Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Posted: 9/26/2021 12:40:02 AM EDT
A witness alleged that the pickup truck driver had been accelerating in an attempt to blow diesel-fuel smoke at the bicyclists

Two Houston-area bicyclists had to be airlifted to a hospital and four others were injured Saturday morning after the group was struck by a pickup truck with a 16-year-old at the wheel who was allegedly attempting a prank, according to a report.

In addition to the two injured bicyclists transported by helicopter, two of the other four injured people also required hospitalization, FOX 26 of Houston reported.

The accident occurred in Waller County, Texas, just west of Houston, according to the station.

No immediate information was available on the cyclists’ identities or medical conditions.

A witness alleged that the pickup truck driver had been accelerating in an attempt to blow diesel-fuel smoke at the bicyclists, as a previous truck driver had allegedly done just a few moments earlier, FOX 26 reported.

"The reason he couldn’t stop is because he was accelerating to blow more diesel fuel on these cyclists," witness Chase Ferrell told FOX 26. "He ended up hitting three people before his brakes even started."

Ferrell was among a larger group participating in a training ride for the Ironman Texas competition, along Highway 290 near Waller, Texas, according to the station.

"There was no reason for this to happen," Ferrell added. "It wasn’t like he was on his phone. [He] definitely meant to try and scare these people [or] intimidate them in some way … [then] made a mistake and ran them over."

As of Saturday evening, the teen driver had not been arrested but was seen earlier cooperating with authorities after the cyclists were struck, FOX 26 reported.

The incident brought to mind at least two other similar cases: a June 2019 incident in which seven motorcyclists were struck and killed in New Hampshire, and a December 2020 incident in which five bicyclists were struck and killed in Nevada.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/houston-bicyclists-struck-teen-driver-alleged-prank-waller-county
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:43:10 AM EDT
[#1]
A few people that live down the street from me are victims.

I'm not defending the little punk shit, but to be fair, our local cyclists are douchebags of the 1st degree. This was almost certainly a case of assholes colliding (pun intended)
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:43:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately, many here will consider the driver to be a hero.
ETA: I hope that the cyclists hire a very good and aggressive attorney.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:46:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Mah'  Cummins strikes again.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:47:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not defending the little punk shit, but to be fair, our local cyclists are douchebags of the 1st degree. This was almost certainly a case of assholes colliding (pun intended)
View Quote

Yeah hope everyone makes it ok but wouldn't surprise me if they were rolling 4 wide and tried to brakecheck diesel kid or something
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

How are they "douchebags"?
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:47:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Not saying its right, but I understand
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:47:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Over fueling a diesel to blow smoke is stupid. Riding bikes on the road with cars is equally stupid.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:48:07 AM EDT
[#8]
They would get more respect if they didn't wear the clown jerseys.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:48:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Wasthatwrong.gif
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:49:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Was it a Dodge/Ram?
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:50:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Over fueling a diesel to blow smoke is stupid. Riding bikes on the road with cars is equally stupid.
View Quote

If it's a legal activity  on that stretch of road why is it "stupid "?
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:50:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:50:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is nothing wrong with riding a bike on the road. You should be single file. You should be on the shoulder. You probably shouldn't ride on busy winding mountain roads with no shoulder for fun.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:51:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Hope they throw the little shit in prison for a decade or two.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:52:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, many here will consider the driver to be a hero.
View Quote

Yeah.  

ARFCOM loves freedom, as long as it doesn't inconvenience their commute.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:53:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There is nothing wrong with riding a bike on the road. You should be single file. You should be on the shoulder. You probably shouldn't ride on busy winding mountain roads with no shoulder for fun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But the shoulders all filled up with debris!
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:55:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They would get more respect if they didn't wear the clown jerseys.
View Quote

I disagree. Don't really care what you wear, go be happy and do your thing.
Cyclists never bothered me, I go around when safe and give them room. I hold traffic when it's not safe to go around.
They don't cost me time or money.

The vehicle is at fault. Didn't see a video or pics from the link.
Coal bro was obviously a retard.

He ruined many lives, and if you want to put a monetary value on it, about $35k in bike damage.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:56:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hope they throw the little shit in prison for a decade or two.
View Quote

Is it hard washing “coal” off of your Prius?
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:58:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

But the shoulders all filled up with debris!
View Quote

They do tend to have a little more crap on them but with some self sealing tires i've never had an issue and the street sweepers do seem to hit the shoulders too.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:58:30 AM EDT
[#20]
See kids, this is what happens when you play with your toys in the road…
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:59:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Physics? Same reason it would be idiotic to pull out in front of an 18 wheeler going 65mph in your smart car  (or other micro car) and expect him to be able to stop on a dime. Just cause you can do something (legally) doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to do it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 12:59:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I never said its illegal. Its stupid because cars and bikes don't mix. Cars will always win and bicyclists will always ride in a way to disrupt traffic. Very rarely do they ride single wide leaving enough passing room for cars. By riding a bicycle on the road you are putting your safety in the hands of the stupidest drivers distracted by their cellphones to look out for you. Just because its legal doesn't mean it a good idea.

I'm saying this as someone who was rear ended and ran over by a f250 10 years ago as I was slowing down to make a turn on my motorcycle. The guy was texting and never saw my break lights.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:00:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Vehicles shouldn't be driving dangerously or with disregard on blind or unknown roads.

If you want to wind it out on a clear path, heck yeah go for it.
Driving like an ass on blind roads, you're the asshole.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:00:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Sorry, if he hit people rolling coal he is at fault.

I don’t like idiots riding shoulder to shoulder 4 wide either but you can them over for it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:00:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Penalties offset. Replay down. Well, heal up then replay down.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:01:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen groups of bicyclers spread out across an entire lane on a 2 lane road and when a car started to pass some of them moved over into the opposite lane to try and prevent cars from passing them.

I've seen a big group of bicyclers, like 50 of them, make a left turn across oncoming traffic on a road with 2 lanes each way.  They were yelling "Car!" as they turned right in front of cars.  The drivers slammed on brakes to avoid hitting them.  It looked like they were willing to commit suicide in an attempt to cause cars to crash.

Are either of those enough to use the term "douchebag" to describe?

I don't know what this group may or may not have done, but nothing would surprise me any more.  Bicyclers on the road are kind of like deer - you never know what they will do.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:01:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:01:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed, but as a cyclist you need to understand cars and bikes are like water and oil. Every time you ride on the road bicycle or motorcycle you are putting your life in the hand of other people. Cars win every time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:02:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Keep your toy off the road and it wouldn't happen.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:02:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:03:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Did the little cunt have airhorns too?
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:04:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Kids do stupid shit and that was very stupid.

I hope the bikers come out okay and I hope this doesn't ruin the kid's life already.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:04:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Penalties offset. Replay down. Well, heal up then replay down.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:06:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Keep your toy off the road and it wouldn't happen.
View Quote

Seriously drives me crazy that motorists don't take responsibility for motoring.

It's the most ridiculous abhorrent shit. You are the fucking driver, be excellent, or at least good enough. Anticipate, evaluate, plan, execute.

You sound like the stupid tesla autopilot turds that don't know how a car works, it's embarrassing.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:06:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Gee, that's not fucked up or anything.  

And to think, I just read in another thread here how you shouldn't have to be 21 to buy a pistol.  Because, you know, teenagers are soooooo responsible...
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:06:58 AM EDT
[#36]
When assholes collide . But for real, rolling coal is hella gay, and deliberately covering bystanders in soot is hella hella gay.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:08:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some people rage at getting delayed during their drive.  Others listen to "Cool Kids" and strive to get noticed, as the driver of the pickup in the OP news story evidently did.

Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:08:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Kids do stupid shit and that was very stupid.

I hope the bikers come out okay and I hope this doesn't ruin the kid's life already.
View Quote

Yep, I thank God some of the stupid shit I did in my car as kid didn't kill me or others. At 16 this kid was just fucking around its awful people got hurt.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:11:13 AM EDT
[#39]
You have to be nuts to ride your bicycle on the street where I live, but people do.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:14:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Dumbass
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:14:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

My experience with the roadies has been similar here.  Runners, usually a fair to decent group.  Road bikers, seem to always have their knickers in a wad and think they should be able to ride 4 wide.  Not taking the kid’s side on this, but some bikers really need to check their attitude
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:15:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Article says another truck did it to them right before the kid did. I bet they were pissed about the first truck, heard the kid about to do the same thing and swerved into his path to make him stop but he wasn't able to. For the record, rolling coal is stupid, waste of fuel and basically proof that you have no idea how a high horsepower diesel should run. Gale banks of banks performance has a couple videos talking shit about the black smoke and the tards who want it. He's hilarious talking about it
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:16:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:17:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Gee, that's not fucked up or anything.  

And to think, I just read in another thread here how you shouldn't have to be 21 to buy a pistol.  Because, you know, teenagers are soooooo responsible...
View Quote

Another ‘21 gun grabber. Shocking.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:18:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Did the little cunt have airhorns too?
View Quote

Lol sounds like my neighbors son. Him and all his buddies drive old 7.3s lifted with air horns.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:21:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Stop blocking road, fags.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:26:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I never said its illegal. Its stupid because cars and bikes don't mix. Cars will always win and bicyclists will always ride in a way to disrupt traffic. Very rarely do they ride single wide leaving enough passing room for cars. By riding a bicycle on the road you are putting your safety in the hands of the stupidest drivers distracted by their cellphones to look out for you. Just because its legal doesn't mean it a good idea.

I'm saying this as someone who was rear ended and ran over by a f250 10 years ago as I was slowing down to make a turn on my motorcycle. The guy was texting and never saw my break lights.
View Quote

Most jurisdictions unless prohibited, cyclists can take a full lane and are supposed to be given the same berth as a motor vehicle, not usually the case on highways or interstates but when I used to cycle there was a local campaign that said “bicycles, cars, same roads, same laws”.  The ads used to show a cyclist in a plan view with the outline of a car around him.  It was also illegal to overtake a cyclist to make a right hand turn…
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:26:34 AM EDT
[#48]
I never knew people hated cyclists until reading  these arfcom threads with fat bodies stroking their pathetic peckers at the thought of road bikers getting run over.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:27:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Hornblasters K3LA Nathan airchime firestone ride rite airbags viar 444c compressor

He should have opted for Nathan Airchimes instead.

Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:27:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Burning the flag is legal, and I have opinions about assholes who do that too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top