Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2020 9:14:33 PM EDT
I took the pick guard off this Les Paul and I keep going back and forth on if I should put it back on. My other Les Pauls didn't have the guard installed from the factory so their tops don't have the screw hole which is kind of bugging me on this one. I know it's a trivial thing. So opinions please.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I've always liked the "off" look. The "on" look, to me, screams "1950s" to much.  Just ignore the screw hole. Since of the most famous musicians in history had bigger holes than that in their guitars.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 10:15:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe a nice beige pearloid one to dress it up.

TYCOM
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 10:48:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I like both, the hole doesn’t bother me. Most of mine have the guards, never thought about it before.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 10:54:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Christmas guitar
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:00:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the comments. I think I will leave it off. I've always been more partial to the guard off on the figured tops.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:01:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
That is a beautiful Taylor. How's it sound?
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 1:09:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Definitely leave off. I love the zebra/cream binding combo. What i was going for with mine...

Link Posted: 1/11/2020 9:44:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I have one with holes (and pickguard on) and one without holes.  I just keep them in their original configuration.  They both look fine to me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 1:02:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Definitely leave off. I love the zebra/cream binding combo. What i was going for with mine...

https://i.postimg.cc/8kFghqT2/20191228-180049.jpg
View Quote
The red on your Ibanez is beautiful. Does it have some fine flake in it? From the pic it looks like some sparkle is in there but could be my screen or piss poor eyes. I bought this LP used. The more subtle flame, light burst and zebra combo drew me to check it out at a Guitar Center. It plays like a dream and sounds even better. The pickups are Seymour Duncan alnico 2 pros that the previous owner put in.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The red on your Ibanez is beautiful. Does it have some fine flake in it? From the pic it looks like some sparkle is in there but could be my screen or piss poor eyes. I bought this LP used. The more subtle flame, light burst and zebra combo drew me to check it out at a Guitar Center. It plays like a dream and sounds even better. The pickups are Seymour Duncan alnico 2 pros that the previous owner put in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/8kFghqT2/20191228-180049.jpg
Definitely some flake, can be seen better in the pic before pickup swap.

Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:27:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I like the look of them without the pick guard, but that hole would bother me more than a pick guard would.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 2:19:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd put it on. The way I play I end up with all kinds of scratches and a marred finish.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd put it on. The way I play I end up with all kinds of scratches and a marred finish.
View Quote
Qft. My pick guard in my strat is scratched up.

I am lusting after this and i like the pickguard

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top