Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2020 10:39:08 PM EDT
Anyone have a favorite online bakers supply? I have trouble finding anything other than AP Flour local and am going to start making bread again. Looking for things like Rye/pumpernickel and good organic whole wheat and AP flour. Suggestions for online bakers supply that are GTG?
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 12:28:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Carl1000 was good enough to post about the LDS store having hard red wheat flour in stock Flour

For an assortment of different flours, including high gluten is King Arthur

A few months ago a 25# bag of bread flour was $18 retail at a store I shop, now you can't even find it, and if you do the price is 400% more.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:21:00 PM EDT
[#2]
25# bread flour is $8.00 at Costco. Had plenty yesterday.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I lied, 8 bucks was Sams and I bought it there, costco was 12 or 14 for 50 pounds.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:23:45 AM EDT
[#4]
King Arthur is sold out of a lot of its flours and other ingredients.  I guess you need to check a few times a day, in case stuff comes back in.  It sells out quickly.

But I did buy a lot of stuff for making rye bread there.  I made a few batches for my dad before he passed.
I’m mostly making sourdough now.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone know where I can find some damn yeast?
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:20:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By burnka871:
Anyone know where I can find some damn yeast?
View Quote

I've read that GFS has it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:31:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I prefer to buy my wheat in the 5 gallon buckets.  The canned stuff linked to earlier seemed really expensive....

Still looking for a supplier.  I'm on my last bucket.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top