BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you ever notice that the code Data says and the code the computer displays doesn't match?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No codes, huh? Guess that wouldn't be very convenient for the plot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rERApU26PcA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iXscnP-3U8

Did you ever notice that the code Data says and the code the computer displays doesn't match?

The video was badly out of sync when I previewed it on my phone. Wasn't sure if it was a problem with the uploaded video or what. Does it not match in the actual episode? If not, I've never noticed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:35:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Data never existed in alt-future and never went into the past with Picard and company on the Enterprise.
View Quote

It was still a couple days before alt-future branched off though, right?

I hate time travel.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The video was badly out of sync when I previewed it on my phone. Wasn't sure if it was a problem with the uploaded video or what. Does it not match in the actual episode? If not, I've never noticed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No codes, huh? Guess that wouldn't be very convenient for the plot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rERApU26PcA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iXscnP-3U8

From what I understand it didn't match in the actual episode.  I never noticed either.  I read about it somewhere several years ago.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Star Trek: Picard Season 2, Episodes 4 and 5 - re:View
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You need an editor.  Too many distracting grammatical errors.
View Quote

Most of us can only deal with a small paragraph yet 'walls of text' keep getting posted here over and over.
Who is reading them?
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Just finished watching their review.

Good Lord, this show looks even worse than I could have imagined just from the clips they play.

I'm convinced at this point the only reason it continues to be made is it's a money laundering operation.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Most of us can only deal with a small paragraph yet 'walls of text' keep getting posted here over and over.
Who is reading them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You need an editor.  Too many distracting grammatical errors.

Who is reading them?

PC master race.

Forums are for full size laptops and desktop pcs, not for people sucking on the adult pacifier with the tiny screen.

24 inch and larger screens FTW.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I didn't bother watching any of that show... I only know a bit about it from The Drinker.

It looks like a shitshow, and they've shit all over the legacy of what Star Trek was.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Usually done hundreds of times in Star Trek some alien species is about to wipe out all humanity till hero somebody comes to the rescue. So in Picard they flipped it and the big terror is  humanity won against all the aliens and Earth is safe unless the heroes come to the rescue. When seconds are counting down and the heroes are supposed to change everything in some dramatic heroic action if Picard were to just lie down and take a nap it might just be better television.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 9:49:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The first series lost me when Will's married name was revealed as 'Will Troi-Riker.'
View Quote

For real?

Link Posted: 4/5/2022 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#12]

They already have a teaser for Season 3.

NOSTALGIA-BAIT ALL THE THINGS!

Link Posted: 4/5/2022 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Next generation Cast reunion for end of season 3

More here
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:32:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Paramount Confirm STAR TREK is DEAD (Throws in the Towel with Picard)
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Drinker vid clip from a longer stream, featuring Trek production alum Robert Meyer Burnett.

Not necessarily about Picard but, not limited to STD as both shows are plagued by the same problems:

Star Trek No Longer Understands Star Trek
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Gary went live about a half hour ago on his Ep6 review:

Picard Season 2 Episode 6 One of Number Two REVIEW
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 10:52:26 PM EDT
[#18]
The show sure has gone a bit leftist. INS is bad, makes people disappear, and money is bad. People shouldn't be rich and wealthy while homelessness exists. Some real commie crap.
Surprised they didin't make it about going back to 2024 to stop Trump from getting reelected or some shit to save the future from totalitarian rule.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#19]
As usual, Drinker nails it!

Star Trek Picard - No More Reviews, I'm Out

Picard Season 2 Episode 7 Monsters REVIEW
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Watched episode 7 last night. I am intrigued by the budding lesbian relationship between Seven of Nine and the alcoholic black chick. I am hoping they explore that in a graphic way.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Gaius Baltar asks Jean Luc Picard the important question:

“Who’s your daddy?”
View Quote

It was cool to see Gaius there. And Talinn/Laris looks pretty good to be 61 years old.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The first series lost me when Will's married name was revealed as 'Will Troi-Riker.'
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
For real?

@GI-45

Check it out.

Meet the Troi-Riker Family! Star Trek: Picard Brings Back Will & Deanna! "Nepenthe"

Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#24]
As far as I'm concerned, this is the last time we saw Picard:

Captain Picard Joined the Poker Game
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Picard Season 2 Episode 8 Mercy REVIEW
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:55:42 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't get the whole Dr. Soong story line. There are 300 years difference between this one and the other one. Has he or his ancestors been working on AI/Android for that time or is future Dr. Soong also an android created by past Dr. Soong that he made look like him and that eventually created Data and Lore?
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:42:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Picard Season 2 Episode 9 Hide and Seek REVIEW
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:47:27 PM EDT
[#28]
The borg have learned diversity is their strength.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:30:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#30]
RLM review is up
Star Trek: Picard Season 2, Episodes 6, 7, 8, and 9 - re:View

The Stand By Me reference is apt
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
RLM review is up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3RBuVpwsFQ

View Quote

Been a long, tiring day. I know what I'm watching when I get home.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RLM review is up

Half way through... It really is astounding at how bad they've managed to make these characters. Having Seven say, "They're not people anymore. They're Borg!", is quite possibly the height of stupidity.

Rich Evans described this and all modern Trek the most succinctly I've heard it, "This is a show designed to make morons feel smart." You'd be hard pressed to put it any better.

ETA: An actual emotional ending to the review. I know exactly where Mike is coming from. I felt that way a while ago when I saw what they were doing. Now I'm just bitter about what they've done to Trek and I won't ever forgive or forget about it. But I understand where Mike is coming from, you can only point and laugh at the train wreck for so long before the reality of it sets in and why he's lost the spirit, like The Drinker, to keep on pointing and laughing. We're literally watching the death of a part of our culture at the hands of cultural vandals.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 11:18:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Half way through... It really is astounding at how bad they've managed to make these characters. Having Seven say, "They're not people anymore. They're Borg!", is quite possibly the height of stupidity.

Rich Evans described this and all modern Trek the most succinctly I've heard it, "This is a show designed to make morons feel smart." You'd be hard pressed to put it any better.

ETA: An actual emotional ending to the review. I know exactly where Mike is coming from. I felt that way a while ago when I saw what they were doing. Now I'm just bitter about what they've done to Trek and I won't ever forgive or forget about it. But I understand where Mike is coming from, you can only point and laugh at the train wreck for so long before the reality of it sets in and why he's lost the spirit, like The Drinker, to keep on pointing and laughing. We're literally watching the death of a part of our culture at the hands of cultural vandals.
View Quote

I think I understand most of what Mike is trying to articulate.
When I heard that Star Trek was coming back (STD and Picard) I felt hopeful and excited, looking forward to continue the great experiences of when I was younger.
Similar to having a great person, someone you loved dearly many years ago, show up back in your life.  And then she turns out to be a meth/crack addict hooker who is a POS and treats you as a money source (Paramount+) and sucker.  You know it will end badly with the drugs and lifestyle but there is nothing you can do but watch the person you cared for so much slowly die away.

Damn.  FU P+ and CBS and everybody involved in NuTrek.

TYCOM
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
RLM review is up

View Quote

They outdid themselves on this review. I watched through without falling asleep.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 12:00:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

When I heard that Star Trek was coming back (STD and Picard) I felt hopeful and excited, looking forward to continue the great experiences of when I was younger.
Similar to having a great person, someone you loved dearly many years ago, show up back in your life.  And then she turns out to be a meth/crack addict hooker who is a POS and treats you as a money source (Paramount+) and sucker.  You know it will end badly with the drugs and lifestyle but there is nothing you can do but watch the person you cared for so much slowly die away.

TYCOM
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TYCOM

Yep, that's what I thought when I heard about STD. Then I heard about Picard after actually seeing STD and I was far less enthused but thought, "Well, they have good source material, how bad can they really fuck it up?"

And here we are.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 12:01:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Not reading that, or watching this awful show.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 8:04:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Kill them without mercy, there's no recovering from being Borgified.  

Isn't that right, Seven?
Attachment Attached File

Isn't that right, Locutus?
Attachment Attached File

Isn't that right, Hugh?
Attachment Attached File

Isn't that right, kids, including infant?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Isn't that right colony from that episode of Voyager who more or less de-Borged themselves after their cube was crippled?
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 1:03:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Just finished up season 2 i like how Q finally told picard he was his favorite. Nice closer on everything.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 5:04:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Just when you think it can't get worse. Wesley Crusher shows up.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 12:23:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Just when you think it can't get worse. Wesley Crusher shows up.
View Quote

I just deleted the recording settings/program from the DVR.  

What a load of garbage.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#43]
It's garbage.  Like most of everything produced from 2000 and beyond.  Empty cartoonish garbage parading as "smart" entertainment.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:32:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It could have been so much more but they had to get their woke licks in.

They failed several basic things like they didn’t even mention Picard’s big brother.  

View Quote

I thought Picard's brother died in a fire. Wasn't that part of the plot of the first Next Generation movie?
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't understand how Rene Picard's finding of the micro organism on Europa is supposed to save the world from pollution or climate change when there was a nuclear war in 2053 in The First Contact movie. Or are we supposed to pretend that movie never happened?

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:10:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:I understand where Mike is coming from, you can only point and laugh at the train wreck for so long before the reality of it sets in and why he's lost the spirit, like The Drinker, to keep on pointing and laughing. We're literally watching the death of a part of our culture at the hands of cultural vandals.
View Quote
Up until now, I had assumed that the reason the modern hollywood left had been "rebooting" and essentially ruining all of the stories and franchises in American prose and cinema was because they were creatively bankrupt and witless. But maybe it's more than that. This is beginning to look like purposeful, malicious destruction of art, substituting offensively stupid, retarded garbage for good storytelling. Which is standard procedure during a marxist cultural takeover, which we are witnessing day by day.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:14:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I thought Picard's brother died in a fire. Wasn't that part of the plot of the first Next Generation movie?
View Quote

But there was no sign of the older brother in the flashback sequences.   Not even a passing mention.

He got Kurtzmanned.

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#49]
So what was worse: GoT S8 or Picard, any season
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Picard Season 2 Episode 10 Farewell REVIEW
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top