Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2022 8:53:52 AM EDT
Which of these 3 (Amazon or BRK/B or PLD) would you toss a few bucks at as potential grow in the next 3-5 years and why?
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:04:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I own some AMZN. I think the consensus is that it is overpriced by a mile. I don't think many would recommend buying it now.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I looked at all three and choose "none of the above". Okay, that wasn't a choice.

I sold out of Amazon recently and made a good return, but it looks overpriced to me. The other two would not be interesting to me for various reasons.

But, I am not in a buying mood right now until I get a feel for what the real estate market is going to do, and until some geopolitical problems get clarified or worked out, so I am probably not the right person to make a choice.

If I did pick one, it probably would be Amazon.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Amazon's retail side is showing cracks. The AWS and technology side is growing. At ~$141 it is an attractive price to the Average Joe for the name brand but slightly overvalued to those who dig deep into the numbers. Probably in a couple years when things settle down and technology booms again, AZMN will pop up big. Unfortunately while you wait there isn't even a dividend payout.

BRK-B is one of those slow to grow positions. To me they are still old school fundamentals beyond the patience of most of today's investors. I got some in 2000 at near $40 and today it's just passed $300. This is a set and forget stock for a decade or more. The wildcard is Buffet's successor. He's already got the players in place but when he's gone, will the people trust the successor?

PLD I never looked at until today. It intrigues me that it is commercial warehouse real estate instead of office. Could be somewhat tied into the AMZN as our economy moves towards logistics and distribution with less retail space, warehousing might be where it's at. For ~$140 it's same price as AMZN.

Not saying I would buy PLD but it's the one that catches my eye the most at the moment
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 4:48:08 PM EDT
[#5]
What if the 3 options were changed to : GOOG, CLVT or KKR???
Any better or worse?
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Never heard of CLVT but you’d have to drop a lot of money @$13 to make any gains meaningful. No dividends.

GOOG @~120 is one of the stronger techs with its search and home automation. It’s been on a fast rise of about 20 in two weeks. It pays no dividends.

KKR @~52 is an investment company and has made some of the biggest raids on Wall Street. I would imagine they have a pretty good staff to research.

GOOG or KKR are both good
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What if the 3 options were changed to : GOOG, CLVT or KKR???
Any better or worse?
View Quote

Without spending much time on this, here is my down and dirty opinion.

Goog

PE 21.93 higher then I like
Levered free cash flow 51.07 Billion Very good
EBITDA 96.89 Billion earning before income tax and depreciation etc.
ROA 14.93% Return on assets very good
ROE 29.22% very good
5 years growth (expected) 13.65% nice growth
Rated Strong buy
Many Big-boy holders Vanguard, Blackrock etc.
Does not pay a dividend so you will have to sit and wait for growth/profits

CLVT

No earnings-not good
5 year growth expected 14.60% very nice
Rated a buy
I would probably pass on this one unless there is much more to know.

KKR

5 year growth expected 5.85 Yawn
Rated a buy
PE 48.13 this is high IMHO, Dividend 1.10% not exciting
Some big boy holders

As you can see these are quick and short attempt to see how I like these stocks. I would want to spend a bit more time on the numbers before I spent my money, and I wonder why two are rated "buy" when I don't know why.

With only this limited analysis, I would choose Google for me.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Link Posted: 8/18/2022 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 12:14:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top