Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 2/17/2021 10:38:50 AM EDT
God damned, mother fucking, modern day, book burners!

TLDR: Baen is a long time, big time, sci-fi book publisher. Sci-fi, as you all probably know, tends to be a very right-leaning, libertarian-leaning, reading genre. Baen's library tends to run more that way than others. Baen has run a web forum for many years as part of their web presence and some asshole decided to leverage conversations there as the root of a blatant attempt to get Baen de-platformed. Since most of Baen's business is web-based that would kill them.

More here:

https://monsterhunternation.com/2021/02/16/publishing-house-baen-books-attacked-by-cancel-culture/

and plenty more on the web via the normal search channels.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#1]
See my 'shocked' face.

Baen authors are some of the best.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I have more books from Baen than any other publisher.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I just KNEW it was gonna be MHI that was being attacked!!!!

I LOVE MHI!  Those books are so damn fun!!!!!

We need to sic the gnomes on them commies!!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just KNEW it was gonna be MHI that was being attacked!!!!

I LOVE MHI!  Those books are so damn fun!!!!!

We need to sic the gnomes on them commies!!!!
View Quote

It’s the only thing that could get the red hats and blue hats on the same side.

Tomte unite...
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:27:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Screw them.  Just keep buying books and ignore the mouth breathers.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I’d still buy from Baen if they had to send me a mimeographed list of new books by snail mail every month.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Stasi Thought Police.  Those azzwholes DGAF about the First Amendment.  Proof that they're commie mofos PoS.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 4:57:30 PM EDT
[#8]
It would appear the bar is back up: http://file770.com/baens-bar-returns/
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:06:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It would appear the bar is back up: http://file770.com/baens-bar-returns/
View Quote

I just love how people that would send modern children into "re-education camps" call Trump supporters, "fascists".  Those dumb cunts wouldn't know fascism if it punched them in the face....and they were the ones dong the punching.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I’m not familiar with that author, but I find it ironic that “progressives” constitute the single biggest threat to freedom of speech.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:41:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Correia is an outspoken voice, but I think Tom Kratman is the real target of their ire, or at least the sissy manlet that wrote the original article.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd forgotten about this, guess I should buy some more of their books again.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd forgotten about this, guess I should buy some more of their books again.
View Quote

MHI books are a BLAST.  They get better and better!  The Gnomes are my favorite characters, though they don't show up often...when they do, it is a guaranteed laugh riot.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Who/what is MHI?
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:56:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:27:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Monster Hunter International?
View Quote

OK, that's one I didn't get into. I've got lot of Baen's other titles though.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:45:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

OK, that's one I didn't get into. I've got lot of Baen's other titles though.
View Quote

One of the few series that gets better with age.

So damn much fun to read.

Pure cheese...but of the highest quality!!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I have read many a Baen book.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#19]
This is the Mrs... Scuttlebutt I got on this guy (3rd or 4th hand can't remember at this point) is that he submitted a manuscript to Baen, got rejected, and a got of a burr up his ass for them not recognizing his wonderful work. So he started planning this several years back, hence he had 1 post on the Bar while being a member for several years. Also heard he is big buddies with several of the higher ups at TOR... Not the cool one who was Buddies with Jim Baen (and helped found Baen) and has since retired, but the ones trying to follow in his shoes...
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I just love how people that would send modern children into "re-education camps" call Trump supporters, "fascists".  Those dumb cunts wouldn't know fascism if it punched them in the face....and they were the ones dong the punching.
View Quote

..or even fancier, "fascisti".  Oooh, now there's a chic term. I'm so sick of hearing them throw that word around, it's as beat to death already as racist or nazi.
They're zealots and book burners, every one of them. They support violence everytime they cheer on BLM and Antifa, nothing but sheltered hypocrites.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 5:32:54 PM EDT
[#22]
We're in the reset now.  They will be irrelevant soon.  No one will GAF about their SJW issues and marxist outlooks.  Feed yore face first!
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like we need to throw some bucks their way. Any recomendations for stuff that a 12 year old might like to read?
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top