Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 18
Posted: 8/7/2020 1:59:38 PM EDT
https://newsmaven.io/pinacnews/eye-on-government/watch-phoenix-cops-kill-man-after-responding-to-noise-complaint-over-video-game-AsvFt-AHpkeQlcgNj5qiTA

Ryan Whitaker was sitting at home with his girlfriend playing video games when he was killed by police.
A noise complaint from an annoyed neighbor resulted in cops shooting and killing a man within five seconds of him opening his front door.

Ryan Whitaker opened the door holding a gun in his right hand which is legal to do in Arizona but it made the cops fear for their lives.

However, the cops never gave him a chance to put the gun down which he appeared to be trying to do when one cop shot him in the back three times.

Looks like a bad shoot.  I don't think the guy could have complied any faster or better.

Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#1]
What time to the protests start?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Bad shoot.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:02:48 PM EDT
[#3]
When do we riot? I need a new TV.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Never open the door without plates
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Hard to watch.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:03:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Not black no care
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Was it Pac-Man

waca waca waca waca waca waca ?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Best case scenario: it was the notorious ding dong ditcher and you just aggressively confronted him with a gun. Worst case scenario is what actually happened. The best case scenario is still pretty fucking stupid so maybe don’t confront unknown people ringing your doorbell by swinging it open with a visible gun in your hand.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:08:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Cops.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Best case scenario: it was the notorious ding dong ditcher and you just aggressively confronted him with a gun. Worst case scenario is what actually happened. The best case scenario is still pretty fucking stupid so maybe don’t confront unknown people ringing your doorbell by swinging it open with a visible gun in your hand.
View Quote

so its the guy's fault?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Jesus.  I'm not sure what more the guy could have done to show he was submitting to their commands.  Showed his hands, lowered the gun and started going down to the ground.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Again, people calling the cops over nothing, and cops overreacting. What a fucking surprise.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't see how he even had time to comply. We riot at 9.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Guy must be white.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:13:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good take officer.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:13:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Wasn't this back in May?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://newsmaven.io/pinacnews/eye-on-government/watch-phoenix-cops-kill-man-after-responding-to-noise-complaint-over-video-game-AsvFt-AHpkeQlcgNj5qiTA

Ryan Whitaker was sitting at home with his girlfriend playing video games when he was killed by police.
A noise complaint from an annoyed neighbor resulted in cops shooting and killing a man within five seconds of him opening his front door.

Ryan Whitaker opened the door holding a gun in his right hand which is legal to do in Arizona but it made the cops fear for their lives.

However, the cops never gave him a chance to put the gun down which he appeared to be trying to do when one cop shot him in the back three times.

Looks like a bad shoot.  I don't think the guy could have complied any faster or better.

View Quote

Fuck those cops.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:14:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Needs mor social worker
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:14:43 PM EDT
[#19]
This aint no video game son.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Cops doing cop things. But since it wasn't a black guy, nobody cares.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#21]
So he wasn’t actually sitting down playing video games when he was shot? The media has lied again.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:14:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Wasn't this back in May?
View Quote

22 May according to the time stamp.
I don’t recall what became of it
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow. I wouldn't have shot that guy.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:15:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Jesus.  I'm not sure what more the guy could have done to show he was submitting to their commands.  Showed his hands, lowered the gun and started going down to the ground.
View Quote

Must be a Arizona thing... comply and get shot anyways now demonstrated on camera twice.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dumbest fucking post of the year award goes to. . . .
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wasn't this back in May?

Officers hired by Mesa and promoted??
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#27]
From that video, bad shoot.  Really, really bad.

Victim can't see who's at the door and anybody can announce themselves as police.

Opens door and is blinded by very bright flashlight.  Still can't see people in hall.

Turns to either drop gun or run back into apartment.

Gets shot.

Really bad shoot.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#28]
I guess we should riot.

Fuck that cop that shot. If they would have stood where he could have seen them when he opened the door or actually did a decent job of announcing themselves, this never would have happened.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:17:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I mean ok I don't know that I would answer the door like that but horribly bad shoot.
Lemme see your hands! Bang bang bang!
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Meh my bet was he was expecting a neighbor complaining about the noise and was going to give him shit. I don't think he was expecting the police and shit himself when it was actually the cops.

Seemed to come out of the apartment a bit to quickly / aggressively while holding a gun ..... just didn't seem "normal" to me.

I think he was all set to go off on someone and got fucked by his attitude.

Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Trigger-happy cop murdered a guy.  I hope it haunts him every day...plus prison.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Must be a Arizona thing... comply and get shot anyways now demonstrated on camera twice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In a just world the cops in these incidents would have a date with the hangman's noose. Maybe have their respective departments formed up to witness, "pour encourager les autres."
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:20:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Meh my bet was he was expecting a neighbor complaining about the noise and was going to give him shit. I don't think he was expecting the police and shit himself when it was actually the cops.

Seemed to come out of the apartment a bit to quickly / aggressively while holding a gun ..... just didn't seem "normal" to me.

I think he as all set to go off on someone and got fucked by his attitude.

View Quote

His "attitude", as in "I'll stoop down and put this gun on the ground"?  
He got 3 in the back, point blank for that.

That "attitude"?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Never open the door without plates
View Quote

Never open the door...especially for cops
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't see how he even had time to comply. We riot at 9.
View Quote

To me, it looked like he was complying.
It looked liked he realized they were cops, and he was putting his free hand up while putting the gun on the ground.
From that video, that looks like a textbook bad shoot.

Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:21:40 PM EDT
[#36]
And here many in GD claim you should never answer the door without a weapon in hand, just in case

Cop needs a long stay in prison
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:22:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Damn, don't think he could have complied any faster.

What was that officer thinking?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:23:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Damn, don't think he could have complied any faster.

What was that officer thinking?
View Quote

That he's a cop and can literally get away with murder?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:23:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Terrible shoot. Caller admits to exaggerating circumstances to get a police response. I guess putting a gun down while trying to get down is an aggressive act to PPD
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That he's a cop and can will literally get away with murder?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/138374/zoomin-428901-768826.gif

Holy shit I was just about to make this exact post.
Don't worry though this thread is still young!

Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#43]
With the crap happening now, the police should not be shocked by someone answering the door with a gun.  

Complete failure by the police.  Trust slipped even more.  Can't wait for the investigation performed on internally saying it was all good.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Was it Pac-Man

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Was it Pac-Man

Quoted:
What time to the protests start?

Quoted:
Was it Pac-Man

Sorry, this doesn't really put me in the joking mood.

Terrible shoot...
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#45]
a comment from the news report:

further info- upstairs neighbor admitted that he said it was getting violent to get Police there faster, and that Cops knew it was bogus.  
Also if you notice cops stepped out of View of peephole and owners could not see who it was, hence answering armed.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Cops doing cop things. But since it wasn't a black guy, nobody cares.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Bad shoot.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:26:29 PM EDT
[#48]
If was a social worker dude may not got shot.....

Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
And here many in GD claim you should never answer the door without a weapon in hand, just in case

View Quote

Shooting white guys playing a video game is no big deal.

Early retirement, 80% pension, and the ability not to go work for the neighboring PD is about as good as we can hope for.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 2:26:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's good ways to answer a door with weapon in hand and bad ways... That was a bad way.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top