Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/21/2021 6:21:30 PM EDT
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ps5-xbox-series-x-best-buy-in-store-restock-thursday

Online PS5 and Xbox Series X restocks are commonplace enough that our colleague over at Techradar, Matt Swider, now dedicates a whole chunk of his Twitter feed to keeping track of them. But now, Matt’s reporting that Best Buy’s going to hold its first ever in-store PS5 and Xbox Series X restock event this Thursday. If this holds true, this would also be the first time you’d be able to find a PS5 in-store at any major non-club retailer in 2021.

What makes in-store restock events so exciting is that bots can’t just buy up all the stock just a few seconds after opening. You’ll still have to contend with resellers and line jumpers, of course, but at least in-person, you can give them the evil eye.

Swider’s sources tell him that we can expect more than 50 consoles per participating store, and he says he has proof that the consoles are being stocked directly at store locations. That last part’s unusual, since they usually go to regional warehouses.

Still, you can see Matt’s receipts here, cropped and scrubbed of identifying info to protect his sources.

Update-

https://www.spieltimes.com/featured/ps5-restock-at-best-buy-offline-stores-confirmed-time-and-details-inside/?amp

At 7:30 am local time, Best Buy employees will hand out tickets. Since a lot of people will know about this now, it’s best to reach your nearest store with stock (how will you know that? Check last paragraph) at least 2-3 hours early. They’ll ask you which console you want to buy and based on that, hand out a ticket. They ensure that everyone with a ticket “will be guaranteed the opportunity to purchase the console”. Now, that’s really awesome!
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Enjoy waiting in line starting tomorrow at noon
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:23:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Enjoy waiting in line starting tomorrow at noon
View Quote

I already have one, so...

Lol.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag for news stories of fights and shootouts.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Juice still ain't worth the squeeze. Would you shank a guy for a /nogames/ piece of technoshit? Even in center city, what are they going to clip each other to play? One of the few JRPGs that have come out to mixed reviews? Come on man!

But seriously, objectively this is the most botched console generation, maybe ever. You couldn't get them and there was nothing worth playing, and as long as this shortage has lasted, anybody could have saved up for a gaymin' PC at this point, so I don't want to hear anything about budgeting. It's been about a year. You could have saved money, or financed one interest free.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I’d like to play Gran Turismo 7 on PS5. I also want it a lot less than most other people and I’m planning a PC build in the near future.

I’ll pick one up when they’re readily available in store without waiting in line for restocks. Or maybe when there’s a revision or price drop.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#7]
i have a job. can't stand around best buy all day to get skunked.

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I’d like to play Gran Turismo 7 on PS5. I also want it a lot less than most other people and I’m planning a PC build in the near future.

I’ll pick one up when they’re readily available in store without waiting in line for restocks. Or maybe when there’s a revision or price drop.
View Quote

LoL
Hopefully you enjoy integrated graphics
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I guess that explains why I had one in my cart a couple of hours ago and when I went to complete my order I got bumped from the Playstation store. The fuckers at Best Buy poached my console.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

LoL
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LoL

Lol!
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I guess that explains why I had one in my cart a couple of hours ago and when I went to complete my order I got bumped from the Playstation store. The fuckers at Best Buy poached my console.
View Quote

We're you signed into your Playstation account?

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

LoL
View Quote

It's not that bad. It ain't great or even good either, but with an affirm payment plan, you could get a bleeding edge PC for $95 a month for 3 years.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#13]
diablo 2 resurrected releases thursday, soooooo.......
that's what i'll be doing
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I haven’t bought any game consoles in years , no time for it anymore , but I remember the shitfest last Christmas so I went and looked .

Holy fucking shit $1000 ? Fucking lol
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We're you signed into your Playstation account?

View Quote

Signed into and used the “you’ve been selected for this special event” link that Sony sent me. I made it all the way to the end just to get booted.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Not gonna lie, the PC I built my wife DESTROYS a console in everyway but in ease of use/price combo for my use case.

I spend my days fixing IT related shit so not inclined to do any pc work unless its for my wife

So having the Xbox on tap with the quick resume feature os the tits.

I can jump in during a lunch break and pause any time then resume where I was after work.

I can manage all my games from my phone  AND I can play with my wife online.

The graphics are shit compared to 4k @ 120fps with shit tons of stuff on the screen with 0 hang ups.. but for $500 or so it cost me, thats plenty to just game a bit after work and on weekends.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's not that bad. It ain't great or even good either, but with an affirm payment plan, you could get a bleeding edge PC for $95 a month for 3 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LoL

Where do I sign?!
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:44:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Weren’t these systems released last year?  I haven’t kept track but I guess it makes sense there would be shortages since there are shortages of everything else.  Glad I haven’t played video games in the past decade.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The graphics are shit compared to 4k @ 120fps with shit tons of stuff on the screen with 0 hang ups.. but for $500 or so it cost me, thats plenty to just game a bit after work and on weekends.
View Quote

What did you build and what are you playing to get 4k at 120fps?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Where do I sign?!
View Quote
CyberpowerPC?
That's where I went and just randomly priced pre-built shit out. Some people say they're shit, but I don't necessarily agree with that having purchased a couple of computers from them. You'd be paying a decent amount in interest, but it's still included. I'm really not happy with the state of the market at all, but if gaming is your hobby, and you're willing to finance, it's still completely doable, even for the poors. I had to finance my first gaming PC as a poor and it worked out fine.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think that's possible on a game like assassins creed odyssey. Monster rigs were doing like 80-90 on ultra iirc but hat was before the 3080s came out. Maybe with twins it can do it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
CyberpowerPC?
That's where I went and just randomly priced pre-built shit out. Some people say they're shit, but I don't necessarily agree with that having purchased a couple of computers from them. You'd be paying a decent amount in interest, but it's still included. I'm really not happy with the state of the market at all, but if gaming is your hobby, and you're willing to finance, it's still completely doable, even for the poors. I had to finance my first gaming PC as a poor and it worked out fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where do I sign?!
CyberpowerPC?

you'll get a better processor and gpu if you put it on a credit card and put it together yourself than what you can get pre-packaged at dell or cyberpower...
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Weren’t these systems released last year?  I haven’t kept track but I guess it makes sense there would be shortages since there are shortages of everything else.  Glad I haven’t played video games in the past decade.
View Quote

The launch of these systems and the last generation of graphics cards has been nothing but a gigantic cluster fuck.
The supply output was no where even close to demand.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

3070 rtx, 10700k, 64gb of ram, and a 1tb m2.

She plays a bunch of MMOs that have minor graphical requirements but have a ton of effects, sprites, etc that bogged her last pc down.

So from 10 models loading in a lobby @ around 30fps to everything loading @ 120+ fps in combat.

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a series x that I have turned on once, just haven't gotten around to it. I guess I should post it up if it's still in demand
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

you'll get a better processor and gpu if you put it on a credit card and put it together yourself than what you can get pre-packaged at dell or cyberpower...
View Quote
Eh, maybe. I'm sure if you absolutely want to ball on a budget, with interest free promos and what not, you might be able to throw one together cheaper, but if you just want it hot and ready, it's still making the best of a bad situation. The biggest issue would be finding the GPUs in stock at MSRP at all, I'd think. If it takes you several months to secure a 3080, and time is money, you haven't actually saved any money in my book.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:56:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Anybody else with an Xbone suddenly start having issues?

My brother reached out to me yesterday with some tech questions, said he had gotten a new Xbox.
His was doing the same thing mine has suddenly started doing, being laggy, not opening apps, not turning on/off with the controller.

They killing the old ones off via updates?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
CyberpowerPC?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where do I sign?!
CyberpowerPC?

I know man.
I’m not financing pc parts or prebuilts
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
i have a job. can't stand around best buy all day to get skunked.

View Quote

Pay a homeless man to do it for you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. They were released last November. I can't believe they still haven't caught up yet. Crazy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They killing the old ones off via updates?
View Quote
No, they absolutely, positively would never do that. If his is new, not used new, but NEW new, if it's messing up he can get it fixed under warranty. It cost microsoft a lot of money and good will to fix the issues with the 360 (technically they never fixed it, they had to completely revise the console and service the old models with the hope that they'd last until the next console generation). OG 360s are time bombs guaranteed to fail. I think I have like two broken ones in my closet and they dumped them one Black Friday for free ($50 with a $50 mail in rebate at gamestop IIRC). They wouldn't purposely repeat that level of failure.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Eh, maybe. I'm sure if you absolutely want to ball on a budget, with interest free promos and what not, you might be able to throw one together cheaper, but if you just want it hot and ready, it's still making the best of a bad situation. The biggest issue would be finding the GPUs in stock at MSRP at all, I'd think. If it takes you several months to secure a 3080, and time is money, you haven't actually saved any money in my book.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i don't have a top end pc...and i had the luxury of building mine december of '19 right before shipping and stock went to shit...
i have:
b450 tomahawk motherboard
ryzen 7 2700x cpu
amd rx580 8g gpu
36g ram
1tb ssd

all that, plus a power supply and a case for $50 was $950.

for $1500 at cyberpower you get quite a bit less on the cpu and gpu from what i've seen....i've been looking at upgrading my other pc that's using an intel i5 and amd rx480 and i can't justify buying a whole unit even when the cost of just the gpu and cpu upgrade will be close to the same, but i'll get much better components...ymmv

watch newegg, woot, and amazon for the best prices and pull the trigger when they're available...

i have been tempted by the cyberpower guys, i just can't when i read the spec list
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Signed into and used the “you’ve been selected for this special event” link that Sony sent me. I made it all the way to the end just to get booted.
View Quote

That sucks.

Mine went smoothly a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:17:08 PM EDT
[#34]
You mean this 2?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#36]

I enjoy my PS5, but damn are they fucking huge. And I'm not a fan of the design, either. But luckily I was able to just stick it behind my TV, so I don't have to look at it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

LoL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LoL

I already have the card and most of components, actually. My dad was getting everything together to build a FS2020 rig when he got killed flying his RV8 last year. Just haven’t had the time/work space to build yet. Hopefully I’ll be able to get it done by the end of the year.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

i don't have a top end pc...and i had the luxury of building mine december of '19 right before shipping and stock went to shit...
i have:
ryzen 7 2700x cpu
amd rx580 8g gpu
36g ram
1tb ssd

for $1500 at cyberpower you get quite a bit less on the cpu and gpu from what i've seen....i've been looking at upgrading my other pc that's using an intel i5 and amd rx480 and i can't justify buying a whole unit even when the cost of just the gpu and cpu upgrade will be close to the same, but i'll get much better components...ymmv

watch newegg, woot, and amazon for the best prices and pull the trigger when they're available...

i have been tempted by the cyberpower guys, i just can't when i read the spec list
View Quote
It comes back to sourcing them (the CPU and GPU specifically) at MSRP. I paid over MSRP for my 3080, like double, but that was just a GPU upgrade, as all of my other components are pretty good, so it made sense for me to pull the lever. If I were starting 100% fresh though, I'd probably just buy prebuilt, for now. When the market gets better, that opinion will change, but right now it's just not great.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#39]
I got an invite email to buy one on Friday on Thursday. Didn’t sign up or anything. Wasn’t even in the market for one since I’ve switched to pc but still bought one anyway.

Got here today.

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pop a U-turn as soon as you pull up and see people in white t-shirts, cookie monster pajama pants and Nike slides.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I got an invite email to buy one on Friday on Thursday. Didn’t sign up or anything. Wasn’t even in the market for one since I’ve switched to pc but still bought one anyway.

Got here today.

https://i.imgur.com/1FqqnZs.jpg
View Quote

I hate you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:57:58 PM EDT
[#42]
I grabbed a ps5,  I hate the new GUI with a passion.  I notice almost no difference is gameplay between ps4 and ps5. Graphics are the same, controllers are a bit nicer but battery dies after 4 hours.  So far, I should have stuck with ps4….  Finally, it looks like some AAA ps5 Titles are coming out. However, they are also being released for PS4 at the same time. Whenever they do that the games are nowhere near as good as they could’ve been for the newer system.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I already have the card and most of components, actually. My dad was getting everything together to build a FS2020 rig when he got killed flying his RV8 last year. Just haven’t had the time/work space to build yet. Hopefully I’ll be able to get it done by the end of the year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LoL

Bro, sorry to hear about your dad.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It comes back to sourcing them (the CPU and GPU specifically) at MSRP. I paid over MSRP for my 3080, like double, but that was just a GPU upgrade, as all of my other components are pretty good, so it made sense for me to pull the lever. If I were starting 100% fresh though, I'd probably just buy prebuilt, for now. When the market gets better, that opinion will change, but right now it's just not great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i have:
ryzen 7 2700x cpu
amd rx580 8g gpu
36g ram
1tb ssd

Damn! 2xMSRP!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#45]
I personally would wait. The PS5's game lineup is still incredibly lacking. Maybe when the next Horizon rolls around in six months, but at this point it's nothing to buy a console for.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Got here today.

https://i.imgur.com/1FqqnZs.jpg
View Quote

This is definitely the easiest way to obtain one.

The other guy keeps saying the GameSpot way is easier.

I'll agree GameSpot is faster. But not easier.

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I grabbed a ps5,  I hate the new GUI with a passion.  I notice almost no difference is gameplay between ps4 and ps5. Graphics are the same, controllers are a bit nicer but battery dies after 4 hours.  So far, I should have stuck with ps4….  Finally, it looks like some AAA ps5 Titles are coming out. However, they are also being released for PS4 at the same time. Whenever they do that the games are nowhere near as good as they could’ve been for the newer system.
View Quote

Yeah, needs a shortcut for turning off/standby mode (yes I know about turning off the TV and it turns off automatically).

I get much faster load times and updates are lightning fast compared to the ps4.

I'm happy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

What TV or monitor are you playing on? Unless it can do 4K at 120hz, then you probably that won't notice much of a difference. The TV needs to have HDMI 2.1 in order to achieve that, and it's still not super commonplace yet.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What TV or monitor are you playing on? Unless it can do 4K at 120hz, then you probably that won't notice much of a difference. The TV needs to have HDMI 2.1 in order to achieve that, and it's still not super commonplace yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a LG CX 55 OLED for gaming. It's pretty bad ass.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Damn! 2xMSRP!!
View Quote
It's still cheaper than they are now. That's the worst part.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top