BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 16
Posted: 11/9/2022 4:00:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:03:18 AM EDT
[#1]
It hasn’t passed yet.

And mail in ballots keep coming in until next Tuesday too.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:04:26 AM EDT
[#2]
That sucks for them, and I hope everyone can stock up before the cutoff date.

Is this the first major state level gun control passed by ballot initiative?

We may see more of that coming in purplish states.  

At least to some extent, I'd imagine parts of this will get shot down after Bruen, $65 to buy a $50 lower sounds a lot like a poll tax to me.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:08:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Guns are an important cottage industry in Oregon, maybe.

Noveske, Pac-Nor, Noveske.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:08:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:09:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guns are an important cottage industry in Oregon, maybe.

Noveske, Pac-Nor, Noveske.
View Quote

Not really.

It’s weed n drugs now.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:09:30 AM EDT
[#6]
may their chains rest lightly.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:15:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Portland is +100,000 on 114 and there’s currently a 16,000 vote difference. Oregon is controlled by one city’s vote.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:20:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey, at least they get to keep the mags they have.  December 18th everyone here in RI is facing felony charges and 5 years in prison for every mag over 10 rds.  During the hearing for the injunction in federal court, the judge did a great job arguing the states case for them. Welcome to the suck.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:24:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hey, at least they get to keep the mags they have.  December 18th everyone here in RI is facing felony charges and 5 years in prison for every mag over 10 rds.  During the hearing for the injunction in federal court, the judge did a great job arguing the states case for them. Welcome to the suck.
View Quote

That’s terrible
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:24:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like a poll tax.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:29:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:30:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Portland is +100,000 on 114 and there’s currently a 16,000 vote difference. Oregon is controlled by one city’s vote.
View Quote

This ballot measure demonstrates how evil "democracy" is: around half the people in the state are plotting to egregiously violate the rights of the other half. Democracy is a form of slavery, which is why this nation was founded as a constitutional republic by some of the smartest, bravest men to ever live.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:39:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It hasn’t passed yet.
https://i.imgur.com/ws2QzYQ.png

View Quote

The downfalls of a democracy.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:40:41 AM EDT
[#14]
The bill was rushed through the ballot approval process, had questionable verification of signatures that were amassed last minute, then had a title and summary that were written with extreme bias. This was all then sponsored by out of state billionaires with a funding disparity of like 10,000:1. We had zero help from anyone. A completely unorganized grass roots counter attack that amounted to some yard signs and a bumbling "muh rights" rant on TV. Gun shops and ranges posted flyers, as well as places like Sportsman's and Cabelas sending out e-mails, but that's like preaching to the choir.

All that and we're 'only' going to lose by like 5-10k votes by the time the week is over. 5-10k votes will effectively kill gun sales in the state of Oregon forever. No gun shops will survive this. While we're stuck in limbo with this BS, they'll force the other half of their plan through our state congress banning "assault" weapons. So no one will be able to panic buy on the leadup to their next ban, which will ban nearly every semi automatic in existence.

I'm leaving this shithole the first chance I get. Even if by some miracle this doesn't pass, they'll keep trying.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:45:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The bill was rushed through the ballot approval process, had questionable verification of signatures that were amassed last minute, then had a title and summary that were written with extreme bias. This was all then sponsored by out of state billionaires with a funding disparity of like 10,000:1. We had zero help from anyone. A completely unorganized grass roots counter attack that amounted to some yard signs and a bumbling "muh rights" rant on TV. Gun shops and ranges posted flyers, as well as places like Sportsman's and Cabelas sending out e-mails, but that's like preaching to the choir.

All that and we're 'only' going to lose by like 5-10k votes by the time the week is over. 5-10k votes will effectively kill gun sales in the state of Oregon forever. No gun shops will survive this. While we're stuck in limbo with this BS, they'll force the other half of their plan through our state congress banning "assault" weapons. So no one will be able to panic buy on the leadup to their next ban, which will ban nearly every semi automatic in existence.

I'm leaving this shithole the first chance I get. Even if by some miracle this doesn't pass, they'll keep trying.
View Quote

You’re not wrong.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:55:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Pay money to exercise a constitutional right?

The courts should save us but I will not count on it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:55:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:59:19 AM EDT
[#18]
That really sucks, I'm sorry for you guys that call Oregon home.

It's a beautiful place to live, just like Washington is.

I called Washington home for 40 years, and still love that state, but will never be able to live in the state I love again.

We're all headed down the same path, we can point and laugh while saying "move to a free state", but I'm telling you all we're all going to be in the same situation soon enough, even if it's federal, it's coming.

I'll never give up, and will fight until my last breath, but it sure feels like this nation is slipping through our fingers.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:59:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Pay money to exercise a constitutional right?

The courts should save us but I will not count on it.
View Quote

By the time the courts come around, they'll be in phase 2 of their plan. This was their sample case and the tipping point. They now have irrefutable proof that gun control has zero affect on the outcome of the election. This is the data point they needed to take their super majority in the state congress and ram through anything they want, knowing that the "majority" of people here want it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 5:18:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

He’s an Obama appointed judge….did you expect anything different.   If he rules against us, it will be appealed.  My question is where the fuck is the NRA?   These scumbags ask for money year after year and disappear when we need them
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 5:25:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Pac-Nor burned down a year or so ago

The owner said he wasn't going to rebuild, did something change?
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 5:45:36 AM EDT
[#22]
And to think I considered moving to Oregon.
Good thing I didn't.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 5:46:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted Bypaddykern:
Good thing I didn't.
View Quote

Thank you for that.

I’m sure Michigan is better.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 5:49:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Wtf
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 5:51:23 AM EDT
[#25]
We are only .39% behind at the moment.

Maybe 12,000 votes.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 5:54:02 AM EDT
[#26]

Conservative lawyers (if there are any) never sue. All the Right does is whine, bitch, and roll over.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 5:54:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Guys, maybe I'm stupid, but the only news source I see calling it in favor of 114 is the Oregonian. The gap has narrowed a bit since I got off work, and there is still a lot of the vote to count. Not saying it will get beaten, but that I don't see any indication that things are over.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 5:55:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Guys, maybe I'm stupid, but the only news source I see calling it in favor of 114 is the Oregonian. The gap has narrowed a bit since I got off work, and there is still a lot of the vote to count. Not saying it will get beaten, but that I don't see any indication that things are over.
View Quote

Maybe 12,000 votes.

47% of the votes reported.

F the Oregonian.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 5:56:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
It had narrowed a bit and Drazan slowly narrowed the gap on the site I'm tracking on.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 5:58:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Pac-Nor burned down a year or so ago

The owner said he wasn't going to rebuild, did something change?
View Quote

PAC-Nor
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 6:01:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

PAC-Nor
View Quote

He's right, I remember that happening. Looks like they're up and running again.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 6:06:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Maybe 12,000 votes.

47% of the votes reported.

F the Oregonian.
View Quote

I will say that only 60% of the vote in Multnomah is counted. If the 75% ratio holds in Multnomah, once they count all the vote there 114 I think will pull further ahead. But the vote is very very close right now, and I think that shows there'll be quite an interest in legal battles against 114 after it becomes law.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 6:08:46 AM EDT
[#33]
What bullshit
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 6:36:48 AM EDT
[#34]
I’m sorry, Brothers.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 6:40:54 AM EDT
[#35]
There has to be something constitutionally wrong with that, that can be argued with bruen
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 6:44:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Thank you for that.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Good thing I didn't.

Thank you for that.

Well, we don't have a magazine ban
Sorry
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 6:56:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
may their chains rest lightly.
View Quote

May the chains rest lightly on those few who actually voted for it as well as those many who did not.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 7:21:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Don't forget we now count ballots mailed out on election day, up to 7 days after if post marked on election day, and there is still more to come.

Current voter turnout is rather low compared to the average. 48.11% compared to the 31 past general election average of 75.47%.
59.02% being the lowest turnout in '98.

Using data from our state's records

Current
Attachment Attached File

Past generals back to 1960
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#39]
It isn't over yet, boys...less than a 12,000 delta

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 7:35:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Utah is lucky Salt Lake City can't manage that. They wanted McMullin in bad. Many Utah counties have populations smaller than a NY town. Plus there's a huge influx of wealthy virtual workers, that's want most of the new population is. I have neighbors who moved in and immediately put out a McMullin sign
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Portland is +100,000 on 114 and there's currently a 16,000 vote difference. Oregon is controlled by one city's vote.
Utah is lucky Salt Lake City can't manage that. They wanted McMullin in bad. Many Utah counties have populations smaller than a NY town. Plus there's a huge influx of wealthy virtual workers, that's want most of the new population is. I have neighbors who moved in and immediately put out a McMullin sign
I said the same thing in my recent observations of Utah.  

It will get Coloradoed when the money gets thrown at it and it will be the Provoites and laptop class who happily do it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 7:36:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It isn't over yet, boys...less than a 12,000 delta

https://i.postimg.cc/wj6DLGQq/Screenshot-20221109-030820.jpg
View Quote
And see my above post comparing current turnout to the past averages. And the fact we now count ballots post marked by election day.

Hopefully it's all the other conservative votes, and hopefully USPS doesn't fuck us on them.

7 whole days of waiting.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 7:41:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Sounds a helluva lot like a law that lacks historical precedent. If the Bruen decision can correct the anti-gun bullshit in NYC then it can easily do the same in Oregon. The magazine ban certainly won't stand up to that degree of scrutiny.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 7:43:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sucks to have worse gun laws that California.

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 7:44:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Thank you for that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Good thing I didn't.

Thank you for that.

You don't know much about MI.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 7:52:58 AM EDT
[#45]
I can’t imagine that will stand up under higher court scrutiny but who knows.

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It hasn’t passed yet.

View Quote

You can blame about 8,000 12,000 lazy gun owners for not getting out to vote.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 8:02:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You can blame about 8,000 lazy gun owners for not getting out to vote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It hasn't passed yet.

You can blame about 8,000 lazy gun owners for not getting out to vote.
Already blaming them. Also blaming the ones that mailed their votes last minute.

No idea what's being processed right now, but we are still well bellow average turnout.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 8:02:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You don't know much about MI.
View Quote

I know MIchigan loves covid tyranny.  You guys re-elected a fascist who outlawed buying vegetable seeds.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 8:08:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It hasn't passed yet.

View Quote
 So, plenty of time to print enough to make double damn sure it passes.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#50]
"Where we go one we go all", every state is gonna have some horseshit like this eventually.  Or it'll pass at the national level.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top