Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2020 5:58:07 PM EDT
I hope this would be the right section to write this.

Yesterday I found out my PS4's PSU fried(but I didn't take a meter to it yet). I have been using it quite a bit during all of this. It stopped turning on and I figured something just fell from behind and knocked out the wire.

To make a long story short ended up having to disassemble the whole thing to remove the power supply unit and open that up find out there were two small burn spots on it. PS4 was clean other than a little dust. Figured a small spider got into it considering we've had a spider boom with the temperature change. But the burns are at two opposite ends of the PCB and on different sides of the PCB. I'm just figuring that a component failed/shorted.

I checked online and most places seem to be out of stock of any sort of replacement part. I really don't want to have to throw this out or replace it because this was a gift from the Girlfriend. Is even the uncharted edition as she knew I like the game.

I'm not that great trying to source small electronic parts outside of eBay so I don't know any trustworthy places. Does anyone have a recommended place to check out to try to find this part or even know where exactly this part can be found?

Thanks a million to everyone that can help.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Start Here.  There are a few different PSUs on the PS4.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:13:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Start Here.  There are a few different PSUs on the PS4.
View Quote

I never got to say, thank you. That website or any of the guides never came up in any of the searching i did. I don't know why i never decided to check them out. I guess since i have used them mainly for cell phone related stuff, they are cemented as cell phone repairs in my mind.

From what it seems, my PSU is the "PlayStation 4 ADP-200ER Power Supply" ( technically N14-200P1A). Now to find one at a reasonable price!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top