Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2020 12:11:33 PM EDT
Don't know if anyone will  know this or not, but my Panasonic TC-P60U50 plasma turned on with distorted sound this morning. It was bad through my sound bar, but it's worse, when I turn the speakers in the TV on. Even at volume level 1, the sound is VERY distorted and loud. The sound bar seems to be able to mitigate this somewhat and, while it's not very loud, the audio sounds like it's being sourced from a very high input (and I assume this is exactly what is happening).

This happens from input through either of the HDMI ports or for OTA broadcast through the tuner.The sound bar is connected through optical.

Main board? I have to assume that's the most likely culprit. I see I can get one for ~$35. I'm tempted to go this route, because I really don't want to buy a new TV right now and this one still has a great picture, even if it isn't 4k capable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top