Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/16/2021 3:09:11 PM EDT
Sorting the photos on my phone for deletion or to keep.  I think was taken by the beach next to Bal Harbour Florida one afternoon. Is this hair or a hat? Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#1]
hat on him, wig on her
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
hat on him, wig on her
View Quote

Wig? She seems a bit young to need a wig, looks pretty healthy plus it’s windy in Florida so I figure it would look obvious if she had a wig on
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:17:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Orthodox Jew in Florida.......

Oy vey
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Watch out OP, AIPAC is about to come burn this thread to the ground
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#5]
That is a shtreimel on the Orthodox Jewish man. Usually bought by the father-in-law for the groom as a wedding gift.

Real ones are made from pine marten, mink, or sable. They cost a few thousand dollars; maybe $4-5,000. There are also cheap synthetic ones.  His coat looks expensive, so his is probably a real one.

They also have cheapo ones for rainy days.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sorting the photos on my phone for deletion or to keep.  I think was taken by the beach next to Bal Harbour Florida one afternoon. Is this hair or a hat? https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/5E2FAB03-4BEC-493F-AFD1-41BA583F1A3D_jpe-1782018.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/27B97E25-87AB-4C2C-BFAE-0CAD4B005F04_jpe-1782020.JPG
View Quote
damn she is hot
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Watch out OP, AIPAC is about to come burn this thread to the ground
View Quote

What does AIPAC have to do with fashion. There’s plenty of fashion styles I saw people wearing. Although didn’t expect to see so many tourists wear down coats. I just had a fleece zip up for evenings. Most of the South American tourists were walking around at night like it was Alaska
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Shut

It

Down

Goyem
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Can't see shit, blends in too well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Catholic, so I’m very familiar with religious customs, but I’d rather get my ass beaten than wear that in public.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
hat on him, wig on her
View Quote

Thats funny you say that.

I see a bunch of orthodox jews in the grocery store near me. All the women look exactly the same. Their hair doesnt look real. I always thought that they wore wigs.

Is this true?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Did you ask them about Israel?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Oy vey
View Quote

Serious? I don’t recall ever seeing that hat, my step Dad was Jewish and used to drive me and my Mom to Fairfax Avenue in Hollywood so he could eat at his favorite delis. He wore this like Ben Shapiro Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:24:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes. It's a sign of respect for god. You are supposed to wear a head covering of some sort. Since hats aren't fashionable, they shave their heads and wear a wig hat.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I see a bunch of orthodox jews in the grocery store near me. All the women look exactly the same.
Their hair doesnt look real. I always thought that they wore wigs. Is this true?
View Quote
Yeah.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That is a shtreimel on the Orthodox Jewish man. Usually bought by the father-in-law for the groom as a wedding gift.

Real ones are made from pine marten, mink, or sable. They cost a few thousand dollars; maybe $4-5,000. There are also cheap synthetic ones.  His coat looks expensive, so his is probably a real one.

They also have cheapo ones for rainy days.
View Quote

Holy shit $5,000 hat Well, my $9 baseball cap is a bit sadder now
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:27:17 PM EDT
[#18]
This thread needs more latina thong pics.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Orthodox Jews. Very particular people.

I patrolled the diamond district in Antwerp, Belgium for a while. Big community there that needed protection after several Muslim terror attacks against Jewish targets in Europe. Very special people, blew my mind. They live in a separate society, basically keep to themselves. They also have an internal 'police' that don't fuck around. Whenever we would hear the police about something fucky on the radio, they would show up, sometimes before the cops got there, several big dudes in a sedan that looked like it carried alot of heavy shit in the trunk.

Every Jewish business and building (think stores, schools, retirement homes, etc.) all have several layers of security, camera's everywhere, blast doors, lower floors are generally completely empty with panic doors at the staircase, etc...you'd never say from the outside but they all live in bunkers in the middle of Antwerp.

They never bothered us, very polite, very thankful for our service, cookies and cakes galore, but you would get wierd requests like them asking us to shut off all electric things like radio's, tv's, cellphones in rest area's where we would take a breather during patrolling. Once they asked me to take out food from a fridge, they forgot to take something out beforehand and they were not allowed to touch anything electrical on the sabbath.

While I'm not religious myself, and I don't really get the whole "wearing a religious uniform" thing, it's a big difference between them and others because they don't generally spontaneously explode. Like the other ones.

Oh and if you ever have to pull security at an Orthodox wedding, do it. They know how to party...and most woman wear wigs, yes, on top of their own hair...you never know what you're gonna get!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Jews dancing to a2m i got bitches

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Catholic, so I’m very familiar with religious customs, but I’d rather get my ass beaten than wear that in public.
View Quote

Wait, my Dad was Catholic. I don’t recall that hat. Just the typical ones Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yeah.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see a bunch of orthodox jews in the grocery store near me. All the women look exactly the same.
Their hair doesnt look real. I always thought that they wore wigs. Is this true?
Yeah.

Ok. Thanks

I wonder if he keeps his sheet in the hat just in case they want to have sexuals.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, my Dad was Catholic. I don’t recall that hat. Just the typical ones https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/685051DD-A6F1-42AC-824B-7C88FD4AF1D2_jpe-1782051.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/2D3C8C0C-AF2A-4642-BA92-2CD986BD155E_jpe-1782050.JPG

Wait up dude.

Your dad was a pope?  This thread got really interesting.

And i am in for latinas in thongs.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Did you ask them about Israel?
View Quote

Nope, I went swimming. The weather reports there are 87% useless btw Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#25]
That’s a Jewish headdress
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Everyone wears winter hats in the wintertime. GD acting like it’s common knowledge that I didn’t know what that was Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

*Arfcom Taliban tacoma idle intensifies*
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#29]
On his way to the Chabad.  They party in the Chabads.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Serious? I don’t recall ever seeing that hat, my step Dad was Jewish and used to drive me and my Mom to Fairfax Avenue in Hollywood so he could eat at his favorite delis. He wore this like Ben Shapiro https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/8EDFB890-808A-496F-990E-99E138A44ED5_jpe-1782041.JPG
View Quote

There is a difference between the kipot/yarmulke/skull cap and the fur hat.   All observant jews wear a kipot, the Hasidic jews are the ones with the curly side locks and fur hats and dressed all in black.  And there is a kipot under the fur hat (and a prayer shawl under the jackets, etc).

Reform - very loose, little hebrew in services, not so big on keeping kosher much less strict kosher, more music in services, etc
Conservative - much more traditional, mostly hebrew in services, tend to keep kosher or at least give a good try at the major parts
Orthodox - the label says it all, but yes keeping kosher, etc.  as much as possible.  This is why B&H Photo closes for Passover (near Easter) and Rosh Hashana (end of August/mid-September-ish usually)

The Hasidic jews are not just Orthodox but they go towards extremes and are halfway stuck in antiquity and halfway in the modern world - ie, there are discussions about a Kosher cell phone and what it can be used for when, etc.    The clothing style is their culture - think of them almost like the Amish or Mennonites where something are frozen in time, in this case from mid 1800s Eastern Europe (what is now in/around Poland).

Tune in next week for the discussion of Ashkenazi vs. Sephardic judiasim, and if the Ethiopian Jews are really jewish or not.... (they are)
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yes. It's a sign of respect for god. You are supposed to wear a head covering of some sort. Since hats aren't fashionable, they shave their heads and wear a wig hat.
View Quote

Okay so I didn’t believe you and looked it up. Apparently some women do but not all
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Hat.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Serious? I don't recall ever seeing that hat, my step Dad was Jewish and used to drive me and my Mom to Fairfax Avenue in Hollywood so he could eat at his favorite delis. He wore this like Ben Shapiro https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/8EDFB890-808A-496F-990E-99E138A44ED5_jpe-1782041.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oy vey

Serious? I don't recall ever seeing that hat, my step Dad was Jewish and used to drive me and my Mom to Fairfax Avenue in Hollywood so he could eat at his favorite delis. He wore this like Ben Shapiro https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/8EDFB890-808A-496F-990E-99E138A44ED5_jpe-1782041.JPG

Hasidic Jew. There's a big Hasidic community in Miami Beach. The hats and overcoats are what they normally wear.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:51:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh I f....g tried. I went up and down miles of sand and was disappointed as fuck. I hit South Pointe, South Beach, Haulover beach and hardly saw any hot chicks. I saw 1 semi decent chick when I went to Little Havana but didn’t take her pic Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I even went to the club scene with parked million dollar yachts moored outside the club and wasn’t impressed. Mostly 40+ women flirted. The under 30 women for the most part ignored me but I was indifferent as no ass no tits I no care Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:56:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Wait up dude.

Your dad was a pope?  This thread got really interesting.

And i am in for latinas in thongs.
View Quote

I would be too if I saw them. South beach disappointed the fuck out of me. I could count on 1 hand the number of hot women. Maybe I showed up on the wrong weekend? Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That’s a Jewish headdress
View Quote

Thanks for the clarification. Guess too much time at Wynwood Walls & the Fashion district nothing else occurred to me. Miami is like a twin sister to Los Angeles but with no surfing. I watched people try to surf knee high foam at South Pointe
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:02:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Oh I f....g tried. I went up and down miles of sand and was disappointed as fuck. I hit South Pointe, South Beach, Haulover beach and hardly saw any hot chicks. I saw 1 semi decent chick when I went to Little Havana but didn’t take her pic https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/8EB901E0-02CC-45A5-B78D-FB15A267B376_jpe-1782088.JPG
View Quote

You picked the wrong time...
It's "winter" here. Which means spring everywhere else. The thots are cold.
If it's not 95 with 110% humidity, you won't see them out on the beach in micro bikinis/topless.

Snowbird season. Bumping into cougars is not surprising.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I believe it's some sort of hat on top of a douchebag.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:05:39 PM EDT
[#42]
She seems happy to be with him...

Miami around 2000 was fun as hell.  Lots of talent.  You had to go to the right places though.

Sort of like LA, but a bit more like the NYC club scene (going to the right place on the right night).
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Holy shit $5,000 hat Well, my $9 baseball cap is a bit sadder now
View Quote

No one has to trap, skin, and dress 30 pine martens or minks to make one baseball cap.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Nope, I went swimming. The weather reports there are 87% useless btw https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/50A271F8-BC48-438A-9A1D-4BE283A1C0E9_jpe-1782068.JPG
View Quote

If I ever decide to live >100 miles away from the Red River, it will be to Florida.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

There is a difference between the kipot/yarmulke/skull cap and the fur hat.   All observant jews wear a kipot, the Hasidic jews are the ones with the curly side locks and fur hats and dressed all in black.  And there is a kipot under the fur hat (and a prayer shawl under the jackets, etc).

Reform - very loose, little hebrew in services, not so big on keeping kosher much less strict kosher, more music in services, etc
Conservative - much more traditional, mostly hebrew in services, tend to keep kosher or at least give a good try at the major parts
Orthodox - the label says it all, but yes keeping kosher, etc.  as much as possible.  This is why B&H Photo closes for Passover (near Easter) and Rosh Hashana (end of August/mid-September-ish usually)

The Hasidic jews are not just Orthodox but they go towards extremes and are halfway stuck in antiquity and halfway in the modern world - ie, there are discussions about a Kosher cell phone and what it can be used for when, etc.    The clothing style is their culture - think of them almost like the Amish or Mennonites where something are frozen in time, in this case from mid 1800s Eastern Europe (what is now in/around Poland).

Tune in next week for the discussion of Ashkenazi vs. Sephardic judiasim, and if the Ethiopian Jews are really jewish or not.... (they are)
View Quote

That’s pretty interesting, thanks and helpful analogy Amish, makes sense. I had a couple Israeli girlfriends I met during beach parties when I was a lot younger. One of my ex gf’s was my scuba / dive partner but we never talked religion. I was invited to her family’s house and they were pretty conservative but I guess either I didn’t notice before or retain what they’d tell me over dinner
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I even went to the club scene with parked million dollar yachts moored outside the club and wasn't impressed. Mostly 40+ women flirted. The under 30 women for the most part ignored me but I was indifferent as no ass no tits I no care https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/B77705F0-7CBC-40BB-AFE6-4C746989B268_jpe-1782091.JPG
View Quote
Weird.  I haven't spent much time in Miami, I just thought it was famous for that.  I know if you go farther north towards Deerfield Beach it's pretty jaw dropping.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:10:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Hasidic Jew. There's a big Hasidic community in Miami Beach. The hats and overcoats are what they normally wear.

View Quote

Blows my mind, expected 100% bikinis & sunglasses maybe baseballs caps or sunvisor at the most
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Weird.  I haven't spent much time in Miami, I just thought it was famous for that.  I know if you go farther north towards Deerfield Beach it's pretty jaw dropping.
View Quote

I didn’t get to see Fort Lauderdale or anything north of Sunny isles
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:11:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Jewish weddings are fun.  I crashed a few in my youth

Bal Harbour, you do see some strange sheet.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
She seems happy to be with him...

Miami around 2000 was fun as hell.  Lots of talent.  You had to go to the right places though.

Sort of like LA, but a bit more like the NYC club scene (going to the right place on the right night's).
View Quote

That would make sense. Same in San Francisco. I didn’t know anyone and it was just passing thru stopover so I didn’t see much more than Ocean drive, downtown, Little Havana and the airport area
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top