BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Maybe purge spec-ops of “white supremacists” like Merkel did the GSG?
View Quote

That is how rambo was formed.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There was a big faction of Dems that wanted a "first female" SECDEF.  I'm at least glad they didn't get their way.
View Quote

FUCK that, I want...no DEMAND a trans SECDEF NOW

I want the entire cabinet to be TRANS.  It must be so!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
He's military so he has kept his mouth shut about his politics for the most part.  You won't find out until he shows his cards.  To be a biden guy we all know where he most likely stands.
View Quote

WRONG. his IS a politician in military clothing.  All general officers are...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wasn't he retired in '16? He needed 7 years to federally qualify for the position. Guess the Constitution doesn't matter yet again.
View Quote

Cocaine Mitch voted to give him a waiver on the 7 year requirement...bending over backwards just like he always has
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm probably the only guy in here who liked Mattis. Yeah, yeah, calm down.

I think that even if this guy is all that and a bag of chips, he's going to be on way too tight of a leash to be effective.

EDIT: I'm not seeing MIL icons anymore.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've seen his e-mails when I was in Baghdad.  He's an illiterate imbecile.
View Quote

affirmative action success story
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Cocaine Mitch voted to give him a waiver on the 7 year requirement...bending over backwards just like he always has
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wasn't he retired in '16? He needed 7 years to federally qualify for the position. Guess the Constitution doesn't matter yet again.

They set a precedent with Mattis. They will waiver them all now
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Was he the dude saying that he was going to focus on getting rid of the Domestic terrorist within the military ranks?

Thought I read something about him the past couple of days, maybe not.
View Quote
Yes, that is him.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just a paid politician in military clothing!
View Quote

He’s a civilian now. If he were still on active duty, he would be ineligible to serve as SecDef.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#10]
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/for-1st-black-pentagon-chief-racism-challenge-is-personal/ar-BB1d0Aka

Newly confirmed Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin will have to contend not only with a world of security threats and a massive military bureaucracy, but also with a challenge that hits closer to home: rooting out racism and extremism in the ranks.
View Quote

Austin is not the first secretary to grapple with the problem. Racism has long been an undercurrent in the military. While leaders insist only a small minority hold extremist views, there have been persistent incidents of racial hatred and, more subtly, a history of implicit bias in what is a predominantly white institution.
View Quote

Austin is not the first secretary to grapple with the problem. Racism has long been an undercurrent in the military. While leaders insist only a small minority hold extremist views, there have been persistent incidents of racial hatred and, more subtly, a history of implicit bias in what is a predominantly white institution.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Is he legit, or just another liberal asshole?

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey look in OPs second picture it’s @screechjet / the guy in screechjet’s avatar.  I think he was the 1-25 BDE commander if that is who I think it is.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Too bad size has nothing to do with character, intelligence or patriotism. But whatever.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll bet Biden at some point asks this guy for a high gloss shoe shine.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Came here to post this

Cornpop was a bad dude
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cornpop.

Came here to post this

Cornpop was a bad dude

He may have been, but proved himself somewhat reasonable accepting chain wielding Joe’s apology.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Serious question: are there any White, straight, married with children, Christian men in leadership roles in the Biden* Administration besides FJB himself?
View Quote

you said straight.
ETA  ' Christian men '
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#17]
He's pretty big. NOT the fat kind of big. But like he'll stomp on you.

He was my division commander, and my interactions with him are he is a great commander/leader. So I'm good with it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:10:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/for-1st-black-pentagon-chief-racism-challenge-is-personal/ar-BB1d0Aka

Newly confirmed Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin will have to contend not only with a world of security threats and a massive military bureaucracy, but also with a challenge that hits closer to home: rooting out racism and extremism in the ranks.

the only racism I ever saw in 12 years on AD (and it was rare) was from black toward white.  Especially if it was black Masons in the NCO corps fucking over white NCOs to make sure their fellow black Mason NCOs got ahead.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
He was my former Division commander. Seemed like a good dude at the time. We shall see.
View Quote
Well, the whole Mattis thing went well. What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:26:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes he is.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Under the circumstances, this is probably about the best defense department pick we could hope for. At least the guy has some actual military knowledge and isn't just some nerdy civilian pencil pusher, bean counter, political hack...the type you'd normally expect to see a dem nominate. Even in a worst case scenario, I can't see him being any worse than Mattis in the role. In fact, we might get lucky and he'll end up being Biden's "Mattis". By that, I mean someone who ends up resigning in protest, then becoming a vocal critic of Biden on the media stage.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
https://www.revolver.news/2021/01/not-your-grandfathers-patriotic-military/

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Retired Army General Lloyd Austin said on Tuesday that he would work to rid “racists and extremists” from the ranks of the U.S. military, mend alliances and focus strategically on China if confirmed as President-elect Joe Biden’s defense secretary.
Austin would become America’s first Black defense secretary and has declared his intention to improve diversity within the U.S. military, which is diverse in the lower ranks but largely white and male at the top.
“If confirmed, I will fight hard to stamp out sexual assault, to rid our ranks of racists and extremists, and to create a climate where everyone fit and willing has the opportunity to serve this country with dignity,” Austin, 67, said at his confirmation hearing.
“The job of the Department of Defense is to keep America safe from our enemies. But we can’t do that if some of those enemies lie within our own ranks,” Austin told the Senate Armed Services Committee. [Reuters]
View Quote

Tells me all I need to know, fuck that guy
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The dumbass has probably forgotten who he is by now and will get scared when he sees him in a meeting.
View Quote

Nah, it will be like meeting Von Staufenburg for the second time in the Wolf's Den.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I want to read his citation for that Silver Star... He was a General at that time....hmmmn.
View Quote

I'd like to see it too.  I have seen guys get the bronze star just for being a squad leader in Iraq.  Don't know what it takes to show gallantry these days though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#25]
One wonders what the write up for his silver star says....
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:00:36 PM EDT
[#26]
He interviewed for the position under Trump, but didn't make the cut.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I assume anyone who got promoted in the senior officer ranks under Obama is a worthless piece of shit.  Hopefully he's one of the good guys and will disprove my assumption.  Time will tell.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So where's the next war and when does it start?
View Quote

Invading Taiwan in 5... 4... 3... 2.......
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
He's pretty big. NOT the fat kind of big. But like he'll stomp on you.

He was my division commander, and my interactions with him are he is a great commander/leader. So I'm good with it.
View Quote

Glad to see something reassuring on the guy. Thanks for the comment.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:17:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

the only racism I ever saw in 12 years on AD (and it was rare) was from black toward white.  Especially if it was black Masons in the NCO corps fucking over white NCOs to make sure their fellow black Mason NCOs got ahead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I call that the McDonalds Strategy.  Once you hire an AA manager at McDonalds, you usually end up with 99% AA employees in short order.  I also call it racism.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've seen his e-mails when I was in Baghdad.  He's an illiterate imbecile.
View Quote

"Just to caveat off of what the SGM said"...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:12:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Did he sign the loyalty oath?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They run out of trannies to appoint?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:51:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Retired Army General Lloyd Austin said on Tuesday that he would work to rid “racists and extremists” from the ranks of the U.S. military, mend alliances and focus strategically on China if confirmed as President-elect Joe Biden’s defense secretary.
Austin would become America’s first Black defense secretary and has declared his intention to improve diversity within the U.S. military, which is diverse in the lower ranks but largely white and male at the top.
“If confirmed, I will fight hard to stamp out sexual assault, to rid our ranks of racists and extremists, and to create a climate where everyone fit and willing has the opportunity to serve this country with dignity,” Austin, 67, said at his confirmation hearing.
“The job of the Department of Defense is to keep America safe from our enemies. But we can’t do that if some of those enemies lie within our own ranks,” Austin told the Senate Armed Services Committee. [Reuters]
View Quote

"Racists and extremists" being anyone not loyal to the Party, of course. Nice, someone else apparently on China's payroll. Do some token faux opposition internationally while obediently implementing their destabilization directives domestically.

Whole fucking country is just going to roll over for Beijing without them firing a shot. This is embarrassing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

@Harv24

Silver Star
AWARDED FOR ACTIONS
DURING Global War on Terror

Service: Army

GENERAL ORDERS:
CITATION:
(Citation Needed) - SYNOPSIS: The President of the United States of America, authorized by Act of Congress July 9, 1918 (amended by an act of July 25, 1963), takes pleasure in presenting the Silver Star to Brigadier General Lloyd James Austin, III, United States Army, for conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in connection with military operations against the enemy as Assistant Division Commander for Maneuver, 3d Infantry Division, in support of Operation IRAQI FREEDOM during the Battle for Baghdad, Iraq, in April 2003. Brigadier General Austin's heroic leadership and dedicated devotion to duty, without regard for his own life, were in keeping with the highest traditions of military service and reflect great credit upon himself, the 3d Infantry Division, and the United States Army.

View Quote
That right there is a bullshit use of a Silver Star.   Sad.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:59:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

So he is going to take out the majority of the gov?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:45:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:48:40 PM EDT
[#38]
holy shit, wasn't this mfer in the green mile?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:52:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
"Dog tired, boss."
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:58:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
We will see.  Just like we were all excited for SCOTUS, we had it ALL WRONG.
I will wait to see his actions before I judge the man.
View Quote

Agree.   I remember how GD was fellating Mattis, and he turned out to be a bag of shit.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:15:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That right there is a bullshit use of a Silver Star.   Sad.
View Quote

And that is a perfect example of what is wrong with the Awards system... I suspected as much. Like another poster said, what is it exactly that he did under fire that warranted our nations third highest award for bravery. I want Specifics. Call me old fashioned, but I want to read    

" While under intense enemy direct fire, and after being wounded multible times, Gen Austin, in spite of his wounds, charged into the enemy ranks and destroyed there defensive position with grenades and automatic weapons killing them and securing his units position, which allowed the unit to destroy enemy opposition and secure the objective."

And for all of you who served with him and say he's good to go... I'm not falling for the Mattis Gambit again... unless you were his right hand man, being in the same division with him, you know jack about him.

I guess we will just have to wait and see....
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:20:13 AM EDT
[#42]
He'd better be decent, but I doubt it.  Sonofabitch has the H-Minus on him for his affiliation so, again, he'd better be.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:25:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:32:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I cant wait for the hot mic of a paniced and confused biden screaming, "are we being robbed!?!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The dumbass has probably forgotten who he is by now and will get scared when he sees him in a meeting.

I cant wait for the hot mic of a paniced and confused biden screaming, "are we being robbed!?!"

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:37:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

@Harv24

Silver Star
AWARDED FOR ACTIONS
DURING Global War on Terror

Service: Army

GENERAL ORDERS:
CITATION:
(Citation Needed) - SYNOPSIS: The President of the United States of America, authorized by Act of Congress July 9, 1918 (amended by an act of July 25, 1963), takes pleasure in presenting the Silver Star to Brigadier General Lloyd James Austin, III, United States Army, for conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in connection with military operations against the enemy as Assistant Division Commander for Maneuver, 3d Infantry Division, in support of Operation IRAQI FREEDOM during the Battle for Baghdad, Iraq, in April 2003. Brigadier General Austin's heroic leadership and dedicated devotion to duty, without regard for his own life, were in keeping with the highest traditions of military service and reflect great credit upon himself, the 3d Infantry Division, and the United States Army.

View Quote

I think I’m feeling annoyed. One family relative received the Silver Star for something he did as an FO with an artillery battalion in which he was killed by a German artillery barrage in Holland (I’ve never been able to find the formal citation).  Unless Austin did something particularly heroic in Iraq, this cheapens other awards.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:51:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

.....corn pop? I thought you were dead. About  that uh, chain around your head , you know the thing..I was just joking. Come on man.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:18:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
He was my former Division commander. Seemed like a good dude at the time. We shall see.
View Quote

The same can be said of Mattis and we all know how that played out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:40:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"It's hard to remember"

-Joe Gaffmaster Biden - circa 2021
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:41:30 AM EDT
[#49]
“That’s a big bitch”
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:50:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

"Racists and extremists" being anyone not loyal to the Party, of course. Nice, someone else apparently on China's payroll. Do some token faux opposition internationally while obediently implementing their destabilization directives domestically.

Whole fucking country is just going to roll over for Beijing without them firing a shot. This is embarrassing.
View Quote

It’s funny but my Dad’s unit in the 50’s had black noncoms and yet the Army has a history of “racism”.  Wasn’t it a Democrat (cough, cough Roosevelt) that was the last segregationist CINC?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top