Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Tacked Pet Memorial thread (Page 3 of 5)
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 6:24:51 AM EDT
[#1]
My beagle, Diego, died two days before Christmas a couple years back.
I had come home from college, and his mood had perked back up after being on the downhill for months, it looks like he just wanted to see me one last time before he passed.
Died in my arms, miss this guy. RIP

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:49:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Scoobs crossed the rainbow bridge last Friday.  

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#3]
damnint.

I miss Jake.

we lost him Sunday

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Rest in peace,  rory. She was an Australian shepherd.  We had 16 good years together...
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Job 1:21

Link Posted: 5/15/2016 10:48:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Rudy: 7/7/06 to 5/15/16
Lymphoma

See you at the bridge, my friend.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#7]
This is our little girl Lulu. Gone way too early. Most affectionate girl with the biggest heart I have ever seen.
GSD mixed with Pointer - 10/17/2011 to 10/22/2016

WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 3:07:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 0uTkAsT] [#8]
RIP Nyx Love you buddy. Nyx was a rottweiler / collie mix and had been battling a number of health issues for a long time. I had to put him to rest Friday, January 20th, 2017; he wasn't even 8 years old. He was a cuddler, an adventurer, a protector, a loyal companion, and a great big brother. He has been a part of every aspect of my adult life to this point, and he taught me more important life lessons than most people have combined. He was right there by my side when I proposed to my wife. He was my best friend and the greatest dog anyone could ever ask for.

Link Posted: 1/24/2017 10:15:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fantomas] [#9]
R.I.P. my little friend - I will miss you.

SYME on better day's

Link Posted: 2/14/2017 4:58:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I lost my cat, Trouble, on Sunday. I got her as a kitten from my Aunt the summer of 1999. She was seventeen, almost eighteen. She started eating less and less and started losing a lot of weight. She had kidney problems. Tried prescription meds and food but we were either too late or maybe it was just her time. She passed away in my arms.

Rest in peace Trouble :(
1999-02/12/2017
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 12:18:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Best indoor cat ever

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 2:10:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CatSnipah] [#12]
I'm very sad today. Saying goodbye to my 14-year old, green-eyed beauty, DeeDee. She came home as an 8-week old kitten, and turned into the most chill, relaxed cat; nothing ever rattled her. She's had IBD for over 3 years, but while that's been controlled, she's developed a tumor in her liver and another in her throat, compromising her airway.

So many sweet memories.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:23:02 AM EDT
[#13]
RIP Demon, 5/2003 to 5/2017. Champion mouser and Master of The 3 AM Ankle Ambush...I'll miss you buddy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:17:06 PM EDT
[#14]
This dude was the best dog I could have asked for companion wise. We both had/have anxiety issues. He was there for me and I was there for him. Loved taking him for car rides and just chilling on the couch cuddled up on the weekends. I miss you dude. Whatever issues you had from the past and stressed that caused is gone now. We will meet again. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 3:17:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Attachment Attached File

Midas was my buddy and my best dog for 13 years. He got smashed my some road construction machinery on June 1. It was not the fault of the driver. It was my fault. He was my dog and he was my responsibility.  It's been a week but I still miss him terribly. Sometimes life is not good.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#16]
My Cubby, he was going on 13, had to make the hard choice this morning...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I lost Midas in June and I still miss him.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 1:02:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Guys,  so sorry for all the recent losses. These are our family, and losing them sucks.

JEB's been gone 7 years and I still miss him. He had AFib and a DVT(?) in his leg that took him from us way too soon.

My panther:

Attachment Attached File

We lost Ashby 2 years ago. He had CH (Cerebral Palsy for cats) and we lost him after 4 years of kidney failure.

Our puppy:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Lost my Oreo 9/6.  At 16, he had a long good life with me since he was 10 weeks old.  He was like a dog at times - watched TV in my lap for hours if I'd sit there.

Attachment Attached File

Here he is loving on Bandit who has been gone 2 years now.  Miss them both a lot.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I lost Comere 2/1/2018 after being together for 15 years due to extremely aggressive cancer that took her less than 2 weeks after the initial diagnosis. She seemed perfectly healthy until a couple days before the diagnosis.

I was devastated by her loss and picked up an 8 week old English Bulldog puppy and named him Awesomest Maximus, or Max for short. Max suddenly passed away 3/1/2018 on the one month anniversary of Comere's passing. He seemed perfectly healthy until 30 seconds before he passed.

I'm going to wait a while before I get another pet. I'll probably wait until winter to find a new companion.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 4:12:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Attachment Attached File

My best friends that were with me during the best years of my life, they will never be forgotten.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Goodbye George. I will miss you dearly.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File

Had to send my baby girl off to the rainbow bridge last night. First dog I ever had. Adopted her at 3 and she's been by my side ever since. Emergency room for 36hrs for kidney failure then her body just started deteriorating once her levels where back. I miss her so much.

Attachment Attached File

Glad I was able to take her for one last walk. Cain't wait to see her again.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm so sorry. I'm sure she was a great dog. I'm also sure she appreciated the good care you gave her.

I know exactly how you feel, I've been where you are too many times. I wish your baby girl rests in peace at the Rainbow Bridge until you join her there.

There's a book about that you might want to check out... Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates

Best wishes,

Traveler
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 5:05:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _B_] [#25]
Ordered. Thanks brother.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey _B_,

I know you're hurting. I lost my best bud about a year ago and it was simply terrible. Ten years before that I lost another one. At that time someone recommended that book and it really helped. It didn't help with the grief but it did give me a certain confidence I would see my pup again. I suppose that shortens the grief. Whether it does or not, the book gave me an understanding that yes, our pets will be with us in heaven. It's not like God is short of space.

Now I have another 5 1/2 month old golden and life is good.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 11:41:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Krazny13] [#27]
Had to put my bud down today.  Loki, a Peachface Lovebird.  Had the little guy 13+ years.  Been having seizures for about 18 months, lost the ability to fly and had trouble walking since November.  Yesterday he just started having seizures non-stop.  Couldn't eat, drink, or walk.  Just sorta scooted on his belly.  Poor guy couldnt hardly open his eyes due to the exhaustion.  

Potato pics, I know.

Godspeed Loki.  I'll see ya someday.  Until then, save some Cheerios for me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 11:48:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Traveler] [#28]
I'm sorry to hear about Loki.

I know it was horrible seeing him experience the seizures. Best to you and RIP Loki!
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 6:06:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Yesterday we sadly said goodbye to our old gal, the spinster aunt of the family.  It's never easy, but Ellie made it as difficult as possible.  She was fine all day, no sign of anything wrong, but sometime shortly before midnight we heard her struggling.  After checking we thought she had a stroke.  She was stiff on one side, panting.  I sat with her and petted her, and she snuggled for about 15 minutes.  I was just ready to go back to bed when she seized up again and had the mother of all seizures.  Finally a 0245 my husband decided enough was enough.

Ellie was such a sweetheart.  She had trouble getting up some times and she stopped wanting to go for runs, but was happy to ride in the back of the pickup.  She took her job of holding the floor down very seriously.  She will be missed.

I loved this old gal.  RIP Ellie 6/6/05 - 5/2/18.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#30]
RIP Ellie. She lived to be quite old. I am sure she was happy with the love you and your family gave her.

My Midas was a golden retriever who died about a year ago. He also had seizures. They are horrible to experience.

I am sorry your pupper had to have awful seizures.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 1:00:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Traveler:
RIP Ellie. She lived to be quite old. I am sure she was happy with the love you and your family gave her.

My Midas was a golden retriever who died about a year ago. He also had seizures. They are horrible to experience.

I am sorry your pupper had to have awful seizures.
View Quote
Thank you very much.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Here is our Luke who took his last breaths about 0200 this morning. We were lucky enough to have him in our family for 12+ years. He would not let my wife out of his sight all the way to the end.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Gets Kind of dusy...

The last thing I remember is My Person bringing my to the Sharp Place.

I never understood why My Person would bring me to the Sharp Place. The smells were sharp, and they poked me with sharp things. That's why I called it the Sharp Place. It was a bad place. I didn't like it.

I don't know why My Person brought me there, that day of all days. I already hadn't been feeling good. I'd been throwing up, and my hips hurt and my paws hurt. Even eating grass didn't help. And then My Person brought me to the Sharp Place. I tried to be mad at him, but he seemed so sad about something, so I tried to wag my tail to cheer him up. I didn't even really notice when the Sharp Man poked me.

Then my eyes got heavy and that was the last thing I remember.

**Buddy,** a voice said. **Buddy, wake up.**

I opened my eyes and got to my feet, and I realized my paws didn't hurt anymore. I tried a wag, and that was fine, too. I sniffed the air. It smelled like the Play Park and like Our Home and the Car Window. I liked it a lot.

**Welcome, Buddy,** came the voice again, from behind me.

I turned around, and there was a person there. He wasn't My Person, but he was all safe and good smells, so I trusted him.

*Where am I?* I said.

**You're in the place that Good Boys go,** the person said.

*I was a Good Boy?* I said.

**You were a Very Good Boy,** he told me.

That was good. I always tried to be a Good Boy. *Where's My Person?* I asked.

**He's still down there,** the person said. And he waved his arm and all of a sudden we were in Our Home, and My Person was sitting on the Forbidden Chair and looking sad. Every so often, he'd look over at the Okay Couch, where I was allowed so sit, and his breath would catch because he was very sad. I tried to nuzzle him, but my nose just passed through his hand.

*What's happening? I don't understand,* I said.

The person sighed. **You can't be with him right now, Buddy. I'm sorry. It's the way of things.**

I thought about this. *So it's like My Person is on the Person Bed, and I'm not allowed there?* I said.

**Exactly like that,** the person said. **But he can be with you someday. If you choose to wait for him.**

*Of course I want to wait for him!* I said. Not wait for My Person? Who did this person think he was talking to?

**Hold on, Buddy,** the person said. He seemed sad about this for some reason. **It's not that simple. You have a choice.** He got down on one knee and he looked into my eyes. **There are bad things in this world, Buddy. Very bad things.**

*Like Neighbor Cat?*

**So much worse than her, Buddy.** He waved his hand, and I saw what he was talking about. He showed me dark things, that were like snakes and rats, only worse. Worse than the Sucking Machine. Worse than the Sharp Place. They smelled evil.

**These are the things that want to hurt him, Buddy. They want to hurt everybody. So you can wait for him, or you can keep him safe. But if you choose to keep him safe, then you can't see him again.**

*What, never?* I said.

The person nodded. **Never, Buddy. I'm sorry. Those are the Rules. It's a terrible choice.**

I looked at my paws. I didn't want to not see My Person ever again. But I wanted to keep him safe even more.

*I know what I have to do,* I said, and the person waved his hand, and all of a sudden we were in a place with there were as many dogs as I have every seen before. More, even.

**These are all the Good Boys who chose to keep Their People safe,** the person said.

I looked at them all. I couldn't believe it, still. *But there's so many of us!* I said. *How many Good Boys are here?*

The person looked down at me. He smiled, but I could tell he was also partly very sad. **All of you, Buddy. Every single one.**
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 9:06:51 AM EDT
[#34]
My boy chunk has been gone a month today.  Miss him like crazy!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#35]
@Belial
@akakirby

I'm very sorry to hear that Luke and Chunk recently went to the bridge.

I've had a series of Goldens, one dog at a time, for the last 40 years. Every time they go, I go into a dark place for months. I've found the only cure is to get another dog....but not too soon....you have to spend time in the dark place....getting used to it....thinking about what you lost, appreciating it for what it was, grieving. Then, when the grief becomes more tolerable and you are ready, find another dog. You will know when that time comes.

Another thing, know that your pup is not gone. He's just in a different place. I firmly believe that dogs to to heaven. All humans don't but I believe all dogs do. They cannot sin and it's not like God is short of space in heaven. If you are interested in this sort of thing, check out the Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates books. The author has written several books and I believe he addresses the topic very well.

Best to you both.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#36]
At work so I don't have pics now, but just put our tabby cat Haley down after 15 1/2 years. I thought I had accepted it before we went to the vet to put her down, as her health has been getting bad for awhile and I knew it was coming. But seeing her go on the vet table, kicked me straight in the nuts. I think part of having pets isn't just the memories of them but of all the things that has gone on in life since we first get them and them being around during it. Still a swift reality check when its done.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm sorry. I've had several dogs die on me and so I know how terrible you are feeling. Best wishes!
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:30:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JW] [#38]
To all those who posted Id like to say thanks for sharing and I am truly sorry for the lost and pain you are going through . I've been in this same spot 6 times and the latest was on the 4th July 2018 as we lost the fight to save our Schnauzer Haley , She was also known as Squeaker and Filthy .
She was a very special friend to me and the wife , a friend that was always there and shared every waking moment of our lives for 12 short years .

Haley , we are devastated by your leaving us. The worlds a darker place with you gone. JWAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Lost our sweet boy Max last Wednesday. Just over four years old he had an aggressive form of lymphoma. He is missed terribly in our house.

Rest in peace Maxwell Murphy the pitiful playful pitbull. Or we just called him “bugs or buggy” he had lots of names.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Sorry for your loss
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:13:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JW] [#41]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JW:
Sorry for your loss
View Quote
Greif is love with no where to go......I miss you very much Haley.

JWAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 4:21:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DD1801] [#42]
Originally Posted By Dog1:
After a few requests, here is a tacked Memorial thread for our beloved pets.

Please, just the basics, who, what, when, where and why.
View Quote
Man this thread really gets you in the feelers.  

This is for Rome.  My wife rescued her well before we met.  Rome was a greyhound mix, and she was 13 when we had to put her down, which was very early the morning of Dec 8th.      Her kidneys failed her and our poor girl was starting to suffer.  We really hoped she would be able to pass at home in bed with us, or at the least make it through the night as we had arranged for our vet to make a house call for the morning.  But instead we had to bring her to a 24/7 Animal Hospital that she had never been to, but we (my wife, and our two daughters ages 9 and 5) were all by her side trying our best to comfort her as they put her to sleep.  We felt it was important for our girls see this and be there, to help understand.

Rome was easily scared and a bit skiddish at times.  My wife thinks that her previous owner used to beat her.    She didn't like it when we had the fireplace going (the cracking and popping of wood scared her), she would go find a spot to hide.  I often times had to take off my hat when I came home from work because she seemed to be a little scared of a male figure with a hat on.  She was the Alpha of our other two dogs and kept the younger in line.  Her and the youngest would also play with each other a lot.  She loved squeaky toys.  So much so that they usually only lasted a day before she found the squeaker.

She was always polite.  If we were watching tv she would walk over to the other big lounge chair and keep staring at us until we told her she could get on that chair.  She didn't whine, she just kept looking at us.  She was brave, too.  Back when my wife lived by herself, someone broke in through a window and Rome leaped out after the burglar.  The other dog hid behind my wife.     She loved having her belly rubbed, but she really loved when we would scratch her butt.  She had the teeniest little paws.  Big smile, big eyes.  Can't believe she's gone now.  She was my wife's baby.

Just ordered the Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates book.

This was me taking her to a checkup a few months ago.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#43]
This is Ruthie. She is one of the three rescue pugs we have adopted. We had to let her go Wednesday. The house is just not the same without her. We were just going to foster her since we have experience with diebetic dogs. We had her a little more than three years.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 2:57:42 AM EDT
[#44]
I feel for you , Sorry guys .
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 12:20:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tacticool_Duck] [#45]
Attachment Attached File

My sweet Zola. Only 1 year old and taken from me by an extremely rare fungal infection that destroyed her. It all felt like a nightmare and was waiting for her to come up to me and drop her favorite ball.

I had a German Shepherd growing up that was my best friend since we moved everywhere growing up. He was hit by a car when I was on vacation and never got to say good bye. I waited for years to get another GSD and my Wife and I decided we would get one since we loved the breed. It was love at first sight picking her up and I just took her everywhere. Work, dinner, and she was my shadow. She was so easy to train, incredibly intelligent, and had such a great personality. She ended up getting a spot on her back by her tail that we thought was a hot spot and dropped all the money to take care of it. All tests came back negative and basically was declared a skin infection. Gave her all forms of medication and didn’t go away. One day I get home and she limps out of her crate  barely walking and I just knew this was something that was going to get worst before it got better. I rushed her to vet who referred me to a specialist who checked her out and dismissed the spot and referred me to a dermatologist for her, who basically took her sweet time helping me even though she knew it was a life threatening & aggressive infection. The spot didn’t get any better after more medication and basically spread down her spine and tail. It was basically eating her skin causing holes all over her. She stopped getting up, greeting, couldn’t wag her tail, and was a shell of herself. I was initially hoping to avoid surgery but realized it was getting too late and the new round of medication was not working at all. This early morning, my wife wakes me up tells me i need to get up. I didn’t even have to ask, I already knew the dreaded day I knew that was going to happen had come. And my poor girl’s entire back end has enveloped over night. Couldn’t use one of her rear legs. I get comfort that it appeared painless, she had her favorite toy and she didn’t have to suffer anymore.

I got to say goodbye this time at least.
Sorry for the long story, I have a general disconnect with a lot of my family, never really dealt with a loss, and this really hit home. Just feel like she was taken away from me out of this pure .0001% chance and feels almost unreal. House is quiet and no more sleeping next to my work desk or waiting for me to come home from lunch.

We’re having her cremated and going to get her picture made up in her honor.

RIP Zoe
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Our oldest cat left us a couple weeks ago. He lived to be 19 and had a great, adventurous life. Rest well Max.

I will see you again, but not yet. Not yet.

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the Kitty Condo, General of the Feline Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Meowcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered catnip mouse, husband to a murdered squeaky toy. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Goodbye for now, little Pippin.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#48]
My best friend. I've never been this close to a pet in my life. Everything reminds me of him and I wake up every morning looking for him. After a short hospital stay, kidney failure took him.

White Devil 4/12-7/19
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#49]
When ever I think of the puppers I've had this comes to mind....

Even my cats although they were assholes they were family.

I'm sure its a dupe but Im not going to look for it.

https://imgur.com/gallery/5PBTM0X

(Original by reddit user Euthenios)
The last thing I remember is My Person bringing my to the Sharp Place.

I never understood why My Person would bring me to the Sharp Place. The smells were sharp, and they poked me with sharp things. That's why I called it the Sharp Place. It was a bad place. I didn't like it.

I don't know why My Person brought me there, that day of all days. I already hadn't been feeling good. I'd been throwing up, and my hips hurt and my paws hurt. Even eating grass didn't help. And then My Person brought me to the Sharp Place. I tried to be mad at him, but he seemed so sad about something, so I tried to wag my tail to cheer him up. I didn't even really notice when the Sharp Man poked me.

Then my eyes got heavy and that was the last thing I remember.

**Buddy,** a voice said. **Buddy, wake up.**

I opened my eyes and got to my feet, and I realized my paws didn't hurt anymore. I tried a wag, and that was fine, too. I sniffed the air. It smelled like the Play Park and like Our Home and the Car Window. I liked it a lot.

**Welcome, Buddy,** came the voice again, from behind me.

I turned around, and there was a person there. He wasn't My Person, but he was all safe and good smells, so I trusted him.

*Where am I?* I said.

**You're in the place that Good Boys go,** the person said.

*I was a Good Boy?* I said.

**You were a Very Good Boy,** he told me.

That was good. I always tried to be a Good Boy. *Where's My Person?* I asked.

**He's still down there,** the person said. And he waved his arm and all of a sudden we were in Our Home, and My Person was sitting on the Forbidden Chair and looking sad. Every so often, he'd look over at the Okay Couch, where I was allowed so sit, and his breath would catch because he was very sad. I tried to nuzzle him, but my nose just passed through his hand.

*What's happening? I don't understand,* I said.

The person sighed. **You can't be with him right now, Buddy. I'm sorry. It's the way of things.**

I thought about this. *So it's like My Person is on the Person Bed, and I'm not allowed there?* I said.

**Exactly like that,** the person said. **But he can be with you someday. If you choose to wait for him.**

*Of course I want to wait for him!* I said. Not wait for My Person? Who did this person think he was talking to?

**Hold on, Buddy,** the person said. He seemed sad about this for some reason. **It's not that simple. You have a choice.** He got down on one knee and he looked into my eyes. **There are bad things in this world, Buddy. Very bad things.**

*Like Neighbor Cat?*

**So much worse than her, Buddy.** He waved his hand, and I saw what he was talking about. He showed me dark things, that were like snakes and rats, only worse. Worse than the Sucking Machine. Worse than the Sharp Place. They smelled evil.

**These are the things that want to hurt him, Buddy. They want to hurt everybody. So you can wait for him, or you can keep him safe. But if you choose to keep him safe, then you can't see him again.**

*What, never?* I said.

The person nodded. **Never, Buddy. I'm sorry. Those are the Rules. It's a terrible choice.**

I looked at my paws. I didn't want to not see My Person ever again. But I wanted to keep him safe even more.

*I know what I have to do,* I said, and the person waved his hand, and all of a sudden we were in a place with there were as many dogs as I have every seen before. More, even.

**These are all the Good Boys who chose to keep Their People safe,** the person said.

I looked at them all. I couldn't believe it, still. *But there's so many of us!* I said. *How many Good Boys are here?*

The person looked down at me. He smiled, but I could tell he was also partly very sad. **All of you, Buddy. Every single one.**
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm having a rough month. This guy that has been here for most of my adult life. Old age got the best of him. Fifteen years, two wives, five counties, and lots of good times.

Daisyman 5/04 - 8/19
Page / 5
Tacked Pet Memorial thread (Page 3 of 5)
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top