Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 29
Posted: 9/8/2020 5:14:59 AM EDT
Local news says it started around 9 pm.   Started at mp 42.   Current radio traffic is saying it has grown to mp26.

They are evacuating a large stretch of the highway.   5 or 6 small towns in the evac area.

Broadcastify has the scanner feed under "lane county"

So far they have had a rit activation (ff in distress)
No coms due to the repeater burning over
Two trapped county deputies (blocked by downed trees)
Multiple callers stating they cannot get out of their driveays due to downed trees.

Tomorrow's forecast is for 15% humidity,  35 mph winds, Temps in the high 90s.

https://kval.com/news/local/go-now-level-3-evacuation-notice-issued-for-residents-in-blue-river

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ORClimateSvc/status/1303232734983151616?s=19[/tweet]
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 5:17:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the fire evacuations are between leaburg oregon and  blue river oregon.

When the sun comes up, its going to get really shitty.   Current humidity is at 17%
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 5:26:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Prayers out, fellas. Wildfires scare the heck outta me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 5:29:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 6:02:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, I'd rather deal with hurricanes and flooding here in the Gulf Coast.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#5]
another gender reveal party gone wrong?
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#6]
ZFG. They voted for this.

I kid. Good luck to any in harm’s way!
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Best wishes to all in it's path.

Holding for cause . . .
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol, I had a lengthy response typed out before I read your full post.

The radio traffic died down last night around 2:30.

I got pulled into work to back fill.  My department sent 5 guys and 2 type 6s.  

The terrain ranges from shitty (steep and brushy) to a valley with residential areas.    It is between 20 to 50 miles away from any town of significance.

Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:05:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like they are working with first net to set up temporary cell towers.    Fire must have taken the existing ones.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Moving rapidly down the Santiam.  Idana, Detroit, and Mill City under mandatory evacuation.  Stayton and Sublimity under notice to be ready for evacuation.  High winds from the east forecast for today.  This is really bad and about to get worse. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wildfires-in-santiam-canyon-mandatory-evacuation-for-mehama-mill-city-detroit-notice-for-stayton-sublimity/ar-BB18Ojyw?ocid=hplocalnews
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:47:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Aw, crap. I like that area.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Moving rapidly down the Santiam.  Idana, Detroit, and Mill City under mandatory evacuation.  Stayton and Sublimity under notice to be ready for evacuation.  High winds from the east forecast for today.  This is really bad and about to get worse. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wildfires-in-santiam-canyon-mandatory-evacuation-for-mehama-mill-city-detroit-notice-for-stayton-sublimity/ar-BB18Ojyw?ocid=hplocalnews
View Quote

I am sitting in Sublimity loading my truck up right now. Still a Level II but the sky is red to the NE and smoke is heavy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#14]
I am listening to requests for fd assistance from residents in vida saying their house is surrounded by fire and they are unable to evac.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:56:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I read the title as "executions underway."
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Stay safe OP, and don't worry, The Governor will blame this on the appropriate people.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Co-workers parents evacuated out of mill city last night around 1

Another person I know in Gates, same thing.

Not looking good, wind isn't supposed to die down till tomorrow, hot and dry for the foreseeable future
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Just saw a story on the Creek Fire complex in CA (135,523 Acres). Seems there's 50+ people trapped in the fire zone and they can't get to them to pull them out.

Natl Guard helicopters can't get in due to the smoke. They were able to evac 200 people from that fire complex yesterday, but it appears it they were in an area 'less involved'.

Prayin' for the people trying get escape these fires.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 11:25:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Windy times in Oregon on Mon/Tues. We had bad smoke come in from the east with the winds yesterday. More clear today.
Good luck, beautiful area down there. Was going to take the road from Cougar Reservoir to Oakridge next weekend on the bike... guess that's out.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I am listening to requests for fd assistance from residents in vida saying their house is surrounded by fire and they are unable to evac.
View Quote

They're screwed if helicopters can't fly.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just saw a story on the Creek Fire complex in CA (135,523 Acres). Seems there's 50+ people trapped in the fire zone and they can't get to them to pull them out.

Natl Guard helicopters can't get in due to the smoke. They were able to evac 200 people from that fire complex yesterday, but it appears it they were in an area 'less involved'.

Prayin' for the people trying get escape these fires.  
View Quote

Hopefully they can make their way to the river.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Windy times in Oregon on Mon/Tues. We had bad smoke come in from the east with the winds yesterday. More clear today.
Good luck, beautiful area down there. Was going to take the road from Cougar Reservoir to Oakridge next weekend on the bike... guess that's out.
View Quote

Sounds like it is on both sides of the highway.  

The smoke settled in last night, as I was driving into work at 11 it looked like the end of the world.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#23]
I've heard that Mill City is gone and fires in Lyons.  Stayton and Sublimity elevated to level III and being evacuated.  Salem on level II, "prepare to evacuate" status.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#24]
A bit more geographic information in the thread title would be helpful, there are so many fires right now

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A bit more geographic information in the thread title would be helpful, there are so many fires right now

View Quote

This fire isn't listed yet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Beachie Creek fire is the one coming down the Santiam River Valley from north of Detroit.  The web site is 10 hours behind so it's not current.  It's frustrating trying to get up to date news because the local news comes out of Portland and they're taking up most of the time with their social justice warrior justification BS.  We're getting reports from people that have been or are evacuating now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Dad's funeral service was held on the river at Eagle Rock Lodge.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 12:44:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 12:46:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or maybe the state in the title.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:02:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Jeez. This looks bad.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn...
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

They need to get out of and away from the house. Get away from fuels. See the Facebook video above. Buildings on fire but roadway is safeish.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:21:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

They need to get out of and away from the house. Get away from fuels. See the Facebook video above. Buildings on fire but roadway is safeish.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They just updated.   Residents said road was impassable,  all their vehicles were on fire.  Fire 3 feet from house.   Fd unable to make it to the house.    Resident is attempting to make it to the river.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Damn...
View Quote

Our SAR team sent a crew to help evacuate for a Linn County mutual aid request. We do mutual aid for searches in the Cascades fairly often, but I don't recall a 5am call for mutual aid for evac help, ever.

For those unfamiliar with the area, this is steep, dense, tough terrain. It's beautiful. There are tons of criss crossing trails and logging roads and if you are not familiar with them, easy to get lost. There are lots of zones with zero cell service, and without repeaters, plenty of canyons without radio reception.

There's no easy access or egress and the main roads are limited. This is horrible now, but we had a cooler night. As it warms up today and the wind picks up, that area could have a major disaster incoming.

Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#38]
East Springfield is under level 1 evacuation orders.  

Springfield is pretty long, but has 80k residents.   I doubt it will get into the city.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Small fires popping up everywhere around here. Neighbors house caught on fire briefly last night. This wind is crazy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They just updated.   Residents said road was impassable,  all their vehicles were on fire.  Fire 3 feet from house.   Fd unable to make it to the house.    Resident is attempting to make it to the river.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy Shit. Vida - that's a whole other drainage and a long way from Mill City.

FYI for non-locals- McKenzie River is South of Santiam River. I can't believe both are burning. Son of a bitch that's horrible. I hope they can get to the river. What a nightmare.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#41]
I live in that area. Everything is blanketed in smoke and outside is amber colored.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
East Springfield is under level 1 evacuation orders.  

Springfield is pretty long, but has 80k residents.   I doubt it will get into the city.
View Quote

Fuuuuck. Highway closure.

Eugene/Springfield is on the left.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sounds like they are working with first net to set up temporary cell towers.    Fire must have taken the existing ones.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/149392/20200908_070210_jpg-1582689.JPG
View Quote

This is what it looks like outside my window.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Arson?
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Arson?
View Quote

Retard-strength winds last night and this morning.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Retard-strength winds last night and this morning.
View Quote

Unusual to have winds this high and from the east.  It's been very dry here with the last rains at the beginning of July.  This is the time of year that we typically have forest fires but they don't typically come this far down the passes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Arson?
View Quote

Likely yes. There is a lot of fires that popped up between oregon an washington this weekend. All likely very deliberately set.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Stay safe OP, and don't worry, The Governor will blame this on the appropriate people.
View Quote

They were all last seen running from the area with flamethrowers and red ball caps turned around backwards.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2020 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#50]
I know several who had to evacuate Mill City and along the 22 corridor, Gingerbread House is gone, sky has been crazy colors all morning varying shades or orange and red, sun is a straight up red circle in the sky.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top