Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2018 8:59:03 PM EDT
I am in search of something to put my camera in while duck hunting this year. Needs to be waterproof and some padding would be nice. Would like some sort of insert that I can drop into my hunting backpack. Anyone have any experience with something like this? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Edit...this is for a Nikon D90
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s pretty neat I just watched the video about it
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used a regular old dry bag with a couple of hand towels in it.  Floats, padded, and waterproof.  Plus you can stick other stuff in there too.

Something like this
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#4]
For inside a backpack, I'll use a Tenba BYOB insert inside of a Sea to Summit sil-nylon dry sack.

If it's a stand alone photo rig, I'll use sil-nylon dry sacks inside each bags/pouches to protect the camera and lenses.  These bags are very lightweight and fold up to nothing, so they're easy kit to stuff into a pocket of the bag in case of adverse conditions.

They only time I'll use the heavier rubberized dry bags is if I'm kayaking.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:32:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For inside a backpack, I'll use a Tenba BYOB insert inside of a Sea to Summit sil-nylon dry sack.

If it's a stand alone photo rig, I'll use sil-nylon dry sacks inside each bags/pouches to protect the camera and lenses.  These bags are very lightweight and fold up to nothing, so they're easy kit to stuff into a pocket of the bag in case of adverse conditions.

They only time I'll use the heavier rubberized dry bags is if I'm kayaking.
View Quote
Thanks! I like the looks of the Tenba, this may be the route I Go
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:14:43 PM EDT
[#6]
The Tenba BYOB 10 fits perfectly in a Sea to Summit 20L UltraSil dry bag.  These UltraSil bags are far more effective than any PU coated nylon I've ever used, as well as being lighter and more water tight.  The seam tape will fail on these bags long before the SilNylon wears out, and even after the tape wears out, they are still very water resistant, just not submergible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top