6:59:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#2]
Originally Posted By MadeintheUSA:
This glows brighter than the sun.
View Quote

Its up there with LaRues water hose bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

On the one hand...blah blah blah
On the other hand thank you. That took some work and has been (is being) consumed.
On the gripping hand they can still fuck off.
View Quote

Hey!
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 7:30:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Photographic] [#4]
Originally Posted By 3-gun:
Just curious for anyone who is actually a lawyer, will a judicial stay stop the 120 day clock till a final decision is reached ?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Not being snarky. I dunno if the clock stops then with an injunction or if it has to be spelled out.

Also, WTF is this on page 5 of the memes?
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 11:33:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Just curious for anyone who is actually a lawyer, will a judicial stay stop the 120 day clock till a final decision is reached ?
View Quote

I am not a lawyer.

An injunction is typically put in place because the court agrees that:
1. Immediate action is required and damage may result from inaction.
2. The court believes the party seeking injunctive relief is likely to prevail.

The courts typically try to scope their injunctions appropriately. Often they only apply to the parties in the case, for the time of the trial, or possibly less.

The FPC suit requests the Texas district injunct the whole rule. IMO, FPC could have articulated the immediacy of the problem a lot better. I honestly don't think they will get one, but it always depends on the judge.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:36:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cardplayer] [#6]
Worth a watch. I honestly mostly watched it to see where Crenshaw stood.

Florida - You have a good one in that Kat Cammack. It's the first I've ever heard of her.

JUST IN: GOP Lawmakers Decry New ATF Rule Requiring Registration Of Firearms With Stabilizing Braces
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:09:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#7]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:
Worth a watch. I honestly mostly watched it to see where Crenshaw stood.

Florida - You have a good one in that Kat Cammack. It's the first I've ever heard of her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7ncSq6dINE
View Quote

This was good, and worth the watch.  And well said.  I'm not done yet, but it was a good watch so far.  Sad to see Congress was completely empty during this.  Nobody was there.

And Crenshaw!  I didn't know you had it in you.  Even you got this right.

Though, in the end, it was just political theater.  None of the proposed legislation will ever become law.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:01:31 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

IANAL but that's not how govt works.

The 120 days will be the only window, and there will not be another.

Either braces are outside the NFA, or SBRs are in common use and cannot be regulates by the NFA, or the ATF was justified in their actions and goes hog wild. Those are the three possible outcomes.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Kharn:

Either braces are outside the NFA, or SBRs are in common use and cannot be regulates by the NFA, or the ATF was justified in their actions and goes hog wild. Those are the three possible outcomes.

Kharn
View All Quotes

Kharn

Actually, there is a 4th outcome, and the most likely, I think.  It’s the fact that the ATF doesn’t have the authority to make this as a rule.  It would have to be a law passed by Congress and signed by the president.

“Braces are outside of the NFA” - Braces aren’t being regulated.  This isn’t about braces being regulated.  The regulation is on the firearm that is being made when the brace is installed.  People can stick a brace on their Title 1 rifle or registered SBR to their heart’s content.  I think this is what you were trying to say for the first outcome.

“SBRs are in common use and cannot be regulates by the NFA” - No chance of this outcome.  The “common use” argument is greatly overblown.

“ATF was justified in their actions and goes hog wild” - Possible, but very unlikely.

As for any injunction, restraining order, stay, whatever you want to call it, my expectation is that the entire rule will simply be put on hold, as if it doesn’t exist.  In other words, things are exactly as they were before the rule was published.  Braced pistols are just pistols.  Also, that likely means that the free stamp SBR is put on hold, because it’s part of the rule, plus it likely has its own issues.  This is why I think people jumping on this to be first in line are wasting their time.  I’m betting the ATF will be slow walking these to see what happens with the court cases.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By willi3d:

Actually, there is a 4th outcome, and the most likely, I think.  It’s the fact that the ATF doesn’t have the authority to make this as a rule.  It would have to be a law passed by Congress and signed by the president.

“Braces are outside of the NFA” - Braces aren’t being regulated.  This isn’t about braces being regulated.  The regulation is on the firearm that is being made when the brace is installed.  People can stick a brace on their Title 1 rifle or registered SBR to their heart’s content.  I think this is what you were trying to say for the first outcome.

“SBRs are in common use and cannot be regulates by the NFA” - No chance of this outcome.  The “common use” argument is greatly overblown.

“ATF was justified in their actions and goes hog wild” - Possible, but very unlikely.

As for any injunction, restraining order, stay, whatever you want to call it, my expectation is that the entire rule will simply be put on hold, as if it doesn’t exist.  In other words, things are exactly as they were before the rule was published.  Braced pistols are just pistols.  Also, that likely means that the free stamp SBR is put on hold, because it’s part of the rule, plus it likely has its own issues.  This is why I think people jumping on this to be first in line are wasting their time.  I’m betting the ATF will be slow walking these to see what happens with the court cases.
View All Quotes

Kharn

Yeah, I would be shocked if any on the “me first “ has a stamp anytime soon.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Kharn

It will never be like it was before with things "on hold."  Most retailers aren't going to ever sell braced guns again unless the rule is completely blocked and removed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Kharn

Have any of the cases asked for the 120 day tax forbearance to be paused or extended pending resolution? I haven't seen one ask for that, and it would lend credence to the ATF's possibility of success in the case.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I guess one chess-move reaction not considered is if ATF losses the suits, the reaction after that will be to say OK, any brace fired from the shoulder in a manner not obviously incidental, is demonstration of intent to be used as an SBR, and ATF will now begin enforcement.   Meaning brace usage as a stock, will essentially be outlawed anyway.  And going back to looking over your shoulder and careful non documentation.  And match/competition usage will require non-shoulder usage.  

Best result is if SBR just gets culled out of NFA from all this.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
View Quote

While that would be wonderful - don't hold your breath.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I guess one chess-move reaction not considered is if ATF losses the suits, the reaction after that will be to say OK, any brace fired from the shoulder in a manner not obviously incidental, is demonstration of intent to be used as an SBR, and ATF will now begin enforcement.   Meaning brace usage as a stock, will essentially be outlawed anyway.  And going back to looking over your shoulder and careful non documentation.  And match/competition usage will require non-shoulder usage.  

View Quote

I don't think they can do that.  They've already said (and reneged) and said (and reneged) that shoulder a braced weapon does not remake it into an SBR.

I think it will be similar to how Illinois is trending (procedural issue).
The EASIST route for a court would be to shut the whole thing down due to the massive change from what was proposed in June of 2021 to what was registered two days ago.   Just throw it out based on the changes.  And similar to bumpstocks in the 5th, rule on the change, but COMMENT on the rest on how they WOULD rule.

Courts don't want to get into Constitutional issues, and that is the easiest route.   A new 90 day comment period would have to be allowed, and I'm sure this proposal would get blasted, especially with the lawsuits already pending.  The ATF would have to rewrite the proposal, and allow for another 90 day comment period.  Being that the courts could signal how they WOULD rule, the ATF would be best advised to keep things simple...as in, make simple, clear, and objective criteria to determine a stock from a brace GOING FOWARD.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#16]
So what would ‘going forward’ mean, especially for those in states where SBRs are banned?  Grandfather existing braces and cut off sales of new ones?

What a mess this is…
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:05:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#17]
Originally Posted By panthermark:

I don't think they can do that.  They've already said (and reneged) and said (and reneged) that shoulder a braced weapon does not remake it into an SBR.

The EASIST route for a court would be to shut the whole thing down due to the massive change from what was proposed in June of 2021 to what was registered two days ago.   Just throw it out based on the changes.  And similar to bumpstocks in the 5th, rule on the change, but COMMENT on the rest on how they WOULD rule.

Courts don't want to get into Constitutional issues, and that is the easiest route.   A new 90 day comment period would have to be allowed, and I'm sure this proposal would get blasted, especially with the lawsuits already pending.  The ATF would have to rewrite the proposal, and allow for another 90 day comment period.  Being that the courts could signal how they WOULD rule, the ATF would be best advised to keep things simple...as in, make simple, clear, and objective criteria to determine a stock from a brace GOING FOWARD.  
View All Quotes

Problem is existing NFA description language is clear.  Doesn't matter what an agency says, the courts job is to uphold codified law.  And they can't just shred that, just because existing agency cluster fucked the enforcement.  What they can do, is say Grandfather defacto everyone involved (maybe),

More likely, it will be don't change how you've been enforcing braces, that are used as braces, and the heretofore determination of what can be sold and owned.  And with that, all that leaves ATF is to say OK, if you are overtly shouldering it, then you are SBR, and under arrest.  Is about all they will have left.  

Well.. potentially.  

Point being,  don't assume a lawsuit win, which will be based on "people need and use these", will automatically protect the continued usage of armbraces as overt shoulder firing stocks, for the only 2 guys who are actually doing that, of course.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Problem is existing NFA description language is clear.  Doesn't matter what an agency says, the courts job is to uphold codified law.  And they can't just shred that, just because existing agency cluster fucked the enforcement.  What they can do, is say Grandfather defacto everyone involved (maybe),

More likely, it will be don't change how you've been enforcing braces, that are used as braces, and the heretofore determination of what can be sold and owned.  And with that, all that leaves ATF is to say OK, if you are overtly shouldering it, then you are SBR, and under arrest.  Is about all they will have left.  

Well.. potentially.  

Point being,  don't assume a lawsuit win, which will be based on "people need and use these", will automatically protect the continued usage of armbraces as overt shoulder firing stocks, for the only 2 guys who are actually doing that, of course.  

View All Quotes

Well.. potentially.  

The problem with the concept of "use dictates definition" is it only works one way.  A brace is legal and not a stock unless it touches your shoulder.....by that same logic a full auto trigger group & sear installed into an AR is not a machine gun until you move the selector into auto and pull the trigger.  Or putting a stock on your AR pistol and not shouldering it would be fine.

I'm going to guess that the ATF wouldn't agree to that.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By FishKepr:
So what would ‘going forward’ mean, especially for those in states where SBRs are banned?  Grandfather existing braces and cut off sales of new ones?

What a mess this is…
View Quote

There is no grandfathering of braces.  Again, braces aren’t illegal.  Creating a SBR by putting one on a pistol is what they are saying is illegal.  If somehow this brace use stands, then people who live in states that don’t allow SBRs can remove the brace, or put a 16” barrel on it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#20]

There is no grandfathering of braces.  Again, braces aren’t illegal.  Creating a SBR by putting one on a pistol is what they are saying is illegal.  If somehow this brace use stands, then people who live in states that don’t allow SBRs can remove the brace, or put a 16” barrel on it.
View All Quotes

What a mess this is…

Or ignore the bastards all together.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:49:30 PM EDT
[#21]

What a mess this is…
View Quote

For me, yes.
Grandfather existing braces that did not have "approval letters".

The new, simplified rules would be something similar to Section II ONLY of the 4999 worksheet, and would be set up in a manner in which every braces that has been approved already, would be able to pass the requirements (so some tweaks would be needed).  The only other requirement would be that the brace must have an LOP (we will pretend braces have LOP's) under 13.5 inches.  That is it.   No weight or length or accessory BS.   No retro history BS.  No marketing BS.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:04:57 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

I was trying (poorly) to reference panthermark’s post above mine.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:50:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shane733] [#23]
Originally Posted By fox2008:

The problem with the concept of "use dictates definition" is it only works one way.  A brace is legal and not a stock unless it touches your shoulder.....by that same logic a full auto trigger group & sear installed into an AR is not a machine gun until you move the selector into auto and pull the trigger.  Or putting a stock on your AR pistol and not shouldering it would be fine.

I'm going to guess that the ATF wouldn't agree to that.
View Quote

Installing a full auto group & sear into an AR, you have made or reconstructed the AR into a MG under the definition of the law. Installing a brace on a pistol does not make or reconstruct the pistol into a rifle nor a short barreled rifle under the definition of the law. It makes it into a pistol with an arm brace just as the ATF ruled for many years. Installing a full auto group & sear into an AR only has one purpose. Installing a brace on a pistol has a use too.. to stabilize your pistol.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:14:34 PM EDT
[#24]
I wonder…..

Could a law abiding person who just decided to build a SBR, file a form 1, pay his $220. non-bullshit amnesty form 1).

Then, a “law breaking scoundrel” (this is a joke), file an amnesty form 1.

Let’s say the scoundrels get approved first…

Is there standing to file a case against the GayTF under the 14th amendment, or some other law?

I mean, they start treating one “class” differently than another?

I theory I can pay my $200 and attach a stock waiting for approval, same as the the “scoundrels”, right?

Fuck ATF

@nolocontendere
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:44:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Where The F*CK Is The Gun Industry?!?!
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By JPN:

Roughly, federal courts are divided up into regional circuits.  Cases can be pending in separate circuits on the same issue.  If the individual circuit courts issue conflicting rulings on the same issue, the next step would be for the US Supreme Court to decide which is the correct ruling (though it is possible for things to be left with conflicting rulings in separate circuits).
View Quote

Isn't there a circuit split because of a machinegun ruling many years ago out of Illinois?
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 2:33:43 AM EDT
[#27]

GOA VOWS TO SUE OVER ATF’S PISTOL BAN

Our attorneys are working on filing a lawsuit against the ATF to stop them from enforcing this unconstitutional pistol ban and collecting personal information about you and your firearms.
View Quote

https://www.gunowners.org/na02012023/
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:25:48 AM EDT
[#28]
This only goes to further demonstrate why you never write a letter to the ATF.  You or I write one it is bad enough.  But when Matt Geatz decides he is getting to much heat from banging underage girls  rounds up 6 other reps and write a letter demanding objective criteria - this is what you get.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:

Isn't there a circuit split because of a machinegun ruling many years ago out of Illinois?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:
Originally Posted By JPN:

Roughly, federal courts are divided up into regional circuits.  Cases can be pending in separate circuits on the same issue.  If the individual circuit courts issue conflicting rulings on the same issue, the next step would be for the US Supreme Court to decide which is the correct ruling (though it is possible for things to be left with conflicting rulings in separate circuits).

The case you're thinking of is likely United States v. Rock Island Armory. If so - no not really. It's not a long read either but the gist is the government no longer charges people specifically for avoiding the $200 tax when caught with an unregistered MG.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:27:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ajacobs:
This only goes to further demonstrate why you never write a letter to the ATF.  You or I write one it is bad enough.  But when Matt Geatz decides he is getting to much heat from banging underage girls  rounds up 6 other reps and write a letter demanding objective criteria - this is what you get.
View Quote

low mana - touch grass (Music Video)

Seriously. I'm not sure we're living in the same universe.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:43:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stiles1410] [#31]
So if this gets shut down in court what happens to all the people who prematurely filed and are now stuck with registered sbr’s and all the restrictions that come with it? Seems like the better option would be to wait and do nothing and see what happens?
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Stiles1410:
So if this gets shut down in court what happens to all the people who prematurely filed and are now stuck with registered sbr’s?
View All Quotes
So if this gets shut down in court what happens to all the people who prematurely filed and are now stuck with registered sbr’s?

Good question - no one knows. It could end up being the sort of situation where "sorry there's no free stamp you owe us $200 per SBR you admitted to already having" happens.

Seems like the better option would be to wait and do nothing and see what happens?

Agreed. 120 days is a long time. I'll decide what to do on April 28th or so.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:50:58 AM EDT
[#33]
So if this gets shut down in court what happens to all the people who prematurely filed and are now stuck with registered sbr’s and all the restrictions that come with it? Seems like the better option would be to wait and do nothing and see what happens?
View Quote

Some are unable to resist the temptation to kneel.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:52:42 AM EDT
[#34]
So if this gets shut down in court what happens to all the people who prematurely filed and are now stuck with registered sbr's? Seems like the better option would be to wait and do nothing and see what happens?
View Quote
My guess is you get to keep your free stamp.  SBR's are only a SBR when in SBR configuration.  So if the brace ruling is struck down you can keep/reinstall a brace and it not be considered an sbr.

I am hard pressed to imagine it will be stuck down though.  The original NFA says it is a rifle if it is intended to be fired from the shoulder and the ATF has full authority given to them by congress to determine what constitutes intent.  People slam their hands and say the ATF can make new law.  That is what the entire CFR is, laws made by agencies that were delegated to do so.  Challenges to the NFA itself might prevail, etc but the ATF went through all the correct steps and is not acting outside of their authority.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:57:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jasonm4] [#35]
View Quote

I will laugh my ass off. Many of folks have been suggesting from the start to wait a bit, even after it hits the register.

#YouGetWhatYouFuckingDeserve
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#36]
My guess is you get to keep your free stamp.  SBR's are only a SBR when in SBR configuration.  So if the brace ruling is struck down you can keep/reinstall a brace and it not be considered an sbr.

I am hard pressed to imagine it will be stuck down though.  The original NFA says it is a rifle if it is intended to be fired from the shoulder and the ATF has full authority given to them by congress to determine what constitutes intent.  People slam their hands and say the ATF can make new law.  That is what the entire CFR is, laws made by agencies that were delegated to do so.  Challenges to the NFA itself might prevail, etc but the ATF went through all the correct steps and is not acting outside of their authority.
View All Quotes
So if this gets shut down in court what happens to all the people who prematurely filed and are now stuck with registered sbr's? Seems like the better option would be to wait and do nothing and see what happens?

LOL really? Is that the route you're taking and not mentioning their prior blessings?
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

What a mess this is…

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:03:55 AM EDT
[#38]

[snip]

...the ATF went through all the correct steps and is not acting outside of their authority.
View Quote

Look at the violations of the APA. The final rule published is very different than the rule put out for the legally required comment period. The ATF absolutely didn't go "through all the correct steps" on that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:16:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoot03] [#40]
Not sure if this question has been asked, but when can an agency dictate when taxes can be waived ?  If an agency now says a piece of property now falls under a category that is usually taxed,  how can that agency say the tax stamp can be waived.  Just another thing Congress only has the power to do I think, along with the definition of what an sbr, machine gun, etc are.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:18:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Scoot03:
Not sure if this question has been asked, but when can an agency dictate when taxes can be waived ?  If an agency now says a price of property now falls under a category that is usually taxed,  how can that agency say the tax stamp can be waived.  Just another thing Congress only has the power to do I think, along with the definition of what an sbr, machine gun, etc are.
View Quote
Not by default, but they have that power as it was given to them in the original NFA
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Not sure if this question has been asked, but when can an agency dictate when taxes can be waived ?  If an agency now says a piece of property now falls under a category that is usually taxed,  how can that agency say the tax stamp can be waived.  Just another thing Congress only has the power to do I think, along with the definition of what an sbr, machine gun, etc are.
View Quote

It's federal law that the ATF through the AG can absolutely do that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:27:29 AM EDT
[#43]
So if this gets shut down in court what happens to all the people who prematurely filed and are now stuck with registered sbr's and all the restrictions that come with it? Seems like the better option would be to wait and do nothing and see what happens?
View Quote

SBR's are easy to remove from the NFA registry. You write a letter saying your firearm has been removed from an NFA configuration and needs to be removed from the registry.

That's it. You no longer have a registered SBR.

Or leave it on the registry and put a stock on it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

My money is on the ATF losing for violating the APA.

Unfortunately I think it will take a few years.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:

SBR's are easy to remove from the NFA registry. You write a letter saying your firearm has been removed from an NFA configuration and needs to be removed from the registry.

That's it. You no longer have a registered SBR.

Or leave it on the registry and put a stock on it.
View Quote
SBR's are also only SBR's when in SBR configuration. I can take the stock off of my sbr and sell it face to face all without telling the atf or take my stock off and travel across state lines without a form 20.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

It's written in law the AG can have amnestys in a manner they prescribe.

If it gets brought up in court they'll probably claim that gives them the authority.

Your honor it was a limited 90 day amnesty followed by a second 30 day amnesty, performed as I saw fit in accordance with my legal authority coded in the law.

They'll get away with it just like obamacare fines were a tax.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#47]
SBR's are also only SBR's when in SBR configuration. I can take the stock off of my sbr and sell it face to face all without telling the atf or take my stock off and travel across state lines without a form 20.
View Quote

Correct.

Pop the stock off and do what you want. You are not legally required to notify ATF of changes, they just prefer you notify them if the change is permanent.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#48]

If it gets brought up in court they'll probably claim that gives them the authority.

Your honor it was a limited 90 day amnesty followed by a second 30 day amnesty, performed as I saw fit in accordance with my legal authority coded in the law.

View All Quotes

I really wish people would stop using the word AMNESTY.

That word is NOT used by the ATF with regard to pistol braces.

Merely a tax forbearance and discretionary approach to prosecution.

Big difference.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Yes and no.....you can make an SBR not an SBR by putting a 16" upper on it.....but I don't believe the "once a rifle, always a rifle" rule has changed.  I don't believe you'd legally be able to take it back to a pistol.

That being said, we're living in clown world....so who knows.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

The rule they ultimately published was so different than what was actually proposed, and you call that taking "correct steps"? That's certainly not how I see this, they should have re-submitted what we have now for comment then maybe you'd have an argument.
Page / 150
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top