Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Tacked Pet Memorial thread (Page 4 of 5)
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 1:54:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Leia, my little ferret. I raised her from a baby, saved one of her eyes when she poked it early on while learning how climbing works, and then gave her four happy years traveling the country, running around and stealing all my spare MICH pads and stashing them in odd places. She always liked to carefully stack them one on top of another. When I moved into an RV fulltime to start a homestead, she couldn't have the life she was used to and was mostly stuck in her cage, so I let the ex take her in. Three weeks later she developed a bowel obstruction and said ex heard it "could be" cancer, so decided to have her put down rather than actually diagnose it or try to treat her. I wasn't physically present and got shut out of the conversation so I couldn't even step in and save her. I'm sorry I failed to keep you safe in the end…

Link Posted: 10/24/2019 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

Jinx...  we lost him last night to kidney failure.  He literally died in my arms.  He was only about 3 (we rescued him when he was little).

It's amazing how much something so physically small takes up such a large piece of your heart...

You'll be missed, little buddy..
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Bitch of a day, Chance, our big sweet boy died this morning. I was with him and he never woke up and didn't even have the spasms that normally occur when they die. We had him on gabapentine, I read that it was a very effective pain killer for dogs. He spent his last weeks pain-free and happy!

He's on the right

Link Posted: 11/19/2019 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Lost both our dogs last Friday.  Nibbles was an old guy ant almost 15, and a great companion.  We decided to put him down due to his rear legs just not working well and he couldn't control when and where bathroom breaks took place.  It was hard enough, but we knew the time was coming for a bit now.

Bella was a rescue and loved everyone. Played all the time with a ton of energy.  In September she started walking funny, losing her balance, ect.  We took her to MSU vet clinic and they thought it was an inner ear infection.  We treated her with Antibiotics and Prednisone.  Started doing better, then when the script ran out, BAM, like hitting a wall.  We got more meds and after 4 weeks or so she was looking ok, but a different dog in terms of demeanor.  She was now very timid and did not like to be picked up at all.  The antibiotics ran out and she still was doing ok. The prednisone ran out and 4 days later she collapsed and passed at our house within 2 hrs of falling down.

In hindsight, we believe she was suffering from Meningitis and the Prednisone was keeping it at bay.  I read further into it and it seems there is really no great treatment, and once they stop taking the steriod they fall fast, which she did.

Her death has been tougher to deal with, as she was so young and up until 7 weeks ago, totally healthy.  Part of me regrets not spending $$ for spinal taps and MRI diagnosis, but reading into dogs and meningitis, maybe it was for the best she passed and doesn't have to suffer.

Anyway, the kids are heartbroken and the house just feels empty. The noises you are used to are no longer there.  The play toys and bowls just make you ache inside.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 6:03:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rob78] [#5]
I just went to the vet did the best thing I think I could've done.  I still feel bad about it.

Millie (the brown dog in the pictures) came to me along with another stray (Mitzi) when I was in my junior year of college.  She was about 6 months old, at most.  It took me 2 months to get them to trust me.  Mitzi had been beaten severely and didn't like people (coincidentally, she became the sweetest dog I've ever had).  They finally agreed to come inside one morning and that was that.  I cleaned them up, repeated baths/dips, ear cleaning, nail clipping.

Mitzi was 18 when she passed two years ago.  Millie was 17.  Millie was the most stubborn dog I've owned bar none.  If I told her not to do something, like a 5 year old kid, she had to test the boundaries.  Bathe her after rolling in fishguts, she'd find a deer gutpile the minute I'd put her back outside.  She would snag food too close to the edge of the coffee table.  I loved her to death nonetheless.  She loved chest scratches, being outside, and making me get off the couch for no reason whatsoever.

For the last year, I had to put her in diapers.  She hated them and found ways to take them off.  I hated doing it.  Dementia meant she could no longer find the food bowl, so I fed her baked chicken and eggs on her own plate as I fended off the cat and puppy...every day, 3 times a day.  She was mostly blind and somewhat deaf, but she knew her way around.  But dementia coupled with blindness resulted in her being tense and nervous.  I could feel her "melt" when I'd pick her up, she'd just relax all the way.

She was a great friend and was by my side during some of my worst years.  I sit here in my office with the door closed, crying like a little girl.  Miss you Millie and I'll see you soon.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:33:34 AM EDT
[#6]
My family lost one of our flock today and it fucking hurts.

Chico was a B&G Macaw. I adopted him from an elderly lady who rescued him from years of mistreatment and a life in a small cage in a closet.
Chico came to us with a plucked bare chest, back, legs and neck. He was an extremely aggressive bird that didn’t trust anyone, hated his small cage that was more fit for an Amazon, and would wimpier “no” when we walked by a closet. The first thing we did for him was get him a brand new cage, one fit for a king. I didn’t even have two sides completely bolted together before he ran to it and climbed on the side happily.
I spent a year working basic rehab with him and getting him to trust myself and then my wife who he ended up choosing to be his human.
Chico was a goody guy that would tell the other two Macaws to “Shuttup.. F$&k!”, play peekaboo and just act the goofy macaw we expect from a Blue and Gold.

I’d like to say we gave him a good five years with us. That we did our best for him. Truth is we could have done better but isn’t that always the case?

Last night our crazy guy that liked to “ooooh” when given fruit was not acting himself, he was hunkered down on his perch, his cage smelled foul from diarrhea and he had donut on his beak.
I kept my buddy warm, comfortable and got him to drink some water while laying in front of a daylight lamp for vitamin D. This morning I took him to an exotics ER that I didn’t know about, he had perked up some but I didn’t like what I saw. My buddy died today. Turned out his kidney ruptured almost in two, the Avon vet has never seen that before, she’d seen kidney failure but not in an approximately 18 year old bird.
I struggle with sadness and satisfaction knowing this wasn’t caused by my family and that we gave him five great years of love after years of misery.
Give your feathered family a neck scratch and kiss for me and mine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:42:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Beautiful bird there.

My condolences...
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 3:00:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ludder093] [#9]
Goodbye Sassy. You were a special little girl and my best friend the past 17.5 years. Woman have come and gone but you've always been there with me. Hunting and fishing and going everywhere with me.  When her your little body went limp in my arms . It broke my fucking heart and I died with you. I have nothing left to give after this even though I've known for almost 2 years that she was in Kidney failure. I did all I could to keep upi eating. I brought you taco bell, arbies, wendies and McDonalds every night after work.  I am lost without my little girl. I have nothing to get out of bed for anymore. R.I.P. my precious little girl and my best friend. If love could have saved you, you'd have lived forever.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File

Piper. Rare form of bone cancer, obvious pain, forced me into the tough decision. 1/27/20.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#11]
RIP to all the good boys and girls.
The cruelest thing is how much shorter their lives are, compared to ours.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 11:36:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyG] [#12]

We had to help Tripoli go over the bridge today.

In November, he was 69 lbs of happy greyhound appetite.

Around Christmas week, he was starting to show symptoms consistent with IBD or Lymphoma, but nothing conclusive was determined in his subsequent biopsy and radiological exams. I don't yet know the cause of his decline, but I couldn't dismiss the results.  Maybe his postmortem will reveal what happened. (2/15/20 ETA: Yeah, it was fucking Alimentary Lymphoma... we did right by him, as quick and profound as it was.)

We'd been treating him as having IBD in the mean time, so had him on a restricted prescription protein (rabbit) diet, without any success beyond him not vomiting regularly any longer.

By this afternoon, he was only 41 lbs, weak, wobbly and refusing to eat most everything offered over the last couple of days, and couldn't finish the few things he'd still eat.

I know that they all always are, but he was always a good boy.

RIP Tripoli, 1 Feb 2014 - 4 Feb 2020
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 2:33:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Goostoff] [#13]
RIP Gus 1/23/07 - 3/5/19 Lost to the evil Cancer. Even on his death bed he was more concerned with my well being that his own.  Its been almost a year and it is still bringing tears to my eyes to type this

Link Posted: 2/14/2020 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#14]
RIP Ollie.....

he came to our door 11 years ago as a feral kitten found in a neighbors yard....

Started loosing weight about 6 months ago.....which lead to breathing problems, and a lymphoma diagnosis.

We gave him a warm safe home, all the catnip and toys he could handle, and he returned the favor with his unconditional love.

Through rough times, just having him lay on my chest and scratch his chin on mine was as therapeutic as a visit to a doctor.

Today was his last...…

I'll see him again one day...….here he was in prime "bug hunting" form years ago.....

Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:10:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Lost her one year ago tomorrow. Fuck cancer. The finest dog I've ever owned, I still miss her everyday.
RIP Gin(ja) 08.02.10 - 02.15.19
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:00:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry for your loss , Im right there with you brother....JW
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's Conan the Birdbarian. I stole my name from him. He lived to be 24, and went very peacefully. He was an awesome companion. When I'd travel, my wife would do Facetime with me so he could see me. He'd go nuts.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Attachment Attached File

Born 6 June 2006, left us today 22 March 2020, almost 14 years old.  Big lump in her lungs.  Vet came to the house to put her to sleep, she went very quietly.  RIP Daisy
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#19]
RIP Dasher, my bestest buddy.

We adopted Dasher about 10 years ago; he came to us from Louisiana, courtesy of Labs for Rescue. before we had gotten him, he had been hit by a car and his hip broken. His injuries were fixed, along with the heart worms he had acquired, and not long after that, he came into our lives when we adopted him. While we saved Dasher, I like to think that Dasher saved me through his insistence on his daily walks that forced me to get off my butt and start walking, but I think he saved me in many other ways as well.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#20]
2 years today ,I miss you more then ever.  

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JW:
To all those who posted Id like to say thanks for sharing and I am truly sorry for the lost and pain you are going through . I've been in this same spot 6 times and the latest was on the 4th July 2018 as we lost the fight to save our Schnauzer Haley , She was also known as Squeaker and Filthy .
She was a very special friend to me and the wife , a friend that was always there and shared every waking moment of our lives for 12 short years .

Haley , we are devastated by your leaving us. The worlds a darker place with you gone. JWhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/71689/IMG_0272-638501.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/71689/IMG_2613-638507.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/71689/IMG_3448-638511.JPG0.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/71689/IMG_0451-638512.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/71689/IMG_4553-638743.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:31:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Lost my Jazzy Girl today...

My wife got her from the humane society while I was in Afghanistan in 2010. I came home 6 months later to the craziest dog I have ever seen.... I could them see why we were her 3rd family at the ripe old age of 10 months old.

She became the best friend and most gentle and loving dog you ever ask for.  ....  balling my eyes out as I type this.... fuck!

She was diagnosed with a heart murmur about a year ago and has been on a cocktail of meds to help with her condition. Doc gave her 6 months but she made it almost 12 and jusy within the last couple of days I thought to myself that we may be getting close .... i didn't want to have to make that decision but I could tell we were getting close.

The wife called me at work today and said she was dying and said I should come home if I wanted to as she didn't think she had long... got in the truck and I was 5 mins late....  the wife said it was fast. Maybe 20 mins from when she started acting weird to when she passed in my wife's arms... I got gome and petted her head for 3 hours.  Most heartbreaking thing in recent memory not being there for her as she passed.

I really thought that this would be easier because we had seen this coming for some time. I couldn't have been more wrong. There is just a hole .....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 2:28:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Our Norwegian forest cat, Dusty.
My wife brought her home from a shelter in May 2000 as a kitten.
We euthanized her in June, 2019, and I buried her in the yard.
I called her Huntress of the Night when she was younger.  
She was a great pet and my daughters grew up with her.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:12:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By psyop2314:
Lost my Jazzy Girl today...

My wife got her from the humane society while I was in Afghanistan in 2010. I came home 6 months later to the craziest dog I have ever seen.... I could them see why we were her 3rd family at the ripe old age of 10 months old.

She became the best friend and most gentle and loving dog you ever ask for.  ....  balling my eyes out as I type this.... fuck!

She was diagnosed with a heart murmur about a year ago and has been on a cocktail of meds to help with her condition. Doc gave her 6 months but she made it almost 12 and jusy within the last couple of days I thought to myself that we may be getting close .... i didn't want to have to make that decision but I could tell we were getting close.

The wife called me at work today and said she was dying and said I should come home if I wanted to as she didn't think she had long... got in the truck and I was 5 mins late....  the wife said it was fast. Maybe 20 mins from when she started acting weird to when she passed in my wife's arms... I got gome and petted her head for 3 hours.  Most heartbreaking thing in recent memory not being there for her as she passed.

I really thought that this would be easier because we had seen this coming for some time. I couldn't have been more wrong. There is just a hole .....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/304009/FB_IMG_1594784382317_jpg-1504575.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/304009/20200714_221908_jpg-1504580.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/304009/20170112_195426_jpg-1504583.JPG
View Quote

Sounds like a repeat of what we went through 2 years ago this month....Please accept my condolence's , take comfort in knowing you'll see each other again . Hang in there . JW
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Just turned 14 on Tuesday and the vet will be by on Sunday to send her on her way. She was diagnosed with congestive heart failure in March so it's been a long goodbye. Cassie has been a part of my life for almost all of those 14 years and it was the hardest decision I've had to make.

Link Posted: 10/16/2020 10:47:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: heirmossy] [#25]
Rescued this boy at 4 years old in Sept. 2010. He was the most wonderful, gentle, loving buddy anyone could ever have. He was my best friend and we did everything together. I lost him a month ago, cried like a little girl, and never quit. I miss him so much.
First pic is when we brought him home in 2010. The second one is this past summer at 14.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks to you it looks like he had an awesome life..... sorry for your loss
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 4:53:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Thank you
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 5:34:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By birdbarian:
Here's Conan the Birdbarian. I stole my name from him. He lived to be 24, and went very peacefully. He was an awesome companion. When I'd travel, my wife would do Facetime with me so he could see me. He'd go nuts.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/60078/conan_jpg-1326562.JPG
View Quote

People don't understand how attached birds can be. I didn't until we got our Amazon.
Conan looks like an awesome bird.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I finally had to make the decision to let my last little cat go.  Her name was Kitty, and she was 16 years old.  She was such a little character.  I called her the perpetual kitten.  It's like she never grew up.  She always had such a kittenlike meow, was very much a lap cat, and always was playing with something.  She had to lie on keyboards, or anything else you had in front of you.  She'd drag toys to us and even to visitors so they'd play with her.  I always knew when her time came, it would be very difficult.  I just didn't realize how difficult.  Goodbye little girl.  Wherever you are, I hope you find some curtains to crawl up, a ball to bat around, and mice to chase and catch, even if you don't quite know what to do with them.  I just hope I did the right thing for you.  You will be missed terribly.  Til we meet again....
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#30]
RIP, Rufus. You were a good dog.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/7/2020 4:33:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Our girl Kandie crossed the rainbow Bridge yesterday at 11 years old.
Fuck cancer.

At home euthanasia.  We adopted her when she was one and had 10 great years with her. She was a Lab/Pitt mix. She was VERY protective of the kids, but a sweet, sweet girl. She loved eradicating the neighborhood of squirrels,  rabbits,  birds and lizards.

I'm crying like a girl as I type this
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#32]
It's been 2 months...I'm ok enough now to make thos post.

Attachment Attached File

Goodbye Mama Horse. You were an awesome friend. Fuck heart murmurs.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#33]
The late great BooBoo Garbo. Mighty hunter, very floofy. Rescue. Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest Cat, not sure. Very vocal, she heralded her arrival every time she came in a room.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:58:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By t44e6:
The late great BooBoo Garbo. Mighty hunter, very floofy. Rescue. Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest Cat, not sure. Very vocal, she heralded her arrival every time she came in a room.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/293779/FB_IMG_1610500656984_jpg-1776942.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/293779/FB_IMG_1610500665772_jpg-1776946.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/293779/FB_IMG_1610500802450_jpg-1776948.JPG
View Quote

That is a fine looking cat. My condolences on your loss.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#35]
RIP Gunner 06/02/2010-04/16/2021... my best friend...
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 9:29:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Johnny_Reno] [#36]
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Attachment Attached File

Chester a sweet old man.   Cancer got him last month.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 12:59:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By gunwolf:
RIP Gunner 06/02/2010-04/16/2021... my best friend...
View Quote

View Quote

Originally Posted By ErikS:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255381/2BA0C275-FC67-4962-B3BA-6804AC5113E1-203-1920468.JPG

Chester a sweet old man.   Cancer got him last month.
View Quote

After I lost Haley in 2018 I cant help but look at this thread from time to time ,  my heart goes out to all that post here ...remember , you'll meet again

JW
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:40:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 1:16:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mach] [#40]
Stella died 7 Dec 20.

It took me this long to be able to make this post. She is the second of my dogs to be in this thread. She seemed perfectly fine until all of a sudden she wasn't  literally seconds.

Turns out she has severe lung cancer, severe lung fungal infection or covid. Showed up on xray but we never found out exactly what it was. She went from fine to gone in 2 weeks.

I took her death really hard, still am.

We love you Stella girl and miss you very much. Bailey really misses you too. He still seems lost without you. You were a great dog and friend and will always be missed

They were life long buddies. Bailey died Jan 2022. He was fine then he wasn’t. He took Stella’s death really hard and never really recovered. He was mostly sad until he died. He was a great dog too. I edited this post so they could share the same space again. Miss you buddy.

They are together again

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 10:35:38 AM EDT
[#41]

Fuck cancer
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:02:12 AM EDT
[#42]

I don’t think I had one bad day with her for the past 12 years…

Link Posted: 8/23/2021 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#43]
A little over 4 years ago, in an CA forum (which I seldom visit), I saw an ad for a pair of GSD, half brothers, one black, one red, a 5 years old and a 4 years old.
We had a trail meet a week later, and Loki, the older one, stolen my wife's heart, and we adopted both GSD.
A little bit over 2 years ago, on mother's day, Jax passed away, due to a failed operation.
Now today, Loki, 9 years old plus a month, two days before my birthday, passed away at the vet, twisted stomach.
He was able to spent a full day with me and my wife, going down to Orange County and spend a full day there, joining us for some outdoor shopping, lunch and dinner.
This morning, he waited to take our last ride out to the vet, and his heart stopped  literally minutes once the car stopped, and he "kisses" both me and my wife (he does not kiss us before.
He passed away peacefully and quietly at 0930 CA time, in my arms.  The vet tried to revive him and untwist the stomach, but they failed.
I shall miss the two of you, Loki and Jax, and we plan to set up our living trust with their names, to benefit GSD no kill shelters.

Op Sec for no photos
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Barrett. 12 years old. had bone cancer and passed March of this year and his loss still hurts.

Link Posted: 11/14/2021 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Lots of good looking friends, cats, dogs, horses, ferrets and more.

Stay strong friends, pets are awesome and unfortunately don't live as long as humans.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By LAWRENCETHOMPSON:
Lots of good looking friends, cats, dogs, horses, ferrets and more.

Stay strong friends, pets are awesome and unfortunately don't live as long as humans.
View Quote
I wish our furry friends lived longer.  I do find happiness in that we will be reunited at Rainbow Bridge.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By leungken:
A little over 4 years ago, in an CA forum (which I seldom visit), I saw an ad for a pair of GSD, half brothers, one black, one red, a 5 years old and a 4 years old.
We had a trail meet a week later, and Loki, the older one, stolen my wife's heart, and we adopted both GSD.
A little bit over 2 years ago, on mother's day, Jax passed away, due to a failed operation.
Now today, Loki, 9 years old plus a month, two days before my birthday, passed away at the vet, twisted stomach.
He was able to spent a full day with me and my wife, going down to Orange County and spend a full day there, joining us for some outdoor shopping, lunch and dinner.
This morning, he waited to take our last ride out to the vet, and his heart stopped  literally minutes once the car stopped, and he "kisses" both me and my wife (he does not kiss us before.
He passed away peacefully and quietly at 0930 CA time, in my arms.  The vet tried to revive him and untwist the stomach, but they failed.
I shall miss the two of you, Loki and Jax, and we plan to set up our living trust with their names, to benefit GSD no kill shelters.

Op Sec for no photos
View Quote

You and your wife are good folks. I'm sorry this happened to you. @leungken
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:54:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By CherokeeGunslinger:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CherokeeGunslinger:

Op Sec for no photos

Thanks

I still miss the two brothers, and at times, I miss waking up to Jax (my dog) goofy look, staring at me while I sleep.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:42:57 PM EDT
[#49]

Thanks

I still miss the two brothers, and at times, I miss waking up to Jax (my dog) goofy look, staring at me while I sleep.
View Quote

The pain will heal, brother. I lost my childhood friend, Toby, at age 13 due to chronic heart failure and COPD on October 2nd, 2020. He was a very good boy, very loving, always there, though he did like to take steaming dumps on the rug because he thought making my mom mad was funny.

I have a Boston Terrier now, his name is Odie and he's nine months old. Very good boy, with a gray and white coat, still has the gonads. He's a great reminder that we're supposed to give God's creatures comforting, warm homes, and in exchange, they serve as a reminder of God's love (think dog, spelled backwards). No matter what you believe, whatever you hold near and dear in your heart, I hope your dogs gave you all the love they had and that they made you better for it. Things will get better, I promise.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:23:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Tacked Pet Memorial thread (Page 4 of 5)
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top