Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2022 10:47:59 PM EDT
captainpooby has uranium covered.  I thought maybe a thread focused on PM miners would be useful.  I play in the junior explorers space.

I'll throw one out there to start.  Eloro Resources (CA: ELO; US: ELRRF)

Bolivian polymetallic MONSTER discovery with a lot of tin and silver.  43-101 keeps getting pushed off as they can't find the edges of the damned thing.  Godzilla.
Today's Friday Crescat Capital video had Quinton Hennigh doing some "informal resource modeling," and the ELO channel on ceo.ca has been talking about similar numbers for a week or so now.

Using Hennigh's numbers and a standard 5% in situ valuation figure ...

With silver at $22, $4,774,000,000
With silver at $40, $8,680,000,000
Today's market cap:  $218,364,000

Tasty, and with the drills hitting and hitting, the major risk seems to be an early buyout.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:07:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The major risk is government decides fuck you its our mine now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Jurisdictional risk, sure.  It's always a factor.  Even the US has jurisdictional risk.  Biden has denied permits, etc.  Boulder County in Colorado has gold mines and uranium mines that will never reopen due to environmental concerns.

Chile, Peru -- hard nos from me due to ideologically driven moves.  Doesn't matter what is there; I want no part of it.  Bolivia I'm willing to invest in, and as ELO rerates higher as the story gets out, and then the 43-101 is released, I'll be taking profits along the way.  The politics there have moved in a good direction, and nationalization of mining companies doesn't have political support.  Bolivia acknowledges the role of mining in its economy (its chief export), and if they nationalized a mine, what mining company would invest ten cents there?
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 1:30:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Jurisdictional risk, sure.  It's always a factor.  Even the US has jurisdictional risk.  Biden has denied permits, etc.  Boulder County in Colorado has gold mines and uranium mines that will never reopen due to environmental concerns.

Chile, Peru -- hard nos from me due to ideologically driven moves.  Doesn't matter what is there; I want no part of it.  Bolivia I'm willing to invest in, and as ELO rerates higher as the story gets out, and then the 43-101 is released, I'll be taking profits along the way.  The politics there have moved in a good direction, and nationalization of mining companies doesn't have political support.  Bolivia acknowledges the role of mining in its economy (its chief export), and if they nationalized a mine, what mining company would invest ten cents there?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not saying dont do it. I'm just saying almost any country you have the risk of them taking it. Bolivia is no exception. I am not a close analyst of Bolivia though.

I personally hold mining  stock so its not like I am against your point. I dont hold a singe company though, diverse ETF.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 2:51:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm not saying dont do it. I'm just saying almost any country you have the risk of them taking it. Bolivia is no exception. I am not a close analyst of Bolivia though.

I personally hold mining  stock so its not like I am against your point. I dont hold a singe company though, diverse ETF.
View Quote

Fair enough.  I changed the thread title to "PM equities," which is a better title anyway as it encompasses more of the sector, including service companies.

I track GDX, GDXJ, SILJ, and their leveraged versions.  Those ETFs are highly liquid, widely discussed/analyzed, and a great way to spread risk across a basket of companies.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 3:58:08 PM EDT
[#5]
No interest?  I'll take one more shot at it.

Days like today are excellent for helping to find the gems among the rest.  A big daily % down in a junior, in a market like this, could just be a big investor saying fuck it and pushing a bunch of sell buttons.  But juniors up today on any volume show that one or more investors see an opportunity and are willing to pony up cash in uncertain market conditions.

Or maybe they're nuts.  That's always a possibility too.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:08:01 AM EDT
[#6]
i have the two big ones, barrick and newmont.

although i am interested in mining companies in general. i feel the juniors require more time and knowledge than i can muster.

that said i do own gold resources (GORO).  i didn't find this producer. it found me.
they bought out (stock swap) a venture mining play called aquila resources. that i owned shares in.

Link Posted: 5/7/2022 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
i have the two big ones, barrick and newmont.

although i am interested in mining companies in general. i feel the juniors require more time and knowledge than i can muster.

that said i do own gold resources (GORO).  i didn't find this producer. it found me.
they bought out (stock swap) a venture mining play called aquila resources. that i owned shares in.

View Quote

Nice.

Yeah, playing in the juniors takes a lot of time and attention.

If (when IMO) outside money comes into this sector looking for safe harbor (they go for the blue chips here), you'll be smilin' big -- let alone the case where gold flies and excess profits push out to stockholders as special dividends.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#8]
ok maybe i speculate more than i care to admit. i watch polymet (PLM). i have bought it twice in the 2.40-2.50 range.  the last time there was a weird anomaly in the nickel market. i logged in one day and the price had jumped of over a buck. i panic sold on the spot.  

i'm watching it close now and will drop a couple grand if it gets there again. this project has been going for a long time. i believe glencore has bought in. i do think it will be active some day. just not while biden is in office.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a lot of dry powder and am mostly sitting on it watching, but today ...

picked up more Banyan Gold (BYAGF US; BYN CA).  The price due to market conditions is silly, as I view it as a mostly derisked exploration junior on the verge of a nice resource update.  I follow the drill results closely, there's a lot I like about the company, and had no problem scooping some shares.  I started buying this one at $0.10, so have some cushion which I really don't need.  This one is going to be a mine; it's just a matter of who owns it.  I can wait.

and I took more Core Assets (CCOOF US; CC CA), which saw the bejeebers knocked out of its price in the last couple days.  I couldn't stand it, and took more near the low of the day.  Price recovered some before close, so I had a 9% return on that by the end of the day.  Fine with me.  This one is early-stage, but soil sampling has returned some big numbers, like 90+% metal at surface, within a 6.6 x 1.8km area of massive sulphide occurrences.  As always, high risk/reward, but I like its chances.  It goes into the vault for a couple years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top