Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/4/2019 3:03:35 PM EDT
With WAL-MART taking an anti 2nd Amendment position

Do you plan on reducing your everyday purchasing there?
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Not even a little bit.

To be fair, I live down the road from their HQ and all of the other grocery stores in the area suck.

I tried shopping at a local chain. Produce sucks, meat sucks, and the canned goods are all 6 months from expiring.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
If you were still shopping at walmart before this, then you already didn't care about america.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:12:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll pay a couple bucks more for dog food at Kroger instead.....oh wait
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you were still shopping at walmart before this, then you already didn't care about america.
View Quote
Or not being poor.

Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:14:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I shop at Wal-mart ~2x per year. Hate that place. 40 registers, 5 open, lines 10 carts deep. Screw that noise. Plenty of cheaper places to buy ammo.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Walmart is the portajohn of grocery/consumer buying. Its just a stage above shitting out in the woods but alright if that's what you need and there's nothing else around.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Haven't shopped there for years honestly.

It would have been my last stop for guns and ammo normally anyway.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I stay away from walmart..Not my cup of tea..
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Nope.

Small town resident where Walmart has a virtual monopoly on retail. Next nearest grocery store is almost an hour round trip. Little gross, overpriced family owned grocery store here and their only competitor isn't an option.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah sure buddy, I'm pretty sure you make everything yourself including your clothes
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#13]
HEB for grocery and anything I need from Walmart I will find elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#14]
No, but I rarely shop there anyway.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#15]
The only reason I ever shop at WM is because they have ammo.
I tie ammo purchases with other goods.
Now that there will be no ammo no need to go there.
HEB, Dollar General and Academy here. They'll get my grocery and ammo money.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I live in a rural area with Walmart being the closest and cheapest place to shop.  I can eliminate all grocery shopping by using a chain local to my region but for other household goods like batteries and brooms, who do I buy from?

Amazon?  Are they worse than WM?
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Don’t shop there now.  No need to stop.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Most people that shop at walmart will not stop, many live check to check so saving a couple bucks means a lot to them.  Sad but true.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Aim surplus for ammo, Amazon for most groceries, Dollar General for things like milk, bread etc. Quicker easier and still about the same price.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#20]
I thought about this a lot last night.  We've already reduced what we buy at Walmart down to just a few items.  But unfortunately there are some items that I'm still going to have to buy there.  I don't like it, but i'm not made of money.

But when those items go on sale at Publix or Winn Dixie, or they have a buy one, get one free,  i'll be sure to buy enough from those stores to move into neck beard category!

ETA:  I just placed an order through Amazon for supplements I normally buy at Walmart.  That's $15 that I could have spent Walmart.  Yes, its small potatoes to a multi-billion dollar company, but it makes me feel good.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:46:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I live in a small town.  Closest town to me is about 100 miles.  I shop at walmart, amazon, or north 40.. Those are my options. What else can a guy do?
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Went about once a week before, now the wife and I won’t go inside one, unless it life or death.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Does anybody else see the obvious irony in suggesting Amazon as an alternative?

Is it OK to be anti-2A as long as it isn't new?
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#24]
They just became my retailer of last resort.

Meaning, if no other stores have it, if I can't switch brands to buy a product from somewhere else, if I can't order it online from elsewhere, and if I can't substitute a used item, then I might consider buying it from Walmart.  But only in an emergency.

In other words, I will not be buying anything from them if I can at all help it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#25]
I plan on never shopping there again.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#26]
had already cut back, this will be it
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#27]
The responses I see here are why we will lose our 2nd amendment rights eventually.

I will never step in another Walmart again.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#28]
I've already reduced it considerably.  I shop there about once a month right now.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Across the street is Dunham's. But truthfully I doubt stopping the ammo sales will hurt them.
Women control most of the spending in the country, you need to appeal to their emotions and feelings if you want to get a boycott going against walmart, kroger etc. And if they decide to run a big sale, well the women's emotions and feelings will be overruled for the savings is my guess.
Keep after Trump and the repubs with emails, letters and phone calls.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Never shop there. I live closer to a Kroger (300% better food), and a Meijer (better store all around).  I have no use for a Walmart in my life.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#31]
One of the big reasons I shop there is to because I would check price/availability on ammo when buying other stuff...  Now that's gone.  So yeah.

It's not gonna be a lot, but it's going to be something.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#32]
No change. Still gonna hit those clearance deals.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I will.  Not saying I won't ever go there, but half the reason for going in WM was to pick up a couple of boxes of ammo to add to the cart, little by little that adds to the fort.
Now, I'll probably just order things like cat food from Chewy in bulk once a month or so and skip the weekly stop at ChinaMart for supplies.  Most other things are available elsewhere even if it's a few bucks more, and I can always go to Petco, grocery store, etc.
It's almost impossible to live in America and not end up inevitably buying some things you need from a company run by libtards, what's disturbing about Walmart's stupid virtue signaling is that they didn't need to go out of their way to announce their cuckish globalist groveling, they could have just continued business as usual, but they felt the need to share their obeisance to the elitist progressive agenda.  They can choke on a big bag of dicks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Sgammo and local stores for food.  Done with Walmart.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Yes, it will be hard. Walmart is the only grocery store within 60 miles. It's competition closed last summer. I'll have to buy more bulk items and buy at Sams Club 80 miles away. Clothes and electronics I normally get on the internet. My prescription plan has me go thru Walmart so not a whole lot of choice there.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Technically I should have voted "No, I'm not planning on reducing my spending there", because I currently spend $0 there, and can't really reduce spending below $0.......

FWM
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
That is a very ignorant statement. Out in the boondocks there isn't a whole lot of choice unless you want to drive over 50 miles one way. Of course there is another Walmart just about 45 miles down the road.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Yup. Already talked to the wide about it, we may not be totally able to avoid walmart, but we can get most everything elsewhere.  Wal-Mart was a convenient 1 stop shop, oh well.

Shit!  How is Murphy USA affiliated with walmart?  The one I get gas from is across the street from them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 4:26:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That is a very ignorant statement. Out  to pay in the boondocks there isn't a whole lot of choice unless you want to drive over 50 miles one way. Of course there is another Walmart just about 45 miles down the road.
View Quote
Pretty much this...Wal-Mart is literally the only grocery store in our town. We drive 40 miles out of town on the weekend to do our “big” grocery shopping but when your in the middle of cooking dinner and realize your out of “insert ingredient here” you don’t really have a choice. Unless you want to scrap what you’ve been cooking.

We don’t buy there if we have a reasonable option....but sometimes it’s not realistic to avoid.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 4:34:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Cheapest place around here to buy any kind of frozen food , ice cream , pasta , paper towels , cleaners etc..
When I'm lazy I do go to a BigY a family owned grocery store and no shit same stuff totaled out is $75 more .

4 or 5 weeks a month depending on weeks in month $300 to $375 more a month for the exact same items .
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Yes. We spend about $9,000 a year at Walmart and Sam's club. Not one more dime after yesterday. I already transfered my prescriptions to another local pharmacy. I told the nice lady at Walmart corporate today. She apologized and said she would forward the information.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 4:47:57 PM EDT
[#42]
I bought Mobil 1, Ozark Trail coolers/ tumblers, and neckbearded 22lr. I can get that same or similar stuff elsewhere and not have to take a shower when I get home.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#43]
I literally go to WM just to watch the people. Sometime I buy something sometimes I don’t.

I find the people fascinating. The only better people watching is at the State Fair
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#44]
I live in a town of 10,000. Wal-Mart is the only local store that even carries a lot of things I need. When I am buying something that is sold by a different store, I'll almost always take that option, but it's just not feasible to reduce it much more than it already is.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Meh, I can go to a grocery store on Sunday morning as easy as I can Walmart.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
I bought very little there to begin with, mostly a few grocery items here and there and ammo if it was cheaper than all of our online resources.

I won't spend a penny there now, even though I probably only spent $100 at most a year for the last 10.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#47]
I'll never step foot in a Walmart again.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Lots of members here are part of the problem
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Fuck that place.  I rarely go there.

I always try to use local grocery stores and gun shops.

I admit, I've purchased ammo there - but never a firearm.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Lots of members here are part of the problem
View Quote
That seems to be the consensus. Everybody pointing fingers at everybody else. That always helps as usual.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top